Facilities / LAN 06 stomping grounds

2»

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    That’s it kids... Be clean and don't spill... we are all adults here! Ants are the Devil!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    The ants were only an issue because of the huge quantities of chip crumbs, sticky mountain dew spills, etc.
    Maybe for others, but my PC was ON an ant hill. I had several hundred ants from before we started... This time, I'm moving away from that spot.... :p
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Maybe for others, but my PC was ON an ant hill. I had several hundred ants from before we started... This time, I'm moving away from that spot.... :p
    And the radiation from your rig didn't kill them? :rolleyes2

Ahhh, I see!
    The radiation mutated them into chip and pop fiends. :cool2:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    dibs on a tent area.

I may be able to bring another. we shall see.
  • edited May 2006
    Screw RAID. I'll see if my grandfather has another pint of asian orange (yes, the asian orange) he can part with so we can turn Brian's yard into a post war wilting Vietnam jungle- only without the landmines and mass graves.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    ...without the landmines and mass graves.
    Awwww...

That takes all the fun out of it... :(
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I think it's Agent Orange and if memory serves it's also an herbicide. Now, if you want a serious pesticide look no further than DDT. My father had prolonged exposure to DDT when he was younger and now mosquitos won't go near him. Of course, DDT is also illegal in all 50 states for poisoning the local wildlife (read: endangered species).

At any rate, tell me about the "huge wildlands". Is it like brush or just tall grass? If it's just tall grass I say leave it because that's just extra padding. I'm going to bring my two-man half dome.

-drasnor :fold:
  • edited May 2006
    Asian/agent (I've seen it both ways) orange is supposed to be an herbicide, and a very powerfull one at that. Powerfull enough to wipe out just about any living thing given direct application over the course of a few hours, or at the very least a nasty slew of skin disorders lasting the remainder of your life.

The "huge wildlands" isn't THAT huge (it's only about 8'x50' last I looked), and was an old staging area used by the previous owner of the house, so it's full of untrimmed bushes which were never replanted in time, thistles, really fat ugly crickets and (you guessed it!) tall grass. It's also really ungraded with big mounds of dirt everywhere so you won't want to put any tent back there.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    And by big mounds of dirt he means one small hill.. :rolleyes:

It's been mowed and maintained since i made that. It's fine for tents :)
    edited May 2006
    And by big mounds of dirt he means one small hill...
    Well, coming from a guy who thinks this <
    > is nine inches... ;D

Just a-kiddin' you, Dave. :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    no more monstor QCH :( that was his wetlands.... his home... pshh.. oh well.
    edited May 2006
    no more monstor QCH :( that was his wetlands.... his home... pshh.. oh well.
    He still has his underground cave. :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    grrr..... me dungeon!!!
  • kittiekittie michigan Member
    edited June 2006
    Tony and I are bringing a tent like last year
  • mwtmwt Detroit Area
    edited June 2006
    Brian,
    Will it be OK if I run a rope from your house to mine... just in case I drink too much?!?!?!?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Just make a trail of breadcrumbs ;D
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited June 2006
    so how many are in Q's dungeon, if its not packed id like to reserve a spot.

sleeping in a car is just more than i can handle