EPS12V or ATX12V

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited August 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys,

I am planning on upgrading some of my hardware. I am stuck however on which powersupply to buy. I was looking at the PC power and cooling 750W silencer. http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S75EPS

The motherboard that I was planning on using is the Foxconn http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813186098

The problem lies that the power supply is EPS12V. What is difference between that and ATX12V, and are these two products compatible?

Thanks for the help guys!

Radio91P

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    They will work fine together. But why in God's name do you want a Foconn board when there are so many boards on the market???
  • edited August 2006
    Actually that particular board is supposed to be pretty beastly...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    There's significantly better for the same price, as the Asus M2N32-SLI comes to mind.
  • edited August 2006
    Having read a comparison of both boards in terms of performance they're both on the same par. I chalk the reluctance to use Foxcon boards up to FUD myself.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    i wouldnt trust foxconn as far as i can throw my server tower made of PURE STEEL!!! lol...but on a serious note..i would go for ocz gamestream 720w or sumtyhing like that model...i LOVE ocz...they do good business...provide great power...and that model is sufficent enough to power dual ati crossfire thing-a-ma-bobs...whatever the highest end is..i think x1900?
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited August 2006
    The only motherboards that I have ever purchased are ASUS. I now have the M2N-E. I have had nothing but problems with it. There are a lot of people that have had the same problem, and ASUS has done nothing to fix it. THe tech support sucks too! I was looking at all of the 590SLI boards. The only reason I didn't want the ASUS was because of the worry that it will have the same problems. What are some recommendations? I want the 16X16 for SLI.

Thanks for the info guys!

Radio91P