*NEW* SiI3x12: SATA RAID/IDE BIOS v4x76 Released

Comments

• edited April 2006
    mbauglir wrote:
    :bawling: Can anybody help me with infamous asus a7n8xe-deluxe onboard sil sata 3112 bios upgrading?With this new one(v4x76),cos right now, i cant boot from newly installed samsung 250 gb sata drive.Setup says no hdd....win xp recognises it though and norton partition magic lets format and do stuff on it.Im totally dumbuser concidering modding motherboard bioses.I have latest asus bios file...version-1013.As there are many other this mobo users,i think such upgraded mobo bios will be greeted well.Weird thing is mine simple award bios dont see it also,but it is so old and simplified,maybe it shouldnt see sata single drive anyway.btw i will use single sata drive on this mobo,not any raid array.

Hi mbauglir,

1.)
    At the bottom of this post there is the updated ASUS A7N8XE-DELUXE BIOS with/including
    latest SIL SATA 3112 BIOS (Ver. 4.2.7.6).

2.)
    If you want to remove the BIOS logo:

asus-a7n8x-e-deluxe.png

...or exchange it with your own firm logo / own photo then just let me know.

3.)
    If you would like to have a BIOS Setup Menu with all activated features/menus, then following menus can be unhide:

Main
    + Legacy Diskette B [Enabled, Disabled]
    + Video [EGA/VGA, CGA 40, CGA 80, MONO]

Advanced BIOS Features
    + Boot Virus Detection
    + MPS Version Control For OS
    + Small Logo(EPA) Show

Advanced Chipset Features
    + CHIP Voltage Control

Integrated Peripherals
    + OnChip IDE Channel0
    + Primary Master PIO
    + Primary Slave PIO
    + Primary Master UDMA
    + Primary Slave UDMA
    + OnChip IDE Channel1
    + Secondary Master PIO
    + Secondary Slave PIO
    + Secondary Master UDMA
    + Secondary Slave UDMA
    + IDE Prefetch Mode
    + Onboard AC97 Modem Controller
    + Machine MAC(NV) Address
    + MAC(NV) Address Input
    + IDE HDD Block Mode
    + Power On By Button:
    + KB Power ON Password:
    + Hot Key Power ON :
    + UR2 Duplex Mode:

Power Management Setup
    + ACPI function
    + Power Management
    + HDD Power Down

PnP/PCI Configurations
    + Reset Configuration Data

Updated ASUS A7N8XE-DELUXE BIOS with latest SIL SATA 3112 BIOS (Ver. 4.2.7.6)
  • edited April 2006
    Thank you ,i give it a try.What is onchip?So far mine original bios dont have such string....I am shure asus user would be happy.As i did very big search on inet andf asus and sil 3112 is big problem to many ppl.I somehow messed up mine glan mac btw,it doesnt work anymore...windows dont see it,and bios flashtools says when flashing something about glan mac also.
  • edited April 2006
    mbauglir wrote:
    Thank you ,i give it a try.What is onchip?So far mine original bios dont have such string....I am shure asus user would be happy.As i did very big search on inet andf asus and sil 3112 is big problem to many ppl.I somehow messed up mine glan mac btw,it doesnt work anymore...windows dont see it,and bios flashtools says when flashing something about glan mac also.

OnChip = OnBoard.

The currently hidden IDE related settings allows to user to have all controlls about the IDE/ATA chip (hard disk controller).
  • edited April 2006
    Ahh thy.I see you are asus user. I read from net...mine glan adapter mac address is probably wrong in bios after several bios flashes.It should be doable reversed,but i need to study the topic.Yes i liked those additional bios features enabled.if possible.
  • edited April 2006
    Hi mbauglir,

referring to your probably wrong GLAN Adapter MAC address:

The (currently) hidden MAC adress related settings in the BIOS setup menu
    + are just for the OnBoard LAN adapters.
    + cannot change the MAC address from other LAN adapters.
    (--> But this is also possible through modfying the LAN adaptor's EEPROM data.)

Well, does the already published modified ASUS A7N8XE-DELUXE BIOS with latest SIL SATA 3112 BIOS (Ver. 4.2.7.6) work for you?
    Could you already test it?

If it works then I will prepare/upload the next modified BIOS with all available settings.
  • edited April 2006
    Hmm i tryed to flash with it...it says to me next:NVMAC:LAN=0000000EA69DC47D and NVGUID:1394=00E01800006B353C,then it asks if to save old,i say no,then it asks press y/n,i press y...and nothing happens at all anymore....after rebooting by pressing powerbutton mine system warns with beep and bios is resetted to safe mode.What is wrong?btw i assume these 2 are 1394 and glan mac addresses
  • edited April 2006
    Hi.

If the BIOS flash was not executed, then the flash utility just reset your CMOS data (BIOS settings, date/time).

