mx1000 mouse tracking problems

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited March 2006 in Hardware
I just got the mx5000 bundle, it came with an MX1000 laser mouse. I'm very annoyed with it right now though. It's like every 2 or 3 minutes the cursor starts to wander around all by itself and I can't control it too well. It's really a pain in the ass. Has anyone here come across this and how did you fix it? I looked on Logitech's forums and found nothing substantial.

Comments

• Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited March 2006
    My MX1000 started wondering the other night while I was gone. I came back and no matter what it moved around. I had to unplug the USB and restart, then plug it back in.

That was the first time. Hasn't done it again.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    bump, I just posted this on [H] and thought maybe someone else here had something else for me. Park, I appreciate the help, I wish I had only that issue lol. one thing I tried and will see if it helped or not is I connected the bluetooth receiver to a USB extension cable so that it is further away from my HDTV and speakers as I read those can cause interference with bluetooth devices, although I don't understand why it wouldn't do it all the time instead of it being this intermitent, every three to five minute problem. anyhow, here's what I posted on [H]
    I just got one of these, I had a MX700 mouse before that I loved and never had a problem with. This is driving me nuts however. The mouse, like every 3-5 minutes it seems, just lags to hell. It's almost like there's someone else controlling it, it's obnoxious. I first ran it without installing Logitech's software, which I never used on any other Logitech mouse before because I hate the way it makes their hardward work lol. I figured maybe there's something in their software that makes the mouse talk to the receiver correctly and maybe there's also something in there to do with bluetooth security connectivity issues, so I gave in and installed it. That seemed to help, but it didn't, and I have the same issues again. Also the keyboard, maybe I just need to get used to it, but sometimes it seems like it doesn't register all the keys I type. Could be the same connection issue.

Anyone?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I used to get that sometimes with my mx700 - the pointer would drift continuously in one direction (not randomly). It went away when I started using a mousepad, rather than just using it on a wooden desk.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    That happened to one of mine and nothing would help, so I just returned it and got a new one. I guess that one was just defective or something. I still use my wooden desk. One thing i know that causes that is a high gloss surface like glass, itl go crazy on that.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    That happened to one of mine and nothing would help, so I just returned it and got a new one. I guess that one was just defective or something. I still use my wooden desk. One thing i know that causes that is a high gloss surface like glass, itl go crazy on that.

this is with the mx1000 mouse with the laser sensor? cause my gut feeling is that this one is defective and I just want to return it/exchange it.