Banned Users / Dead Threads

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited July 2006 in Community
Just a thought but it may be more aesthetically pleasing to delete spammers threads and posts rather than just editing them as in my honest personal oppinion it looks a bit messy and 'dirty'.

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    We normally delete spammer threads but we are leaving a few to make it plain to see that we will not tollerate spam threads on this forum.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Heh, they don't stop when threatened with legal action, constantly deleted and shouted at, I don't think leaving a few examples will make any difference :p
  • edited July 2006
    i enjoy the new and interesting ways that the Mods edit their post.:crazy:
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    bikerboy wrote:
    i enjoy the new and interesting ways that the Mods edit their post.:crazy:

It keeps us amused :honoes:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Necropolis wrote:
    It keeps us amused
    I think that's the real reason :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Some of the bannings are pretty creative. I see the threads left in the public view as being similar to putting an oaf in the stocks so the townfolk can lob rotten fruit at him. :screwed:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2006
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Necropolis wrote:
    It keeps us amused :honoes:

It keeps me ammused, that is for sure, more so than watching comedy central, which is how I get my sh*ts and giggles.:crazy:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Look, if this garbage is so terribly amusing, let's keep a public sub-forum of the pub for the crap.

It, however, is an eyesore.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Look, if this garbage is so terribly amusing, let's keep a public sub-forum of the pub for the crap.

It, however, is an eyesore.

Sounds good to me, just make it invisible to guests or members with a low post count so they dont have to look at it.;)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    90% of the SPAM does get dumped, with the membership never seeing it again once the staff pounces. The 10% that's left for view, well....? We don't have a policy on that yet. Thanks for your comment, guys. We really do pay attention to you.