Some threads activate popup blocker????

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Community
What is in some threads like this one; FS: AXP 1800+@2.3Ghz, Shuttle AN35N, Gainward, Audigy, Geil, Corsair that activates my popup blocker and closes the browser window?

Comments

• t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited September 2003
    It didn't give me any popups... Have you scanned your computer using AdAware or Spybot?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Nothing should be in them to make a popup stoppper throw a bone at you :confused:

What browser? Which popup stopper? Have you got a private message waiting for you and you don't realise ;)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    t1rhino said
    It didn't give me any popups... Have you scanned your computer using AdAware or Spybot?

t1rhino,
    I have AdAware 6.0 Plus, scan once or twice a week and haven't had anything for months. Also have Ad Watch monitoring with highest settings constanly. I am a security freak and have a good hardware firewall in addition to Norton's Personal Firewall and have both tweaked pretty good.

Shorty said
    Nothing should be in them to make a popup stoppper throw a bone at you :confused:

What browser? Which popup stopper? Have you got a private message waiting for you and you don't realise ;)

Shorty,

I have IE6 with all the latest MS DL's and have Ad Watch 3.0 and the popup blocker in Tweak XP enabled. It is the one in Tweak XP that goes off.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    mtgoat said
    I am a security freak ....

I have IE6...

mutually exclusive, bud ;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Sounds like the PM popup Mr G :) .. go into your control panel and disable "popup on PM" and retry.. see it you get the same problem ;)
    edited September 2003
    primesuspect said
    mtgoat said
    I am a security freak ....

I have IE6...

mutually exclusive, bud ;D

Why would the window need bars if the you have a good outer perimiter???
    edited September 2003
    Shorty said
    Sounds like the PM popup Mr G :) .. go into your control panel and disable "popup on PM" and retry.. see it you get the same problem ;)

I don't have any probs with the PM's

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I didn't have any PM's waiting. :)