The "I made it home alive" Thread

CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
edited July 2006 in Community
I thought I'd throw this up so we can just get a post form those who had to drive/fly more than 20 minutes to get home from Prime's place.

I'm home. My flight out of Detroit was an hour late, so when I landed in Nashville, I pretty much stepped off the plane and walked right on to the next one. It was over booked, so they asked for volunteers to stay off that flight and go on one in the morning. I volunteered but was not chosen. Man. Coulda had $200. Haha.

Anyway, I landed in Tampa at about 9:00 pm. I'm home now an unpacking.

I had a casualty at the LAN thought. My 6600GT is fried. Blah. Looks like I may be upgrading my video card sooner than I wanted. Heh.

Let us know when you get home. :)

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    That's nice to hear man... good seeing you at the party!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, definitely. I had a great time. I wish I didn't have to leave so early.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    i made it hope alive! so did septimus since i dropped im off:canflag:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Cousin Rufus and his posse made it home a couple of hours ago.

It was great (re)meeting all of you! :D
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited June 2006
    me and magic are back in GR, where the heck did the weekend go?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Made it back home safely, which is a feat considering how little sleep I had gotten. I barely had enough energy to carry my Triniton monitor back upstairs.

Good ****ing game, guys. Best LAN yet!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    omfg 6:45am is early.. i'm driving dras and mtgoat back to the airport in a few minutes. shorty woke up too, like a trooper, and made tea. i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired right now.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Well, Sharkydart and I made it back safe...
    Made it back to Cincinnati in 3hrs and 45 minutes.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I made it back safely - and dropped CB off in the process. Zanthian and sharky got lost on the way from Josephine's to the highway, so we actually got home earlier even though we left a few minutes later. It did seem like a fast trip compared to the drive up there.

It was really great seeing everyone. This was the best "LAN" ever. I can't wait until next year!
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    yes i have to agree this was the best one ever. Its funny how you can get so many people who dont see each other everyday, from different locations and backgrounds and yet treat each other like family. This LAN party was something i will never forget.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I leave tonight :honoes:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I made it back home by 7:00 PM Central time... This was the best party ever, the best LAN, no... Not by far. But it was a GREAT to meet Dan, MACKANZ, Larry (Goat), and all the others that I hadn't met before. Great food too!!!

Larry, Thanks for cooking those steaks!!!!!!!! YUM!!!!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Ball is in your court KwitCo.....1:57 min from the airport to my door with 1 pit stop.

Let's see....I will give you 15 min in case the plane was late.....so you have to be reading this at 3:56pm Eastern time to win :D:tongue:

EDIT: Mack and CrazyJoe were also safely delivered to the airport.....Joe should pipe in here this evening.....Mack....probably sometime Tuesday...I think his travels are going to cross the space-time continuum.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Drasnor and I made it to Austin OK. But I didn't look back once off the plane since Mrs-Goat was waiting so I cna't say if dras made it home from the airport.

On check-in at DTW I had a slight problem . The board I took for the raffle drew suspicions from the screeners. They asked me to step aside and needed to check my bag after asking if it was a laptop or something else. The friggn numskull was brutally handleing the mobo box and I asked him to takeit easy as it wasn't cheap. So when he femoved the board from the boax and was being a real friggn clutz I said
    "Hey Squiggy, I asked you to take it easy with that expenxive piece of equipment!"
    No freakin lie, he looked like the Squiggy charachter from Laverne and Shirley. At that point I realized I could have been carted off for a cavity search. One co-worker was very amused by my coment though.
    edited June 2006
    :honoes: !!!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Yeah. They had to remove my pc from the box and wipe it down for what I assume was a device that scanned for explosive materials. The poor lady was having difficulty with it, but she was careful and very nice. I helped her out, as I expected they'd check it.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Ryder OCZ took me, CrazyJoe, and Mackanz to the airport. Eric ended up going the wrong way on 694 so we got there a little late. As we're driving up the ramp to the Northwest Airlines departure area, he claims to have been looking for my terminal. I said, "Uh, Eric... Turn." All of a sudden CrazyJoe and Mack start screaming "TURN!!!!" Eric goes "OH ****!" as we nearly plow into the concrete wall.

I got stopped at airport security and had to be searched with the wand. Flight was delayed 2 hours because of weather problems in New York, but of course we didn't find that out until we were on the plane. So we waited 2 hours on the tarmac. I did end up sitting next to a righteous hottie who kept falling asleep on me, so it wasn't all bad. We're getting married next month in Vegas. You're all invited to the wedding.
    edited June 2006
    Marc? Who the heck is Marc?...Its Eric, Seth :D

We didn't even come close to that wall.....and I wasn't "looking at the pretty planes"....It was your gate that I was looking at :p Trying to help you out man :D

Glad your home safe....sucks about the freakin delay though.

EDIT: Cool about the hottie :) Congrats...hehehehehe
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    KwitCo™ wrote:
    ...I did end up sitting next to a righteous hottie who kept falling asleep on me, so it wasn't all bad. We're getting married next month in Vegas. You're all invited to the wedding.

You rogue. :wink:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Marc? Who the heck is Marc?...Its Eric, Seth :D

We didn't even come close to that wall.....and I wasn't "looking at the pretty planes"....It was your gate that I was looking at :p Trying to help you out man :D

Glad your home safe....sucks about the freakin delay though.

Yeah. Eric. My bad. I'm tired.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    KwitCo™ wrote:
    Yeah. Eric. My bad. I'm tired.
    Yea right.

What a lame excuse! ;)
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I made it!

-drasnor :fold:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    im back, arrived home around 6. layed down and slept for like 18 hours.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I'm back... After we saw Kwitco off, Mack and I had a ****ing Beer while waiting for his flight... After he left I headed off to my flight that was 30 minutes later... We took off in time (3:05) as they had another flight leaving from the same gate at 4PM... While we were in the air somewhere over Georgia they said that there were some bad storms that they had to go around so we had to go south over the Panhandle and all the way south to Tampa and then back up... We ended up arriving after 6PM for a flight that was scheduled to arrive at 5:40... Not too bad though... I am home and back in my own bed... Thanks for everything!!! It was a blast...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I made it back at 2:30am here in California, had a bit of a bumpy flight and a long delay in Houston. But I made it home and my wife was damn sure glad to see me.
    edited June 2006
    I made it back at 2:30am here in California, had a bit of a bumpy flight and a long delay in Houston. But I made it home and my wife was damn sure glad to see me.
    2:30am !!! Your plane was scheduled to take off at 3pm Cali time.....that's almost 12 hours to get from Michigan to Cali :honoes::hair:
    I wonder what they screwed up...hehehe
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Glad to hear everyone has made it back safe... Blackhawk is on his way .. and General Keebler is also heading off shortly. Safe Journey guys :)
    edited June 2006
    Just dropped BH off at the airport. He should be in the air right now.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I'll wave as he flies over me on his way to Orlando... I was just there yesterday... Hopefully he won't get delayed like I did... These storms we're having down here are pretty crappy...
    edited June 2006
    Nothing from TheLostSwede yet...I haven't even seen him on MSN....must be very jet lagged or his flight was delayed...hopefully he will chime in and give us the scoop when he wakes up/gets home :)