60 Feet to High Speed

124»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Damn I need to find the national post. Shouldn't be TOO hard to get it in Detroit - although I could just as easily make a trip to canada. It's only 10 minutes away :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Damn I need to find the national post. Shouldn't be TOO hard to get it in Detroit - although I could just as easily make a trip to canada. It's only 10 minutes away :D
    Get me a copy too! :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    And me! :headbange
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    Ive got the paper in front of me, looking now..

I'll scan it in.. ;)
    edited March 2006
    I guess I'll have to go to Windsor today and buy like 10-20 copies

I called bookstores, duty free, etc. National Post in Detroit? no go so far :(
    edited March 2006
    Here it is :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=19543&stc=1&d=1142708347
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited March 2006
    Hey that's really neat! :celebrate
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    This is just awesome!

My favorite quote:
    "This guy is my new hero,"
    edited March 2006
    :woowoo:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    What page?? :D
    edited March 2006
    What page?? :D

Page 13 :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    Awesome - thanks, lemonlime! :clap:
    edited March 2006
    The only thing that sucks about that article:

They hyphenated short-media.com on a column end, which makes it somewhat ambiguous: people will go to shortmedia.com first

:(

* oh how I wish that stick-in-the-mud guy who doesn't even USE SHORTMEDIA.COM would finally sell the stupid name to us :(
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited March 2006
    Thx lemonlime for putting this scan here, i've drive to Joliette and i tried to find one National Post , without success :( most of the place i've been only buy 2 or 5 copy of the NP and so they are out of order pretty fast and pretty soon on the morning. Most people here only buy 'Journal de Montréal', a french news paper that is made 'in quebec, for quebec people', so i've seen 3 piles of this news paper, but no NP. They was only some Globe & mail and The Gazet as english news paper. :shakehead

At least i've print your scan and it will stay in the scrapbook of my 'life achievement' forever :thumbsup:

I feel sorry that the link of the site is putted on 2 seperated lines, but people who read news paper will surely deal with that and manage to come here anyway if they are looking to read the article, or will google it and find a website that link us anyway :D
    edited March 2006
    GooD wrote:
    At least i've print your scan and it will stay in the scrapbook of my 'life achievement' forever :thumbsup:

Hey GooD, shoot me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send you the actual cut out :)
    edited March 2006
    lemonlime => PM :)

Hahah guys you should have seen the face of my father when i showed him the scanned pciture of the article. :D It was awesome, at first he was thinking 'huh... this is a joke right ?' but when he realized it was true then he turn into a mood like ':eek2: ... All of this because of this tower in our backyard ? wtf: Internet is a weird thing with strange underestimated power as i can see'

LoL my father is not very familiar with the Internet technology, i've helped him to buy some items on EBAY, that's all haha

Sometimes he come in my room and watch me play WoW during 10 minutes... Without saying anything, then around out and go do something else hah
    edited March 2006
    I can't get to windsor today :(

I want like 20 copies

Can any canadian member help us out? I'll reimburse you.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited April 2006
    Amazing.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    GooD, I just read your Internet tower story again for the third or fourth time, two years since you finished your tower and wrote the article. I still nod my head in respect to your determination and engineering. :respect:
    edited November 2008
    Hahahah Thx Leo ;)

What a surprise for me to see "Reply to thread '60 Feet to High Speed'‏" in my mailbox today :D

Well it was a hell of a ride for sure :p

For feedback tho i'm no longer living next to the chruch and i've moved with my girlfirend to a bigger city, with highspeed cable internet isp lol.

Internet with my tower was faster than 56k, but it was not stable... Some day i could do 320 k/s and some other day i could barely do 60 k/s and get d/c a lot of times per day. Trying to play online games was a horrible experience most of the time. (ping 150ms then whoops a 6000ms pike... 150ms... WHOOPS another 6000ms 10 mins later)

I would not say anymore that it was 'worth it' since i had a lot of stability problems with my connection and i moved to another city faster than i was planning but what can i say... i had to try :) lol

When you try you can fail, when you don't... well you fail everyday.

If anyone is interested, im still trying to 'sell' my 60 feet tower :eek3: Wanna tell you're friend yours is bigger ? Well buy one ! haha just kidding. :vimp:
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    +Rep to that guy :D GOD IS CYBORZ
    edited November 2008
    GooD wrote:
    When you try you can fail, when you don't... well you fail everyday.

:life:
  • 2013 month from 2014

my service provider provides 250mph in upload and download

seeing this article makes me cry in joy that he built his own tower

brings tears that back then 300kph was the shit

good going mate
    primesuspect
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

my service provider provides 250mph in upload and download
    brings tears that back then 300kph was the shit
    Um...huh?

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    One can only guess he meant 250 Mbps and 300 Kbps respectively.

-Digi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Tushon said:

BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

Nope, his ISP provides a race track with fast cars.
    fast dump trucks. don't forget your senatorial internet analogies.
    TushonmidgaErrorNullTurnip
    Tushon said:

BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

Nope, his ISP provides a race track with fast cars.

Hahah that's exactly what i thought :p

For an update on the tower, i sold it last year for 300 CND :p The guy wanted the material for reforging. There was was a lot a steel in that tower lol

Sometimes i just go back to this article and read it again for no apparent reason lol

Im still amazed at the time that i put in that project in a short period of time back in the days :p
    primesuspectGnomeQueenGHoosdum
    @Good! Great to see you!
    GnomeQueen
  • I am going to build a special kind of tower my self. I am working on a portable tower its going on my RV.im making it so that it will exstend and retract. do you have a cable going up with a special receiver up on the top. my spelling bad but ho!well

midga