Post your Rigs!!!

Comments

• V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited January 2006
    WOW!! you guys are lucky
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2006
    I had UV's in my xbox at one point, never in my computer though. Right now i have some green cathodes and LED fans.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Been meaning to post these images! :) I should note what is in this bad boy!

AMD Athlon FX 57
    Nvidia 7800GTX 512
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Corsair 2 x 512 Xspert Ram & 2 x 512 XMS ram running in DDR 400 "yeah shocking a AMD setup with 4 stick running 400 MHz"
    Zalman 7700CU CPU Cooler
    SB Audigy2 ZS
    and a few fans and lights!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
  • edited January 2006
    Here's my new case that just replaced the 6 year old case that was still working and cooling good but getting a little long in the tooth as far as looks were concerned, not to mention that having no front USB inputs was pizzin me off ! The stuff inside is whats listed in my sig, nothing special, no neon or water cooling here...it's all air and with an rear intake, front exhaust setup and a TT Big Typhoon...everything stays pretty cool and I can run at 2ghz and get crazy OC's outa my x800 pro when I'm Need For Speedin or blasting chit in COD2 & GTA-SA :crazy: The Areogate fan controller does the job I wanted very well and added a little bling bling...when this thing is cranked it sounds like a Hoover but when I got work to do I just turn the fans down and vo'la it's perfect for a quiet working enviroment :type:

Oh and under that front floppy drive cover flap theres no floppy...I relocated the game port for connecting my Serpent RC game port adaptor which allows me to use my RC racing controller with racing sims like VRC, NFS etc.
  • roland_dmproland_dmp Oklahoma New
    edited January 2006
    Been meaning to post these images! :)

Nice case, I have the exact same one and can only dream of the day when it'll look that uber inside!

uber_inside.jpg
  • edited February 2006
    nice looking case sledge.
    sdgcan you have a lot of nice equipment on yours...very nice

bikerboy
    edited February 2006
    So Sledge, did you mount that side fan yourself and cut slits in the view panel, or did it come like that? Just asking cause I think my vid card would love that extra air on it, and if you did it yourself I'd like to know what you used :)

5.jpg
    edited February 2006
    Actually it came like that with a clip in mount to hold a 80MM fan! It is right in line with the Graphics card! i have another case just liek this and it blows on the 2 7800GTX 512's in it giving me about a 12C drop in temp on the card under full load......

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=90511#
    edited February 2006
    Hmmm, I wonder if they'd just sell me the door? ;D I bet it would fit my case! I thought it was the same case as yours from all the pics, but my front isn't as streamlined. I've never been much of a case modder - but I guess it's never too late to learn.
    edited February 2006
    Im sure they sell the door as a replacement part!
    edited February 2006
    ryko wrote:
    here is my latest creation...first one in my sig. i have a mod work log thread around here somewhere but i am too lazy to find it.

got the same cpu cooler except i didnt put a 120 on it and its aluminum AND copper w/ blu LEDs :celebrate (didnt think i'd need THAT much copper that i was gonna spend $10 more on it)
    edited February 2006
    sry i havent posted MY OWN pics.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited February 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    got the same cpu cooler except i didnt put a 120 on it and its aluminum AND copper w/ blu LEDs :celebrate (didnt think i'd need THAT much copper that i was gonna spend $10 more on it)

funny....but mine is not a zalman. it's a zalman-like knockoff that i got from a svc.com clearance special for $10. it has clips for an 80mm and a 90mm fan, but i just bent them for a 120mm. so that's $10 plus $7 for the 120mm, 78cfm fan, and mine was under $25 with shipping! temps are around 34* idle, 44* load @ 2400mhz, 240htt, 1.45v.
  • dstyle347dstyle347 Boston
    edited February 2006
    RE: ARMO'S RIG
    then the flashy side:

infnew2.jpg[/QUOTE]

My luck I'd get on the train with that thing and get shot in the face by some paranoid transit cop.
    edited February 2006
    ryko wrote:
    funny....but mine is not a zalman. it's a zalman-like knockoff that i got from a svc.com clearance special for $10. it has clips for an 80mm and a 90mm fan, but i just bent them for a 120mm. so that's $10 plus $7 for the 120mm, 78cfm fan, and mine was under $25 with shipping! temps are around 34* idle, 44* load @ 2400mhz, 240htt, 1.45v.
    My 3500 is oced to 2.8 and im running 43 C tops
    edited February 2006
    dstyle347 wrote:
    RE: ARMO'S RIG
    then the flashy side:

[image deleted]

My luck I'd get on the train with that thing and get shot in the face by some paranoid transit cop.

you're not alone:cheers:
    edited May 2006
    I actually wanted to revive this thread from the great beyond...
    I want to see some more rigs. I know some of you got new ones.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Ten points for whoever posts pics of the first AM2 rig.

(It has to be your own computer, too. Those who write awesome reviews are not eligible.) :D
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Ten points for whoever posts pics of the first AM2 rig.

(It has to be your own computer, too. Those who write awesome reviews are not eligible.) :D

Aww damn.. life is so unfair ;D
    edited May 2006
    lemonlime wrote:
    Aww damn.. life is so unfair ;D
    Well...

...you get fifty points for doing such a fine job. Better? :D
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Well...

...you get fifty points for doing such a fine job. Better? :D
    How many do I get for being the SM jester?
    edited May 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    How many do I get for being the SM jester?
    Minus 100. Good thing no one is keeping score. :vimp:

/me doth kid thee... :wave:
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Minus 100. Good thing no one is keeping score. :vimp:

* profdlp doth kid thee... :wave:
    You're my best friend... Now how many do I have?
    edited June 2006
    Need more images, I am sure there are more of you who want to show some systems off :)
    edited August 2006
    Wellm I was cleaning out my digital camera, and uploading all the pics to the PC, and I just remembered I never posted the pics I took while building this thing so here we are! Like I said, it's a shame compared to [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] all of yours. (I know the photos are a bit shaky, I was tired that day, as it was on my birthday). And I've gotten the "wow, the inside of that looks like asshair" comment already, so keep those to yourselves.
  • edited August 2006
    My rig continues to evolve. This is a new case, DVD/RW drive, Swiftech W/C setup, my P4 rig (2.4C at 3218mhz, Chaintech 9CJS Zenith and eVGA 6800nu) and external PSU.

I've got an ASUS A8N32SLI-Deluxe and an X2-3800+ waiting to go in it as soon as I can get my hands on a PCI-e card.
    edited August 2006
    Nice, madmat! :D
  • edited August 2006
    Thanks!
    edited August 2006
    What brand and model is that PSU? I've never seen one like it. :)
  • edited August 2006
    It's an XG/MGE Magnum 600 EX. It's made by Seventeam and puts out a solid 500W although MGE claims 600W.

It runs around $200.