Hip Hop

RWBRWB
edited June 2006 in The Pub
I have a friend I agreed to do a website for for free(yes, free). He's a hip hop producer.... he makes music and.... produces.

I don't know much about rap other than P Diddy... but I am wanting to see how most hip hop artists have their sites which if I use stereo types they would be flashy and all bling bling... which I think I can do LOL.

Just curious if anyone could help me out in my research to get a better feel of hip hop, becuase to me hip hop, rap, and all that stuff is just a bunch of "clicks and whistles" to me :vimp: Any links and information would be very useful.

:rockon:

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI
    edited June 2006
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited June 2006
    oh wow, that is a simple *page*. but still well done.

I would just put demos of his tracks, and his contact info.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, sample clips is a good idea.

AND DON'T MAKE IT AUTOPLAY, it's just about, oh, the most annoying thing in the world.
  • RWBRWB
    edited June 2006
    All the pages and content are already decided. There will be media, and he's also representing models and other folks on his site so it's got plenty of content.

Just working out the appearance, trying to get the hip hop style down. I've looked at Bad Boy Records which has alot of similarity to what he's doing, as well as Da New Wildlife Records site which he likes alot but frankly IMHO is too flashy, and for what I am getting out of it... he ain't getting it ;)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited June 2006
    yeh, I hate autoplay, especially at 2 in the morning, when everyone is asleep, and I forgot to turn my speakers off, I click a link and it is like an air raid is going off.
  • RWBRWB
    edited June 2006
    entropy wrote:
    Yeah, sample clips is a good idea.

AND DON'T MAKE IT AUTOPLAY, it's just about, oh, the most annoying thing in the world.

If I were to do auto play on any audio, first I would have a volume slider and a complete media player which I have already built in flash(not the default one mind you), and it would be on a low volume. Of course the voume would near easily accessible in case you want to turn it up or off/down.