Failing drive?

entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
edited July 2006 in Hardware
Okay, I really don't feel like typing everything out again, because it crashed when I was almost finished. Damnit this is frustrating.

I was listening to music, and I heard a loud click come from one of my drives. I think it's my WD 320, because that's the drive music is on. First winamp locked up, then the whole system. I used to think it was my 2nd drive not being able to handle BT seeding, but I moved the temp folder to my third drive (the WD 320). Still happening.

How can I check this? I've run the "Extended Test" on every single one of my drives (including my external backup), with no problems whatsoever. Also, every single drive passes on "SMART status." I've also run chkdsk /f on every single drive, with no errors.

What's going on? Something has to be failing somewhere.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Do you have these drives on motherboard SATA ports, off an integrated RAID controller (chip), RAID card, PCI-SATA card?
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2006
    My system drive and video drive are both connected via onboard SATA. My music drive (the 320) is connected via onboard IDE.