His been dead since 1827.
    Yeah, but it does say that his dad was a hoser... :canflag:

:hiding:
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Yeah, but it does say that his dad was a hoser... :canflag:

I didn't know that you had knowledge of Williams father :respect:

Hoser, you say, ( which kind of these hose description will define Williams father ? )

My greate Norstedts English-Swedish dictonary lexicon did not have this word "hose", in it. :-/
    When out of clues, google will(iam) save me. :sweflag:

Edit,
    Everyday I learn something new, like the day I found SM.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoser
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2006
    So when did this turn into the bitchfest from the interesting fact thread?

sorry ive been gone for a while, been busy with school and work
  • V-PV-P State College, PA
    edited May 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    So when did this turn into the bitchfest.... blah blah blah....sorry blah blah blah, been busy with school and work

What a bitch. So school and work is now more important than me. :rarr:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL
    edited May 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    Men have nipples because at conception all fetuses are by default female, they only obtain their malenss later into pregnancy (We actualy talked about this Bio, and apparantly, theres a guy :range: taught himself to---um, well, make milk. . .

Yep, we all start out as females... Only the truely lucky evolve into males... :clap:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2006
    Yep, we all start out as females... Only the truely lucky evolve into males... :clap:
    So the lucky get to do all the hard dirty jobs and the unlucky get to say "sure you can take a photo of these, that'll be £500 please" or "I think I prefered the other wall paper better". The unlucky ones get to rule the lucky ones? The only function my nipples have is to form the eyes of a rather funny comedy face.
    edited May 2006
    bothered wrote:
    So the lucky get to do all the hard dirty jobs and the unlucky get to say "sure you can take a photo of these, that'll be £500 please" or "I think I prefered the other wall paper better". The unlucky ones get to rule the lucky ones? The only function my nipples have is to form the eyes of a rather funny comedy face.
    ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    bothered wrote:
    ...The only function my nipples have is to form the eyes of a rather funny comedy face.
    You are not alone... :wtf:
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    You are not alone... :wtf:
    hmmm... Me wonders how you fell upon that article..... :wtf:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited May 2006
    dont ask, dont tell. probably best for all of us.
    edited May 2006
    Prof has a, erm, very, erm,,, varied set of interests.
    edited May 2006
    I like to stay abreast of things. :range:
    edited May 2006
    I have 536,870,937,500 nibbles, or .0000000000002220446052988981 yottabytes of space on my HDD. Beat that!
    edited May 2006
    I am 483,643,753 seconds old.
    edited May 2006
    A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously. (who wants to try this one?)

There is an average of 178 sesame seeds on a McDonald's Big Mac bun. ( I volunteer to test this one!)

The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola,
    and Budweiser, in that order. (I don't get what they mean by "valuable")

When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per
    year. (Finally, I've been waiting to find that out all my life. Now I must go kill myself because I have no purpose anymore)

On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year. (No Comment)

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's
    nuclear weapons combined.

Elephants can't jump (Gee, I wonder Why...). Every other mammal can.

According to one study, 24% of lawns have some sort of lawn ornament
    in their yard. (who funds these studies?)

Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired."
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited May 2006
    If a duck quacks in the forest, will anyone hear it?
    Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
    What I want to know is who the idiot was who one day decided to up and inject nutmeg as an experiment.
    and Budweiser, in that order.
    Marlboro, yeah, it's everywhere. Misery loves company, I guess. Budweiser? Well, valuabe in North America. The rest of the world would probably think it's dishwater or funny tasting lemonade.
    When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year.
    Whoa, I don't know about that. Seems like half the time I've made ketchup "leave" the bottle it's been damn near supersonic, ricocheting off the dinner plate and decorating all furniture and walls within 50 feet!
    On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
    It's definitely time for BallPoint Pen Control! "If it saves one life..."
    Elephants can't jump
    Well, at least white elephants can't jump.
    According to one study, 24% of lawns have some sort of lawn ornament
    in their yard. (who funds these studies?)
    University of Arkansas.
    Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired."
    Oh my! Now that's what I call community spirit. :-/
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan
    edited May 2006
    Thats great Leo.
    edited May 2006
    Oh yes it does. The moment it leaves the Ducks bill it ceases to be a quack and just becomes another set of pressure waves that behave like all the other sets of pressure waves trying to get your attention.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited May 2006
    SCAR wrote:

Yes it does. The only SHRED of information that even remotely supports this is the fact that a duck's quack has a similar frequency profile to an echo. A duck, however, echoes just fine.
    and Budweiser, in that order. (I don't get what they mean by "valuable")

The brand is as valuable as the product. It's the image the product represents.. The popularity it is thought to generate. For example, Coca-Cola in Japan is synonymous with a gregarious, out-going, refined taste. Despite the "Gaijin" mentality of Japan, it is popular and even trendy to emulate superficial elements of the United States. Coca-Cola is a huge name, and it doesn't matter what the name gets stuck on.
    On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year. (No Comment)

Good. Hopefully my clamorings for people to choke on their pen and die will go heeded. :grr:

As for the whole nutmeg thing... Nutmeg in mild amounts is great-tasting, and is used in a variety of recipes including the known elements of the fabled Coca-Cola syrup. However, when ingested in large doeses (1 or more grams), it has similar effects to large doses of marijuana (Lethargy, mental disconnection/sluggishness, a mellow feeling) or (In some cases) a similar effect to ecstasy. The "Unfortunate" thing about Nutmeg is that the high doesn't start for six hours, and doesn't stop for three days. I'm sure some cracked-out drug-fiend popped a few grams of nutmeg, loved the high, and thought he could get a better one by injecting it.

