dumb question about WoW quests

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Gaming
I have this quest to deliver a rose to some chick in Darnasus. I've been walking around the city for like 15 minutes and can't find her. Isn't there a way to like target her using her name or have some kind of pointer show me which way to go to find her. This is one thing that really turns me off about WoW, I end up walking around aimlessly so much just looking for NPCs

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    /tar hernamehere -- but it won't have a pointer.

Or www.thottbot.com, and type in her name. It'll give you a map.

Darnassus sucks.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    ok i figured it was /tar, same thing in SWG. Only thing is I tried tar all over darnassus and she was never targetted. I'll check out thottbot though, thanks for the info.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    We've lost so many active members to WoW :(
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited March 2006
    Darnassus is just a really obnoxious city.
    edited March 2006
    I just started playing WoW you MMO hating... I can't find anything to put in here. I like you too much lol.
    edited March 2006
    YOU GAME ADDICTED JERKOFF!

;D

Where have you been all my life, kanezfan?!?!?!
    edited March 2006
    YOU GAME ADDICTED JERKOFF!

;D

Where have you been all my life, kanezfan?!?!?!

I'm so addicted, you might see me on the A&E program "Itervention" soon lol. Wher have I been? I've been busy getting "Yu0 g3t tEh F!@!#@#!" That and having fun with baby.
    edited March 2006
    Oh how I lament the loss of days spent with Kanezfan :crazy:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    If you run into my daughter over there in WoW, tell her that her old man misses her... :(
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    I've never played WoW but i hear alot of good stuff about it. I'm considering picking it up tonight.
    edited March 2006
    Oh how I lament the loss of days spent with Kanezfan :crazy:

If you want to come over later, I still have those bottles of lu... er yeah so uuuhh, how's everything :eek:
    edited March 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    I've never played WoW but i hear alot of good stuff about it. I'm considering picking it up tonight.

It's hard for me to get into it. I rally don't like the fantasy genre, but then there isn't much to play as far as sci-fi goes. I play swg a lot, but lately i haven't been. once you hit level cap and get all the loot, you're done.

I still like WoW though, it's ok for me, but you know, they just hit 6 million subs, so they must be doing something right.
    edited March 2006
    damn is it a monthly subscription you pay? screw that if i have to pay monthly ill just stick with cs
    edited March 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    damn is it a monthly subscription you pay? screw that if i have to pay monthly ill just stick with cs
    yup, $15/month. If the subscription turns you off, I highly suggest you try guild wars. it's also an MMO, but there's not monthly fee. It is a lot of fun to play and the world is absolutely humongous.
    edited March 2006
    how much does guild wars cost?
    edited March 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    how much does guild wars cost?

I've seen it for 39 brand new. i bought someone's account for $20 on some forum. he changed the email address in the account to mine and gave me the password and so I dont even have to use someone else's credentials to log in. didn't need CDs to install either, you can download the client from ncsoft's website.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Actually on WOW you can watch your mini-map/Radar and a gold dot will appear for a quest completion point when you get close enough. It's not always full Radar size.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    www.thottbot.com is your friend. Saved my ass from running around for hours many times.
  • TonksTonks Fairfax, VA/Salem, WV
    edited April 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    If you run into my daughter over there in WoW, tell her that her old man misses her... :(

:P
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Does anyone know of any RolePlaying MMORPGs excluding Neverwinter Nights persistant worlds?
    edited April 2006
    Final Fantasy XI
    edited April 2006
    Final Fantasy XI

You're sure people actually properly RolePlay on there? i.e. is it policed?
    edited April 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    You're sure people actually properly RolePlay on there? i.e. is it policed?

It's not policed, other than general GMs for bad behavior, etc.

Roleplaying? Some do. Perhaps it was different when I played - I was in a four month North American beta. Perhaps the beta testers are a bit more inclined to role play, but I couldn't speak for it now. I haven't played it in at least two and a half years (or whenever FFXI was in beta).
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2006
    We've lost so many active members to WoW :(

*raises hand*

:-/
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited April 2006
    hello all

I've played City of Heroes for almost 2 years now, and have been playing City of Villians since it came out.

As far as role playing goes, the setting is contemporary so you can pretty much "act yourself" and you'll be your own individual, but some people do really act out the role of their hero or villian. It all depends.

The "Virtue" server is the unofficial RP server so most people go there if that is what they want. The server I'm on (Infinity) is mostly soloers, the pvp scene isn't too strong. Freedom is the most populated server.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited April 2006
    *almost raises hand* then remenbers he only playes off and on

so not lost yet:ninja:
    edited April 2006
    I'm talking quality roleplay here, not people acting a bit like the character. I.e. no 'lol's and 'rofl's, you should purely be able to take the ingame speech log and it should read like a book...
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited April 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    I'm talking quality roleplay here, not people acting a bit like the character. I.e. no 'lol's and 'rofl's, you should purely be able to take the ingame speech log and it should read like a book...

I don't think you'll be able to find a good game with this kind of extreme RP. On every RP server of every game you'll find a bunch of people who will scrap your day with their out-of-nowhere supposed RP.

Good luck tho.

The only game i've been playing that was actually really RolePlay was http://www.bahagon.com/ , a french on-line game in wich you are a god that lead a legion to his glory or his doom. No graphic at all, but it was really RP so it was fun. But even there, after 2 years it becomes popular and then a lot of crappy people came to scrap my game RolePlay experience. I was killing without RP reason any people that was not RP just because they ruined the game, but after a while i stop playing this game...

Im pretty sure there is other exemple of game that was a good RP experience at first, but are no longer as good because the game became popular :(
    edited April 2006
    Enverex wrote:

I doubt you'll find this quality in anything that involves the mass-market.
    edited April 2006
    Ah, fair enough then, it was worth asking. If anyone is interested in stuff like that though I'd look into NWN's persistant worlds. Highly immersive.