AMD 4x4 and Nividia SLI or ATI Crossfire

2»

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    It will be using the AM2 chip and will be using the Athlon line FX & X2 in all, as to where I know this must remain untold....
  • edited June 2006
    Funny, that's what I've been saying yet you keep talking about using AM2 X2 3800+'s in it which obviously will not work...
    edited June 2006
    The X2 line will work in 4x4
  • edited June 2006
    I'll give Damon Muzny a call and find out for sure...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    AMD is going to have a tough time against Conroe. Even AMD hard-liners like me are starting to see blue, and that's something of a big deal. It does not make any logical business sense to debut the 4x4 on the FX line only, as that castrates the bulk of your potential buyers. While AMD has not announced X2 support for 4x4, it is a reasonable and logical conclusion to draw.

Stop being a black cloud.
    edited June 2006
    LOL, AMD said 4x4 would supports AMD's dual core and Quad cores, Now call me slow but X2 is Dual core, from a few birds I know they said 4x4 will support todays X2 and FX line.
  • edited June 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    AMD is going to have a tough time against Conroe. Even AMD hard-liners like me are starting to see blue, and that's something of a big deal. It does not make any logical business sense to debut the 4x4 on the FX line only, as that castrates the bulk of your potential buyers. While AMD has not announced X2 support for 4x4, it is a reasonable and logical conclusion to draw.

Stop being a black cloud.

All I said was I'll find out for sure. After reading just about every bit of relevent info on the 4X4 setup from the ones that were at the AMD event where it was announced all the buzz is that it supports the socket AM2 FX line and up. If that's the case it's crazy and I hope AMD would make the AM2 dualcores work with it and not just the uber end FX line.

Now, if you'll remember back about a year and a half I also predicted that AMD would not release DDR2 on the current socket and would instead release a new socket, well...I was correct there. As to being a black cloud all I can say is bite me crumpet boy ;)
    edited June 2006
    Hey kids lets tone it down. the AMD tech looks good lets just hope it all works out...
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    u know what would be awesome? If you could use old cpu's like a p4 or something and put it on a graphics card to do the physics or something...or maybe some type of dual backwards compatibility.. i mean most of the people building their own comp now a days have had experience with building comps before or have pre built comps which are old and can scalp for spare parts...just seems a bit strange why we couldnt use that for a physics engine instead of having to buy something new