Tastes of Detroit Food Tour

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'm sure that we can find seperate rides to the restaurants, if you and I don't want to go to the same ones :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    ...you may feel like a bum if you show up in shorts, sandals, and t-shirt...
    I feel like a bum when I do that at home. :range:

Not that I let it bother me... ;D
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Since college is a time of experimentation and willingness to try new things, I shall take the full restraunt safari ;D.

-drasnor :fold:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    CBDroege wrote:
    I'm sure that we can find seperate rides to the restaurants, if you and I don't want to go to the same ones :)

I was referring to the timing of the Mystery restaraunt thing more than anything else. It's after the official close of the LAN event, so I didn't want to delay you from getting home to your woman if you didn't want to lunch there, but since you said you wanted to go, I have no problem staying extra time to go to lunch - Crystal will be in Wyoming, so the only thing I have to go home to is chips and salsa for dinner with my dog. ;)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Who is in for Chinese?
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Wait, I can only make things that are before my flight leaves the morning after the LAN.

-drasnor :fold:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I have no idea why it is a mystery restaurant :eek3:

Josephine's is the name of the place. :)
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited May 2006
    I'm willing to give the vietnamese place a try but will be making other plans for the other nights. My palate leans more towards european fare with some very conservative asian (chinese/japanese) thrown in.

I haven't been successful ordering/eating at any Indian/Thai place.

Also by chance will you be making your grill available to us?
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'm in for the whole tour... Especially if there are White Castles involved... Mmmmmm...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    So, you couldn't remember the name of the place when you first posted, huh?

I didn't realize that the LAN was not going until Sunday Afternoon, but I'm still okay with going to Josephine's as long as Sharky is (unless Zanthian comes and Sharky rides with him instead. Then, it doesn't matter)
    edited May 2006
    The grill is available.

I challenge you, Mike... Let me order for you at the Indian restaurant and I bet I can make a convert out of you, or at least lessen your aversion to it :)
    edited May 2006
    The grill is available.

I challenge you, Mike... Let me order for you at the Indian restaurant and I bet I can make a convert out of you, or at least lessen your aversion to it :)

OK... Here you go.

Although, I don't probably look like it much anymore I'm a meat/starch kind of guy - very few vegetables cross my palate, mostly corn, green beans, and various lettuces. I like spicey (hot is OK) food and *HATE* eggs, cabbage, celery, tomatoes BUT I love tomato byproducts - mostly sauces.

I've tried curry twice and never fancied it. I always been labeled by my family as *picky* eater.

If you think you can work with what I've listed above, I'm happy to give it another go.
    edited May 2006
    Tandoori Chicken might be an option. If you don't like it I can promise that it won't be wasted. :D
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Tandoori Chicken might be an option. If you don't like it I can promise that it won't be wasted. :D

update: Just checked it out and it's definately in my wheelhouse. thx

And you even provided a link... Thanks... Gotta love that Internet.

Al Gore is GOD
    edited May 2006
    You sound exactly like my friend Jeff - green is a bad color.

I think I can work with you. Try me.
    edited May 2006
    Let's light this candle... See you in New Delhi!
  • edited May 2006
    Sledge, my sister works at an upscale Chinese resturant and could get us a discount there. It's in Farmington Hills (about 15-20 minutes from Brian's place) but the food is considered to be very, very good.
    edited May 2006
    More like 30 minutes away, but yeah :)
  • edited May 2006
    I stick by 20 as long as traffic isn't totally ****ed.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I am all over Josephine's crepes... ;)
    I lived in France at one time and I love crepes.
    Which day is this visit on?
    edited May 2006
    YOU MUST LOOK AT THE CALENDAR, ZANTHIAN.

It's on Sunday at 1:00 PM :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    I stick by 20 as long as traffic isn't totally ****ed.

Count me in, If you want to drive... Chinese is so gooooooddddddd. I feel like I am pregnant and am craving anything Chinese. Whoever drives me will get a free meal :)
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    YOU MUST LOOK AT THE CALENDAR, ZANTHIAN.

It's on Sunday at 1:00 PM :)

Hey look a Google Calendar. I add all of the Calendars to my Google Calendar. Thanks Prime!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    What?! No Wendy's or Popeye's? Pfft! Bunch of pretentious pricks ;D

Last time Prime's choice of cuisine really gave my colon a run for it's money and endangered the nasal cavities of various people, so I'm gonna be a bit cautious and at the same time try to swindle my parents out of some extra cash. :D
    edited May 2006
    Black Hawk wrote:
    ...Prime's choice of cuisine really gave my colon a run for it's money and endangered the nasal cavities of various people...
    Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

The worst part was when he put that gun to your head and made you eat that hot dog with chocolate sauce and ranch dressing. Downright cruel... :bawling:

I'm really glad you're going to make it, Black Hawk! :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Me too! We'll finally have the entire Kwitko and the Body Electrix band back together! REUNION TOUR!
    edited May 2006
    Except for the KWITKO part :eek3:
  • edited May 2006
    Count me in, If you want to drive... Chinese is so gooooooddddddd. I feel like I am pregnant and am craving anything Chinese. Whoever drives me will get a free meal :)

Then it's settled. We're going. :usflag:
    edited May 2006
    Yeah... :bawling:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006

angrycat.jpg

No, dude. We just photoshop him in and tatoo a tear under his eye like in that movie Babyface. It'll be sweet, I promise.