Which RTS will most people be playing?

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Community
Okay, we have Battlefield 2 going, we have the old standby Unreal Tournament 2004 going, but for RTS games, what will YOU be bringing? What do you own?

This is intended to help make a purchase decision for me (and maybe others who don't own any of these games).

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    STARCRAFT. woo.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    world ..of warcr..aft?

Im taking advantage of sledges BFME offer so ill be playing that.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    STARCRAFT. woo.
    I'd go along with that, though I'd have an awful lot of brushing up to do. (Only to get clobbered anyway, I suspect... :bawling: )

My vote was for AOEIII, but if not enough people have it or want to buy it I would jump on AOEII in a heartbeat.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    If players need BFME2 I can ralley the game for you for $15.00 I know you can find AOE3 for around 25's, 30's let me know I can have a box with everyones games sent on over...

I have both BFME, BFME2 and AOE3 along with many other RTS games, hopefully we will find one to play :)

I also wanted to note the version I can get for $15 is BFME2 which you can get the demo for online to check out.

http://www.ea.com/official/lordoftherings/bfme2/us/demodownload.jsp

Along with that the older version BFME1 might show up in small quanities for gamers who might want to try the older BFME...
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    So far... I like BFME2... Not bad. If there are enough I will ask Sledge to grab me one. If not... AOE3, which I played the demo and it was OK...
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    AoE III for me... Oh and Civ IV isn't an RTS...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    A single game of Civ IV will likely take the entire weekend.

I'll be playing AOE3 for my strategy. Outside of LAN parties lately, it's the only game I've been playing at all besides Oblivion.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Looks like the majority likes Age of Empires 3.... I'll down load the demo again and give another try...
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'll have to do the same. This LAN is getting expensive for me. :p
    edited May 2006
    The one thing that bugs me on AOE3 is once you get a Level 53 deck you can basically set your cards up for an instant win. And also once cannons are out it seems to always be a gg... But graphically the game looks awesome.

I think BFME2 has much more graphical elements to it over AOE3, but the main reason I love BFME2 is because the storyline. Being able to run Gandalf around and just pawn on people is so much fun. Also with the Create-A-Hero feature I can think of some fun tournaments :) and even War of The Ring "which is like Risk" is even fun. if you like RTW you will love WAR of The Ring... "Which is not in the demo...."
    edited May 2006
    The one thing that bugs me on AOE3 is once you get a Level 53 deck you can basically set your cards up for an instant win. And also once cannons are out it seems to always be a gg... But graphically the game looks awesome.

Good point about the leveling - and about the cannons.

Every time we play, if people don't have similar level cities, we'll usually start back with level 1 or level 4 cities or something along those lines. Joe showed us how to cheat the files to make an even playing field for everyone's home city level - and then it's all a test of skill :D
    edited May 2006
    5 to 3....??? out of all the people going to tha lan we have 9 votes? lets see all hands... I know there is 7 guys that just bought BFME2! I should see atleast 7 BFME2 votes :)
  • SewerTrooprSewerTroopr Ann Arbor, Michigan
    edited May 2006
    I haven't played any of the choices but I went ahead and voted for BFME2 (since Sledge is basically making sure that everyone has a copy).
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    My bad. I forgot about this poll.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I just went out and bought AoE 3, so I'll have both.

:grumble:
    edited May 2006
    How much did you pay for AOEIII, primesie?

Knowing how much you love RTS games, should you decide that you don't want to keep it once the LAN is over I might take it off your hands. I'll have my own copy at the LAN, but a spare would be nice for when I can talk someone into playing against me after that. :)
    edited May 2006
    A hot $49.99 :mad:

I'm gonna try to LEARN to like it, for this price.

I wouldn't have bought both, except for the great price I got on BFME2...
    edited May 2006
    wow. I heard they were going for $19.99 at Best Buy!
    edited May 2006
    wow. I heard they were going for $19.99 at Best Buy!
    They had a deal with an in-store coupon a few weeks ago. (Which I fooled around and missed out on...)

If it's going for that price right now, I'll head up there and get it as soon as I get my car back from the shop. :clap:
    edited May 2006
    If you buy a New AMD X2 CPU you can pickup a free copy :) I saw that promotion over the last few days.. if it is still going :)
    edited May 2006
    If I could afford a "New AMD X2 CPU" I wouldn't need a free copy. :vimp:
    edited May 2006
    Yeah you would... Prof you need it like you need a new... I'll stop there.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'm apparently the last player of Total Annihilation. There's a freeware clone available now that's pretty good called TA Spring. If y'all get bored we can play a few games.

-drasnor :fold:
    edited May 2006
    to bad SupCommander is going to suck!
    edited May 2006
    Well I've been playing it for a week now

AND I LIKE IT

:eek2:

I never thought I'd like an RTS game. I'm having a blast! I actually play this instead of Oblivion in the evenings now!

Although I am having trouble with that damned Fountain of Youth :shakehead
    edited May 2006

AND I LIKE IT

I never thought I'd like an RTS game. I'm having a blast! I actually play this instead of Oblivion in the evenings now!

That Fountain of Youth mission was one of my favorites. I loved the storyline in AOE3. :rockon:
    edited May 2006

AND I LIKE IT

Just wait until my Russian Hordes pwn you good... Get ready for rape and pillage...
    edited May 2006
    wait until my orcs kick your AOE 3's butt :)
    edited May 2006
    Um... I think that's a different game dude... LOL
    edited May 2006
    that was the point!