Planetside

SlickSlick Upstate New York
edited July 2003 in Gaming
Who at short-media owns this game. I personally think it is awsome. My two screen names are chopperslick, and slick1537. I play on Markov and am usually chopperslick. Both my charachters are BR 7 right now. If you want to play message me on markov.

Comments

• TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    I stopped playing it when the demo completed. It got very repetative. Not worth the monthly fee imho. It is a great game however as FPS go.

tek
  • diabx0rdiabx0r The 7th layer of friggin' hell (Bastrop, TX)
    edited June 2003
    I play on Konried.. Sorry man. :(:(
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited June 2003
    I played on kornied for a short time. I live in the east, and the ping always shows up better than markov, but give markov a try. You will be impressed. It is so much better than the eastern servers, latency wise for some reason. The ping is worse, but it seems to run better for some reason. I have seen stranger things.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited June 2003
    if they are gonna make a game cost money to play they should price the game at about $10-$15, there is no gam imo that is worth paying a fee in order to play the game, it should either free free play ro monthly charce and free game
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Armogeddon00 said
    if they are gonna make a game cost money to play they should price the game at about $10-$15, there is no gam imo that is worth paying a fee in order to play the game, it should either free free play ro monthly charce and free game

I agree. Its the principle of it that gets me, not the cost :banghead:
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Well the way i believe that it works is that box sales cover development costs like any other game so are needed, and in a game like this with a persistant world they need the fee to cover various wages/server costs etc. Obviously free would be nice but its damn near impossible for any MMO game.

Played it in beta and would buy it but im not sure it would keep my interest for a long enough time to bother though, might get hold of a copy in the future though depending on what they add :)
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    So besides going out and fighting and stuff...what's the actual point of the game?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Guys... the debate on pay per month games has been rattle around before, just let it go....

But I for one am in love with the game, you can find me on Markov Server as "BigBear" I am in the Clan in Exile Outfit and am currently BR12(soon to be at least). I stayed up all night last night playing a very LONG time, many hours were spent locking contenents in the name of the Terran Rep.

Long live TR! VS and NC have better weapons, but we have better people!
    edited June 2003
    I would have to agree about the better people buddy. Right now I am battle rank 8 command rank 1. I am with the Brotherhood of tears. I believed we are ranked 18 overall or something. I will message you some time.
    edited June 2003
    I bought this game today because I got paid some cash back. I'm so pleased because a few bad points from beta have been made better such as the the newly implemented vehicle queueing system. I used to hate weighting ages to get an ant or something important whilst fools got reavers!

I'm Nixxer of the New Conglomerate on Markov. Going to create some new characters soon.
    edited June 2003
    Nixxer that name sound fimilar. We probably played during the beta or something. Right now I play primarily on 'ChopperSlick' if any of you wanna message me.
  • x01x01
    edited June 2003
    Hey slick, what kinda puter do you play this game on?
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    Do you think this game has some staying value? Do you see yourself still playing it in a few months?
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited June 2003
    if I had the money, I'd get it...

the only Pay for Play's I'm really interested in is Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft

Planetside was on my list, but I'm happy playing free fps's
  • diabx0rdiabx0r The 7th layer of friggin' hell (Bastrop, TX)
    edited June 2003
    I think the game is ONLY GETTING BETTER. It's just an awesome all around game. I would give 5 dollar handjobs on the street corners in my town to get money to keep my subscription on if I had to.
    edited June 2003
    x01 said
    Hey slick, what kinda puter do you play this game on?

2 GHz P4
    512 DDR Ram
    Ghetto Ass Geforce4 420 mx
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    i was in the beta, i liked the game a lot. the problem i had was that DoD was always beckoning...
    edited June 2003
    They added the new Skyguard yesterday, a car with a cool cannon mounted on the back for taking out the reavers and other aircraft.

Coming soon though is the Liberator, a bomberplane that can hold three people. Saving my certs for it.
    edited June 2003
    Yea, the skygaurd kinda sucks as I got one. I cannot wait for the bomber to be implimented though. That thing will be sweet, look out, here come the carpet bombs.
    edited June 2003
    I randomly take ingame screenshots of things that I think are interesting. Anyway, they can be found here.

PS-Cool.txt

My favourite pic of us raiding what was a heavy VS controlled tower, with a friend's car driving off the top of the hill I was running down.
    edited June 2003
    I take pictures of random interesting things aswell. This is TR after a huge battle for a base. Seeing how there are so many people at a vehicle terminal you can imagine how many there were at the base.
    edited June 2003
    TR?!

*spits at you*

Were you guys working with the VS the other night/day (where ever you live). You were both trying to slaughter us without attacking each other?!
    edited June 2003
    Not that I know of. Like someone once said, NC and VS have better weapons, but the TR has better people.
    edited June 2003
    NC have "more powerful" weapons, but TR have the best max's. Its sad. Anyway, keep players out of such an equasion - characters only.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Well becuase of all the complaining the NC and VS girls did, the TR MAX's got nerfed to Hell.
    edited June 2003
    Yea dude, they are ineffective now.
    edited July 2003
    Test servers are up. Finally got to try out the Liberator. I wasn't that impressed...

- Its like a flying vangard
    - A mosquito could destroy a fully crewed one
    - They go 90 k/ph and has no afterburner

Other than that though it is a lot of fun, but EVERYONE bought one, including myself, which I then unlearned.

I'm the usuall, Nixxer. Feel free to attempt to /tell me since I couldn't get them working.