God bless the 70s.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited June 2006
    nice job crapping on scars thread guys... sheesh... You bunch'a dorks! ;)

In Redondo Beach, Calif., a police officer arrested a driver after a short chase and charged him with drunk driving. Officer Joseph Fonteno's suspicions were aroused when he saw the white Mazda MX-7 rolling down Pacific Coast Highway with half of a traffic-light pole, including the lights, lying across its hood. The driver had hit the pole on a median strip and simply kept driving. According to Fonteno, when the driver was asked about the pole, he said, "It came with the car when I bought it."

Lawsuits filed by California inmates cost the taxpayers more than $25 million in 1994.

A reward of $1,000 was offered for information leading to the capture and conviction of a man robbing taxi drivers. The man turned himself in and demanded the reward as a result. He received a 20 year sentence for aggravated robbery instead.

A judge in Louisville decided a jury went "a little bit too far" in recommending a sentence of 5,005 years for a man who was convicted of five robberies and a kidnapping. The judge reduced the sentence to 1,001 years.

In South Africa, termites are often roasted and eaten by the handful, like pretzels or popcorn.

The short-term memory capacity for most people is between five and nine items or digits. This is one reason that phone numbers were kept to seven digits for so long.
    edited June 2006
    Jengo wrote:
    nice job crapping on scars thread guys... sheesh... You bunch'a dorks! ;) ...
    We are NOT dorks. :mad:

We are "dumb ass jerks". ;D

Prof's Interesting, Weird, and Useless fact for the day. :mullet:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California
    edited June 2006
    Moo!
    edited June 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    We are NOT dorks. :mad:

We are "dumb ass jerks". ;D

Prof's Interesting, Weird, and Useless fact for the day. :mullet:
    Okay Prof why don't you just put the link in your sig if you're going to put it in every post! :bigggrin:
    edited June 2006
    Jengo wrote:
    Beach, Calif., a police officer arrested a driver after a short chase and charged him with drunk driving. Officer Joseph Fonteno's suspicions were aroused when he saw the white Mazda MX-7 rolling down Pacific Coast Highway with half of a traffic-light pole, including the lights, lying across its hood. The driver had hit the pole on a median strip and simply kept driving. According to Fonteno, when the driver was asked about the pole, he said, "It came with the car when I bought it."[/I]
    Suspicions were aroused? What the hell kind of cop is that?

Cop 1: Hey, Bill check that guy out. He's got a traffic pole on his car!
    Cop 2: Relax Joe, That's the new 2006 Acura. You never need to stop at a traffic light again!
    Cop 1: Oh well then, that's okay. I just thought for a second that he was a bad driver or something.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited June 2006
    In the unitary constitutional monarchy of Japan, lights stop for you!
    edited June 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    Okay Prof why don't you just put the link in your sig if you're going to put it in every post! :bigggrin:
    I may have to, unless I get a few more votes. :shakehead
    edited June 2006
    You can't sneeze in your sleep. (How do they know?)

Native Americans all have type O blood. (100% Native Americans)

There is a city called Rome on every continent.

"Spheno Palatine Gangleoneuralgia" is the technical term for an ice cream headache. (Imagine yourself as a kid saying that to your parents)

Bottled water costs about 1,000 times more than tap water. (lol...)

You cannot lose a contact lens in the back of your head. (Well that's a little comforting)

The average speed of a man's orgasm is 28 MPH. (This is even worse then the ketchup bottle one. HAHAHAHAHA)

There are no fish living in the Dead Sea. (Ya think?)

The largest kidney stone weighed 14 pounds. (How much did the kidney way?)

It is illegal to lick toads in Arizona. (Which idiot actually sits down to find these laws. And the idiot writing the laws is even more of a "dumb ass")

An average ball point pen can write a line 2 miles (3.2 km) long. (1.9 FYI)

It is not possible to fold a piece of paper in half more than seven times. (I've tried, and it's not possible for me, but couldn't they like build a super strong machine that could probably do it?)

The Empire State Building bas 6,400 windows. (That's why theres so much traffic. Those idiots are stopping to count the windows...)

That's all folks!
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited June 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    It is not possible to fold a piece of paper in half more than seven times. (I've tried, and it's not possible for me, but couldn't they like build a super strong machine that could probably do it?)

this girl got 12 folds. as for the machine, i think its more the strength of the paper than the strength of the folder.