Eight Below

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
edited June 2006 in The Pub
Well, I watched this movie tonight title eight below, it is a disney movie, but pretty good, although, I found myself wanting a disney ending for once.

These guys are in antarctica, but they had to leave, and they were gonna come back for the dogs the next day, but they didnt get back for like 155 days, well, all the dogs survived except for 2 out of the 8, and one was injured. To normal people, this would have been a good ending, but I find myself extremely attached to my pets, and watching it actually brought a tear to my eyes:bawling:.

I find myself extremely attached to my pets, not animals in general, I dont find myself worrying about the animals in the rainforest, but my german shepherd for instance, I'm attatched to him, and I was attatched to my cat that I'd had for 5+ years, until my bastard neighbor ran her over some morning. (he did it on purpose) I was bawling like a little girl when she died.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else gets that attached to their pets. I know I am, hell, I was tearing up over some dogs in a movie that didnt really die.:sad2:

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited June 2006
    I cry like a pussy when my pets die. Proud of it, too.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego
    edited June 2006
    I do, very much so. The only time I've ever seen my dad cry was at the end of "My Dog Skip."
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2006
    Yeah. I bawled my eyes out when my dog Gallagher got ran over (by my own grandpa, no less!).

Haven't lost a pet since then (10+ years), but my other dog's hips are failing... we may have to put her down at some point. I'm gonna cry so hard.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower
    edited June 2006
    i always get upset when animals die...im totally a pet lover..and that movie was based upon a true story..and it doesnt suprise me because of the ways animals are regarded...lots of people think they are mindless and have no feelings...if that is so then how do they call to their name and get scared when they move to a new place...not to mention outdoor cats who have the ability to travel miles away from their house everyday only to return home (my gf has a cat where she llives..and he can leave the house for up to 3 days in a row and still return back) animals are dumb i think not
    on a side note, fur sucks
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited June 2006
    I keep a bet cemetary out in the woods. All of my pets for the last 28 years are there. Even the fish =)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited June 2006
    I haven't lost a pet for about 11 years or so......kinda. I'll explain in a sec, but first my dog Goldie died from liver cancer in 1995 I think. She was a golden retriever and lab mix.

Now the kinda part. One day when we came back from vacation there was a cat hanging around our house with no collar on. Every single day for about a month he would just hang around the outside of our house and stuff. I know we shouldn't have, but we fed him because he looked very very skinny and unhealthy, but after a while he started looking better. We eventually brought him into our house and after 3-4 months of having him we decided to put posters up saying we found a lost cat. About a week later we get a call from some family saying that they lost their cat jacob who fit the discription perfectly. We turned him over and I was really pissed off because he was such a nice cat. A few months later we went to the "pound" and picked up a kitten who we now have and his name is Archie. He is probably the nicest, most playful cat in the world. I'm actually kinda glad those people came to take the other cat because Archie is 10x better than the other one. He acts like a dog and loves to play. Hes almost 4 and getting pretty big.
  • RWBRWB
    edited June 2006
    I am attached to my truck... so hell yeah I am attached to my pets. My cousin I share an apartment with has a pit bull... I love that dog. He is so innocent... nothing like what I expected from a pit bull when I first met him. He ran at me like he was about to attack, scared the bejesus outta me, then started nibbling on my fingers! WTF!!? I thought...

I've had many pets, all of them I liked, and most of them I cried when they died, especially Brandy our Cocker Spaniel(SP?) I still get sad to this day when I think about her. She died when I was 14, I am 23 now. She was almost as old as I was, I barely recall picking her up, I was able to walk, but I couldn't have been older than 3. My first memory :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited June 2006
    All of my pets for the last 28 years are there. Even the fish =)
    Hope there are no cats buried alongside the fish. Food for the afterlife.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    I still get misty eyed whenever I think about any of the pets I have lost, and I think about them a lot.

The two dogs I have right now are my best friends, which in no way disparages any of my other friendships.
  • edited June 2006
    man my first dog was a family member, i was inconsolable when he died. i have a beagle now, and she's *old*. it's gonna suck when she goes.