bf2 wont run

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited May 2006 in Gaming
I tried to play bf2 tonight but it wouldnt let me. When I start it up the BF2 screen comes up with a picture on the background, and then the screen goes black like the game is going full screen and to the main menu, but then goes right back to the desktop and nothing happens. I had the latest patch installed so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and updated it with the v1.22 patch which is the latest one, and it still wont run. I have dx9.0c and I ran dxdiag and found no problems. My videocard drivers are the most recent and I cant think of anything else to try other than formatting my hd which i really dont want to do.

any ideas?

specs : amd 64 3200+, 1 gig pc3200, agp ati x800XL, asus k8v se deluxe

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    is your pagefile enabled? Mine wouldn't run without it.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    did you try the re-install?
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited April 2006
    if you go to the forums at www.bf2s.com they have a wide array of posts with bf2 problems, i bet you can find an answer there.

hey when you get that game goin get on xfire, my username is themayorpwns,
    itd be fun to frag ya. i mean...frag with ya.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2006
    shwaip wrote:
    is your pagefile enabled? Mine wouldn't run without it.

how do you enable it?

and yes, I tried to re-install.......twice. The second time I tried it on my other hard drive, and it still doesnt work. im very confused
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    play the game before updating it...
    edited April 2006
    I tried to the second time(play before updating), and it wouldnt work. I cant think of anything else to do, this is really pissing me off
    edited April 2006
    control panel - system - advanced - Performance Settings - Advanced - Virt Memory Change
    edited April 2006
    I am starting to get really really really pissed off at it :mean: . I enabled the pagefile and it still wont run. Just to be sure, I also updated direct x, and reinstalled my videocard drivers. I have no clue what is going on
    edited April 2006
    did you restart after enabling the pagefile?
    edited April 2006
    yea, i also tried it with pagefile disabled and that didnt work either.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I read through your posts... have you tried updating your video drivers?
    edited April 2006
    did you try reinstalling...windows? :)
    edited April 2006
    did you try reinstalling...windows? :)

well if thats the only way i'll be able to play.... :(
    edited April 2006
    Any final advice before I format my hd?
    edited April 2006
    memtest
    edited April 2006
    would that really do much? i mean I run all million of my other games fine (cs source, cs 1.6, hl2, UT 2004, farcry, doom 3, cod2, need for speed most wanted, gta 3, halo and many others)
    edited April 2006
    bf2 eats ram like pez. Perhaps it uses enough that you'll see problems that you wouldn't elsewhere.

you could also try defragging.
    edited April 2006
    im gonna defrag tonight, and then reinstall in the morning. If that doesnt work im gonna format my hd
    edited April 2006
    Alright I formatted and got it running, but now I have a wierd problem. Well actually this has happened to me alot of times but when I'm signing into the account server it takes forever, and then instead of going to the menu it loads me straight into a game. I have a cable connection so its not like im running a phoneline or anything. I just dont know why it takes me straight into a game, and its really annoying because it takes like 3-5mins just to sign in.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    what icon are you using to get in the game? sounds like the "play online now" icon, which will put you right in the game. try the other icon to start bf2.
    edited May 2006
    did you every get the game running?
    edited May 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    Alright I formatted and got it running, but now I have a wierd problem. Well actually this has happened to me alot of times but when I'm signing into the account server it takes forever, and then instead of going to the menu it loads me straight into a game. I have a cable connection so its not like im running a phoneline or anything. I just dont know why it takes me straight into a game, and its really annoying because it takes like 3-5mins just to sign in.

i was click on on that play online now icon. the other one works fine.