SM-LAN'06 - Thank You's

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Community
Brian:
Considering all the logistics that it takes to pull off a 40-person LAN, and host it at your house, and arrange to pickup/ drop off people at the airport, and plan the Food Tour, and all the other little things that good on unnoticed... a HUGE THANK YOU!!!
:celebrate
Tracey:
Are you crazy? Really... no wife I know would be able to handle over 30 people for three days (or four, or 10 days) parading throughout their house. We used your showers, your toilets (some more than others :D), we took over your living room, we slept on your floors, your couches, in your basement, in your yard... we ate your WONDERFUL food... To top that... you did it again this year but with more people!!!! THANK YOU... You were a great hostess!!!
Mat (Sledge):
Man you took some heat... people making fun of your organization for the UT tournament even though you had never done a UT one before. Considering it was the only gaming event we had, you did a great job. What else is there... oh yeah, the prizes!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.... Well, you get the picture.
Matt (Keebs):
I am thanking you before the majority of you work even begins.... thank you for taping all the wacky things that occurred. Seemed like you were asleep or you had that sweet video camera attached to your hand!!!! It was cool to know that if something funny or memorable occurred, you probably caught it!!!! Thank you and I look forward to the video!!! :headbange
Team Nexlia:
Well... some people made fun of the idea of a non-gaming event. I loved the idea and thought you guys pulled it off and made it a great event. While your scoring failed to notice the belly flop, you guys made it fun and almost 20 people participated or were watching the event... that's 50%!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Larry:
The "Walk for a Cure" idea was great and other than a few bruises and sprains, it went off great. Maybe we can do this again and get more people!!!

Who else needs to be recognized?

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I would like to thank each and every person who was at Tracey and Brian's house this weekend for making my weekend and absolute blast. Thank you all for making the trek to the party and showing just how great a family Short-Media really is.

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    very well said Q, you read my mind.
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited June 2006
    yes yes a big round of applause for you guys, and ill throw in a high five to mtgoat for the greastest steak evar.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    What a blast. What a damn blast. QCH's post perfectly echoes my thoughts about the event, particularly involving Tracey's willingness to tolerate 40 nerds + extras, not to mention providing food for all of them at times. Brian's expertise at throwing the shindig together is exemplary.

Oh, and the Goat's mean steak is legendary. :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    My thanks to each and all are here :)

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47534
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    I can't say it any better than you guys have, so I'll just say it louder:

THANKS!!!

:celebrate :celebrate
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Q hit it on the head perfectly!

I thank everyone for the great time.

BTW
    I didn't do anything I wouldn't do on a normal Saturday. It was just a bit more quantity! ;)
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited June 2006
    Err thanks to all of you who went and have posted how great it was for now making me feel so pants that I couldn't go. :vimp:

Looks like you all had a blast, so I'm off to sell my body to medical research so I can afford to go next year.:wave:
    edited June 2006
    Jimborae wrote:
    ...I'm off to sell my body to medical research so I can afford to go next year.:wave:
    How much do you want for the gallbladder? :range:
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Thanks to Brian and Tracey (sp?) for all the effort as host and hostess, plus the use of every square inch in/on the house/property for the event. :thumbsup: :woowoo: :rockon:

Thanks to all of you guys and the support for OCZ....hopefully next year we will sort out even more OCZ Hardware :D

I have to say there is a great group of people on this forum even with my limited time here.

Congrats to Citrixmeta and Septimus on your new "Equipment" :woowoo:

Thanks also to Marcus for traveling all that way, it was great to meet you as well :D :sweflag:
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited June 2006
    i just wanna say thanks to everyone who had a hand in making the lan happen, and thanks to everyone who came. it wouldnt be a s-m party with out you all.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I think it's all been said. I've now got memories that I will never forget. This is one of the best, if not the best, time I've had ever. It was amazing how family-like the atmosphere was. I had a wonderful time.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    In addition to the above:
    Brian: Thanks for the free GameCube. With the assistance of a retired [H] guru we took the 'Cube apart and I dialed up the laser power. It now plays a pretty mean game of Mario Kart.

Everyone that contributed to buying my 7800GT: Thanks a bunch, this working college student can really use it.

-drasnor :fold:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    nice work folks, what a week. ty.
    edited June 2006
    I have a few more special thanks to give out...

To everyone who participated in the shirt prank: thank you for helping to pull off a stunt that will leave the Pancake House employees talking for at least a few days. I hope you all enjoyed the shirts.

To prof and QCH: thank you guys so much for taking the shirt prank to a level that I never imagined when I originally thought of it.
    For the record, here is how the work was divided on the shirts:
    • prof did the wonderful photochop of Papa Prime and Ma Shorty.
    • Q did the coordination and production of all the shirts - including the ironing (and losing his first iron as a casualty of the project).
    • All I did was pick the perfect pair of guys to be in on the planning stages.

Thank you guys so much for pulling this off so well!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    drasnor wrote:
    In addition to the above:
    Brian: Thanks for the free GameCube. With the assistance of a retired [H] guru we took the 'Cube apart and I dialed up the laser power. It now plays a pretty mean game of Mario Kart.

AWESOME. I'm so glad someone is able to use it. It was JUST ABOUT to go in the trash :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Mario Kart is pretty much his favorite video game. ;D
  • edited June 2006
    to all that said "thank you" i'd like to say "you're so very welcome!!"

actually , i posted to give a big thanks to many of you.

thank you
    -to everyone how helped organize before the event even started
    -who made airport runs (some numerous times)
    -who cut the lawn
    -went grocery shopping
    -offered to help clean ,prepare, and cook
    -helped watch and entertain my boys
    -who brought wonderful souvenirs and things to share
    -and a big thanks to the afterparty clean-up crew
    they worked their butts off while i was at work so i wouldn't come home monday night and lose it

most of all thanks for all the laughs
    and the memories....
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Aww not sure If I fall under any of those bullet points but it was our pleasure :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    You fall under at LEAST one of those bullets, you big teddy bear :crazy:
    edited June 2006
    ...helped watch and entertain my boys...
    I think it was the other way around. It was great to have another chance to play with all the neat toys I am supposedly too old to enjoy.

Never a dull moment. :woowoo:
    edited June 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I have a few more special thanks to give out...

To everyone who participated in the shirt prank: thank you for helping to pull off a stunt that will leave the Pancake House employees talking for at least a few days. I hope you all enjoyed the shirts...

...All I did was pick the perfect pair of guys to be in on the planning stages...
    Conceiving a brilliant idea is the hardest part of any project. Doing the legwork is easy.

I had high hopes for your idea; it exceeded all expectations. :thumbsup:
    edited June 2006
    It wouldn't even have met any expectations if it wasn't for the work that you and Q did! :p
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited June 2006
    I wasn't there, but I realize the work behind all the work done by Tracey and Brian.
    (Not mention their cat, that finally couldn't prevent it from happen).

By the way I was just some miles above, watching the whole thing, from a satellite.
    Too bad it wasn't in real time ....

Thanks for all the pictures from the party.

Cheers from Esso, infront of the PC one hot night in the south part of Stockholm, Sweden (time = 00.40, 1 July).
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited July 2006
    Thanks to everyone that was there.
    Special thanx to FreshyP and MasterBuilder for winning the XBox 360 and the big momma speaker sysem
  • TonksTonks Fairfax, VA/Salem, WV
    edited August 2006
    This is WAY late, but I just wanted to thank everyone for an awesome time. Husahusa and I had a really great weekend, you guys rock! <3<3<3
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited August 2006
    Well, I'm curious about the shirt prank... is there a thread that describes it?