Toys "R" Us Takes PS3 Pre-orders

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Science & Tech
For $50 Toys R Us will allow you to pre-order your very own PS3. This offer is only available in the stores, so don't go looking online.
Toys R Us is one of the bigger sellers of consoles and many were thinking they would put a hold on pre-orders of the PS3 for a few months.
Well 50 bucks for a non existent console, sure why not.

Source: The Inquirer

Comments

• entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited April 2006
    Hah, watch all the fanboys lose $50, only to be screwed 'cause there aren't enough anyway. WOO!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Hmm, "not enough anyway" is an understatement. The PS3 is vaporware. I don't think Sony has yet demonstrated even a prototype. According the Inquirer, working models may not even appear at E3. Sony is betting very heavily on a loyal fan base, or they've performed a colossal blunder.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited April 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Sony is betting very heavily on a loyal fan base

That they are. And they're right, too. Sony kids will buy anything, just like the Nintendo ones. And hey, I'm not criticizing - you bet your ass I'll be waiting in whatever line (or lack thereof :D) there is for a Revolution. Same with the new Zelda whenever it finally comes out.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Im not a huge console fan and may know this... but I will be buying a PS3 in the long. Why you ask? the same reason everyone is buying XBox 360's... but the main reason is the Blue Ray drive....
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    entropy wrote:
    That they are. And they're right, too. Sony kids will buy anything, just like the Nintendo ones. And hey, I'm not criticizing - you bet your ass I'll be waiting in whatever line (or lack thereof :D) there is for a Revolution. Same with the new Zelda whenever it finally comes out.

I'll be right there with you. I'm psyched about the Revolution, and I can't wait to play the new Zelda game.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    im gunna be preordering 4 ps3s, strait ebay.
  • edited April 2006
    Hah, watch all the fanboys lose $50, only to be screwed 'cause there aren't enough anyway.

That is until they find out the balance!

I thought Sony was going to be smarter than trying to put something out right at the Christmas rush. No thanks, I'll wait.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    ' wrote:
    [V][AGIC']im gunna be preordering 4 ps3s, strait ebay.

I'm gonna pre-order as many as I can, from every store I can. I don't care if I have to spend $10,000, cause once they finally release, you know they'll be going for like $2000 each on ebay.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    ya if we get a xbox360 repeat which i know it will end up like that it has for every consol for years.