Need one of you to write a small app for me

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Science & Tech
OK, I play SWG and to fire yo have to hold down the left mouse button. it used to be like other MMORPGs, you pick your target, pick attack, and then your toon attacks. now in swg they force you to keep your mouse over the target you want to attack and you have to hold down the left mouse button. this is fine in FPSs since one two or three shots and your target is dead, but in an MMO it can take like 20 minutes to kill elite bosses and your index finger starts to cramp. my question is how hard would it be to write an app that you can toggle on and off and that acts like the left mouse button is being pressed down?

thanks.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    There are programs that do that already, look for "macro" programs (you know a macro being a key that can be assigned a command that could, for instance, represent the LMB being held down).
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    i looked around, couldn't find anything. do you know of any? basically what i want is like, say i would press shift-x and it will act like i'm holding down the left mouse button. when i press shift-x again, it acts like i released the left mouse button.

thanks
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I didn't know they changed that (I played Galaxies shortly after it came out, but only for a couple months). I think that's the kind of thing that would keep me from going back to it. :shakehead