So, check your BIOS Setup Menu and:
    + disable "flash / BIOS protection"
    or
    + activate "enable BIOS update"

After this, there should be no problem to update your BIOS.
  • edited April 2006
    i checked it,this version of phoenix bios of mine doesnt have any options for bios writeprotection.
  • edited April 2006
    Hi mbauglir,

Referring to the A7N8X-E Deluxe manual:
    http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/e1876_a7n8x-e_deluxe.pdf
    ...you can also use either AsusUpdate or "Alt+F2" while P.O.S.T. to flash your BIOS.
  • edited April 2006
    asus update refuses to do it because of date of bios-later .Alt+f2 i tried...same..no flash with modded one,flash with original success.
  • edited April 2006
    Hi.

Normally, BIOS updates with the same/prior date will not be used automatically for a flash update.

In AsusUpdate options you can set/allow that BIOS updates with the same date (referring to the currently used BIOS update version inside the BIOS chip) can also be used for a BIOS update process.
  • edited April 2006
    Now i finally updated it with latest asus update tool version 7.Version 6 dont have options btw.Works well,but i still need fix mine glan mac.And pls no add graphic displays more....very annoying.i dont mind if you need to put your text aka modded by you or something,but those 2 displays required keystrokes to put away.concidering logo...it can be disabled from bios anyway.
  • edited April 2006
    Hi mbauglir,

all previously hidden options and menus were reactivated.
    Now, you should have a more user-friendly BIOS Setup Menu and you should be able to setup the MAC address:

biosview-20100-06-04-02-asus-a7n8x-e-deluxe--mac-address.png

Use the modified BIOS file at your own risk.
  • edited May 2006
    I will be most thankfull,flashing it right now.
  • edited May 2006
    Yeah the bios is working....now,howe do i knew what glan mac address is correct or working to input?Is there any tool to check it?
  • edited May 2006
    Anyone who cares mixing tapian D27 bios with latest sata drivers for NF7-S v2.0?
  • edited May 2006
    Hi oldhouse.

Where to get mor information about a "taipan D27"? (google does not bring many results)
    Where to get the "taipan D27 BIOS"?
    What do you want to mix?
    ...etc.

Please, describe your situation/problem/whish/request more detailed.

Well, this thread is about helping other users who
    + do not get (onBoard SATA/IDE controller-)BIOS related support from mainboard firms anymore
    + would like to have/use latest SILICON IMAGE BIOS in their mainboard BIOS
    oldhouse wrote:
    Anyone who cares mixing tapian D27 bios with latest sata drivers for NF7-S v2.0?
  • edited May 2006
    I posted on page 2 of this thread 2 versions of taipan d27 bios, which is the latest modified bios for abit nf7-s v2.0. And I would like to have it combined with latest silicon bios if it is possible.
  • edited May 2006
    Hi oldhouse,

In the attachment there are the new BIOS files with updated SiI3112 BIOS ver. v4276.

Use the modified BIOS files at your own risk.
  • edited May 2006
    Thx very much man!! I hope to be able to test them soon.
  • edited May 2006
    Bios working fine. But do I have to press button to skip booting logo every time?
  • edited May 2006
    Hello spinner ;]

Can You prepare bios for my motherboard [ga-7n400 rev 2]? Please ... ^-^
  • edited May 2006
    Hi abel,

You wrote: "GA-7N400 rev 2".

Did you mean "GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.x)" ?
    http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7N400%20Pro2%20(Rev%202.x).htm

If yes, which BIOS version are you currently using?

...or do you have the "GA-7N400" ?
    http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7N400.htm
    abel wrote:
    Can You prepare bios for my motherboard [ga-7n400 rev 2]? Please ... ^-^
  • edited May 2006
    I have GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.x). I'm using bios from Spinner [ v 4x47 ].
    Thank You for your answer.
    Hi abel,

You wrote: "GA-7N400 rev 2".

Did you mean "GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.x)" ?
    http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7N400%20Pro2%20(Rev%202.x).htm

If yes, which BIOS version are you currently using?

...or do you have the "GA-7N400" ?
    http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7N400.htm
  • edited May 2006
    Hi abel,

In the attachment there is the new GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.x) BIOS file with updated SiI33512 BIOS ver. v4376.

Use the modified BIOS file at your own risk.
  • edited June 2006
    Hello to everyone,I'm new to this forum.
    My sata controler is at on my motherboard asus a7nx8 deluxe so its impossible to flash through the flash which is provided with SATA drivers.

I want to update my sata bios because my plextor DVD-rw px-712sa cannot read dvd but only cd.
    The new Bios for motherboard 1008d does not fix this problem...
    SATA bios version 4.2.50
    SATA drivers version 1.0.0.53
    SATA model sil 3112a
    Thanks a lot.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi illusion.

Which mainboard revision and which BIOS version do you currently have/use?

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=A7N8X%20Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us
  • edited June 2006
    Mainboard revison 2.0 and bios version 1.008d from the official asus site.
  • edited June 2006
    illusion wrote:
    Mainboard revison 2.0 and bios version 1.008d from the official asus site.

Well, did you alrady update your DVD-RW drive?
    http://www.plextor.be/technicalservices/downloads/firmw_712A.asp?choice=DVD-Recorders
  • edited June 2006
    Yes I'm using the latest firmware 1.09 from official plextor site again.
    As i see none has this problem,maybe because none is trying a SATA optical drive at mainboard controler.