Mobile devices and Remote desktop

TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Hardware
I'm interested in a mobile unit but it needs to be built on a Operating system that can be used for Remote Desktop. Windows Mobile 5 seems to be popular but i'm not sure if it can handle that (providing the hardware unit have wifi, Edge and GPRS off course). Anyone have any hands-on on units that you can recommend? Dell X51V seems cool with WIndows Mobile 5, but the question is, Remote Desktop?

Comments

• deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited June 2006
    Yes, windows mobile 5 has terminal services client (remote desktop) built in. In fact I think every version of windows mobile back to the windows CE days has terminal services client. I have one of these and the terminal services client is pretty much what you'd expect. Works flawlessley, does everything the XP version of the client does and the only limit is the small screen really. It has 'jump to corner' buttons so you don't have to scroll across the whole screen and once you get used to it it becomes quite intuitive.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I've checked out the Dell series before - they seem quite nice.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I have been eying out those as well but they are under another brand here. Those have GSM phones built in as well which would come in handy. Do you have any prices for those in the states? I would like the faster one with 3G and the better cpu.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    edited June 2006
    I won a X51V 624mhz auction yesterday from a seller that looked a bit shady. Hopefully, it wasn't a scam.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited June 2006
    Any update on this? Did you get your PDA? How is it for RDP?
    edited June 2006
    I got it but the unit was DOA so i have to wait a bit for a new.