Boardgames at the LAN?

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Community
I'd like to get everyone's reaction to having a boardgames table set up inside Brian's house during the LAN. If there is enough interest it will happen.

I'm expecting that most people will not be that interested, since it is a LAN party, not a boardgames party, but many of us are versatile gamers, and this may be a welcome break from being pwned on their PC. It's also a nice way to play some games that are truely 'face-to-face' and really let you get to know your friends, rather than just knowing how good they are at BF2. :)

A return to a classic muli-player technology: dice and pawns.

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I've not played (m)any strategy board games, but it'd definitely be cool to have at the LAN. I'm sure I'd take a stab if someone was willing.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    I voted for the middle choice, but not because I'm wishy-washy about playing board games. Chances are that I'll be running around trying to do everything, meaning that the time I spend on each individual thing will be somewhat limited.

I support the idea very much. :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Sorry, I was the ass who picked the bottom one, I just believe Board Games are not for LAN's.

LAN's = Tons of junk food Computers and friends talking crap, than discussing why they sucked so bad at a game.

Board Games = The reason why I play Computer games and go to LAN's...

You know I think you will like War Of The Ring that is built into BFME2 it is a 100% risk style strat game, but with the option to RTS out the fights..or just auto resolve.

But than again SM LAN isn't your everyday LAN, So I can see how Board Games could fit in :)
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited May 2006
    Sorry, I was the ass who picked the bottom one, I just believe Board Games are not for LAN's.

So you saying whoever chose the last option is an A$$? :eek2: :smiles:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    You'r obviously not into boardgames, Sledge, I believe I get the point. Thank you. You are excused from further discussion on the topic if you wish. :)
    edited May 2006
    oCoMiK wrote:
    So you saying whoever chose the last option is an A$$? :eek2: :smiles:

no just me!
    CBDroege wrote:
    You'r obviously not into boardgames, Sledge, I believe I get the point. Thank you. You are excused from further discussion on the topic if you wish. :)

lol you got me all wrong, I love board games... I really do…. but the mini point is I am overly expatiating this topic, as I said, a LAN is a LAN "see definition of LAN above"

lol, okay I am done now.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Calling McFly.. ;D
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Calling McFly.. ;D
    ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sadly I cannot game anymore. Or at least till I get surgery or something dramatic done to my wrists and right hand. So I will try some board action to pass some gas, I mean time.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Looks like there is enough interest, so I'll be setting up the boardgames table.
    edited May 2006
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited May 2006
    CB Droege wrote:
    Looks like there is enough interest, so I'll be setting up the boardgames table.

Is this before or after you get thrown in the pond?