I scratched my eye!

RWBRWB
edited July 2006 in The Pub
I don't know how but man it hurts so bad, imagine a blind man with eyes tearingup trying to drive and that's me. I didn't want to put my contacts in today becuase yesterday it was bothering me so much. When I tried wearing my glasses it made it worse, had to wear my sunglasses instead which is not corrective vision.

Oddly enough, it seems like my vision is getting better. Instead of a dark blur it's a bright blur ;D j\k, I was worried about driving, but I think these contacts are somehow actually correcting my vision when I am not wearing them.

But if it still hurts come payday, I'm gonna have to hit up a doctor :hair: It only hurts when I blink though, and my eyes feel so wierd that they are forced to blink every second.

Comments

  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited July 2006
    You scratched your cornea, probably.
  • RWBRWB
    sniffs

    It hurts.

    I tried to see if I can see it in the mirror, but I can't stop blinking. lol
    edited July 2006
    sniffs

    It hurts.

    I tried to see if I can see it in the mirror, but I can't stop blinking. lol
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Get a couple of cotton balls and tape them over your eye socket. Make sure the end result blocks all light and keeps the eyeball from moving (as much as possible, anyway). I scratched my cornea about fifteen years ago and that worked as well as the horse pill painkiller the doctor gave me. Your eye reflexively responds to differences in light levels, meaning that it is going to be constantly irritating you if it keeps moving around.

    The good news is that it should heal quickly. If you're not completely over it by Monday you should see a doctor.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains
    edited July 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    You scratched your cornea, probably.

    that was the injury that temporaily stopped a rubber band fight at werk X_X
  • RWBRWB
    edited July 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Get a couple of cotton balls and tape them over your eye socket. Make sure the end result blocks all light and keeps the eyeball from moving (as much as possible, anyway). I scratched my cornea about fifteen years ago and that worked as well as the horse pill painkiller the doctor gave me. Your eye reflexively responds to differences in light levels, meaning that it is going to be constantly irritating you if it keeps moving around.

    The good news is that it should heal quickly. If you're not completely over it by Monday you should see a doctor.

    Great idea! I just used my palm over my eye for a few minutes and it kept my other eye from getting as irritated. Gonn have to wait till I get home, all I have is duct tape and toiletpaper, but hey... it'll work ;)
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas
    edited July 2006
    This thread made my eyes water ;D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much
    edited July 2006
    Go see a chemist/pharmacy/drugstore and get some antibiotic cream/solution to aid repair of the cut. Combined with Prof's advise, i'm sure you'll be ok.:thumbsup:
  • DonutDonut Maine
    edited July 2006
    Do you know what scratched your eye? I hope it's out.

    Eyes heal very quickly. I got a metal sliver in mine, thought it was out, wrong.
    Less than 24 hrs later I'm in the ER, the eye had already started to heal over and the metal was still there. A rust ring had started to form and the metal had to be drilled out. The metal is out, but the rust ring I'm stuck with. (I can't see it, but when I get my eyes checked they can)
  • RWBRWB
    edited July 2006
    Woke up this morning, my eye seems just fine now. Gonna give it an extra day without contacts to be sure.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    RWB wrote:
    Woke up this morning, my eye seems just fine now. Gonna give it an extra day without contacts to be sure.
    You have the makings of a great blues song there. :Rocker:
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited July 2006
    Contacts are great fun. As well as scratching my cornea a couple of times, I once managed to...well, I went to the pub, got a kebab on the way back (with chilli sauce of course) then took my contacts out without washing my hands first. Chilli sauce in the eyes is not a fun experience. On the plus side I took my contacts out before I went to the loo, so I may have saved myself an even more painful experience.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2006
    Ech, eyes gross me out. I think they can be extremely pretty sometimes, on the right person, but WHAT they are just grosses me out. It took me an hour and a half to get my contacts in the first time.

    I once got a piece of dirt in my eye, but I thought I got it out. Later that night they had to scrape off a few layers of my eyeskin (what the hell do you call that?) and pull it out with a loop-looking thing.

    I almost threw up all over the doctor.
  • edited July 2006
    What are they that grosses you you so much?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana
    edited July 2006
    The last time I scratched my corenea I remember how I felt like the biggest wimp. It's just sooooooooo damb irritating that it drives you nuts.

    Go to doctor ...get anitbiotic ointment.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville with a "P"
    edited July 2006
    csimon wrote:
    The last time I scratched my corenea I remember how I felt like the biggest wimp. It's just sooooooooo damb irritating that it drives you nuts.

    Go to doctor ...get anitbiotic ointment.
    Your not alone. Someone could probably get the secrets of the Earth out of me by merely threatening to mess with my eyes. Gotta run the little green men are after me again. ;)
  • RWBRWB
    edited July 2006
    I was able to wear my contacts yesterday, kinda had no choice though becuase I couldn't goto a bar with ghetto rigged glasses. By ghetto I mean the ear peice is held on by a peice of metal wire and that is held on by neon green zip ties, which is then held in place with scotch tape.

    So yeah, the contacts didn't bother me one bit this time, but I was very careful taking them out :)
  • V-PV-P State College, PA
    edited July 2006
    deicist wrote:
    Contacts are great fun. As well as scratching my cornea a couple of times, I once managed to...well, I went to the pub, got a kebab on the way back (with chilli sauce of course) then took my contacts out without washing my hands first. Chilli sauce in the eyes is not a fun experience. On the plus side I took my contacts out before I went to the loo, so I may have saved myself an even more painful experience.
    Ouch. That happened to me. If you've ever eaten Indian food, you know how spicy it is, and you know you eat most of it with your bare hands. Then I took my contacts out to adjust them and well that was a hell of an hour and half I had.
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited July 2006
    deicist wrote:
    Contacts are great fun. As well as scratching my cornea a couple of times, I once managed to...well, I went to the pub, got a kebab on the way back (with chilli sauce of course) then took my contacts out without washing my hands first. Chilli sauce in the eyes is not a fun experience. On the plus side I took my contacts out before I went to the loo, so I may have saved myself an even more painful experience.

    I have experience of the second scenario. Believe me, I would have rather got it in the eyes. :bawling:

    I also scratched my brother's cornea a few years ago, when UNINTENTIONALLY shot him in the eye with a plastic BB gun. Probably the stupidest thing I have ever done. I still feel guilty.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell
    edited July 2006
    I have some tiny little scratches on my eyes that result in little 'floaters' in my vision. I don't really notice them anymore even unless I focus on them.
Sign In or Register to comment.