Can't Install my updates for office products

Exel 2003
Office 2003
PowerPoint 2003
etc...

They are security updates that will not install.

Windows Update says it is unable to install them.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Is it a legitimate copy of Office?
  • edited July 2006
    Yep :), it used to work but now it doesn't I don't know why. I have the case and everything plus the shiny microsoft cds that say do not make illegal copies of this disc. So it's from microsoft

Updates were unable to be installed successfully

Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB919031)
    Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB918419)
    Security Update for Office 2003 (KB917151)
    Security Update for PowerPoint 2003 (KB916518)
    Security Update for Office 2003 (KB914455)
    Security Update for Word 2003 (KB917334)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Try looking for the corresponding KBxxxxxx folder within the Windows folder (probably in this format: $NtUninstallKB917159$) for each one. If it's there, delete it and try again.
  • edited July 2006
    Can't find any but I do have other folders like that can I delete them?
  • edited July 2006
    I still do not have the security fixes intalled becasue of this problem. Did you use a registry cleaner? Sometimes registry cleaners cause this problem with Office. I had the same problem, and found this info on Microsoft KB. But I do not have the link handy right now, sorry. There were registry fixes given at MS website but they seemed to be more complicated than reinstalling. After reinstallation reactivation might be needed. In that case you can call MS activation line, or do a Google search to find out how to preserve your activation.
  • edited July 2006
    So you think reinstalling office might do the trick :)
  • edited July 2006
    So you think reinstalling office might do the trick :)

If you have used a registry cleaner before this problem, yes. Or, check the MS KB for the registry fixes. I do not want to do either one, so it is waiting for now.