Fights

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
edited September 2006 in The Pub
What a night, what a night.

Ok, so I pick up this girl named britany(we're just friends) and we are heading over to the AET dance (some sorority around here) anyway, we get there, wait 30 minutes for her friends to show up and then we go in around ten o'clock, an hour after it started.

anyway, I see a couple guys I know and I talk to them. Then I walk around for a few minutes trying to find someone to dance with, then about 3 mexicans get around me for no damned reason, start saying "what cuz, what, what homie" im trying not to laugh, and I just walk away, I thought maybe they were just joking or something since I had never seen nor heard of in my life.

Then about 15 minutes later, I see this kid walk by me, and I say "whats up", which was apparently the wrong thing to say? Cause then about 4 mexicans get around me in a circle and start the whole "what" conversation again....They said "what did you say" so of course, I reiterated myself, and then the guy says, "you dont say whats up to me" (then what do I say) anyway, I walk away and go sit down next to britany to tell her about them. And surprise surprise, they come over and find me.

Anyway, now there are about 6 or 7 of them, and the one guy that appears to be at the forefront. Comes up and asks me if I want to fight, and im thinking no, I cant say that I do. so no, I tell him. and then he starts jabbering again trying to start something. Then he stands there and punches me in the chest 4 times, trying to get me up and for me to fight.

Now there were people trying to get them to calm down, and someone told me they were just trying to get in a fight with anyone they could start it with.

So anyway, someone turns the lights on, I tell the kid I dont want to fight him (but I was about to stand up and start swingin') because there were four other guys that would help me out. but I kept thinking, I dont know how many it would take to kick my ass, but I know how many there are. and there were a couple of their friends trying to calm them down, one of them asked me what happened and if I knew them, and he said he wouldnt let them fight me. and that I should go straight to my car when it was over.

So anyway, they had walked away, and then the same group is over there trying to start a fight with a black kid, and he looked willing to fight. So then the cops come in, and everyone had to leave. I was pissed, and I guess that there were about 4 fights up and down the street there, and then one was starting in the building with the aforementioned idiots.

And the mom that was running it was pissed, cause she had to call the cops, she was saying words that would make the swear filter go into overdrive, so I wont repeat what she said, but she was really really really pissed at the kids starting the fights.

Anyway, I had about 4 guys come up to me to and tell me that if I had swung they were ready to jump in and help me, though I was thinking that would have been nice to know when it was happening.

The thing that pissed me off the most was that these idiots were starting a fight to start a fight; how moronic. It takes a lot to piss me off, but I was steaming when I walked out of that building.
So anyway, we all left around 11, I drove around a until 12 to cool off and talk to britany, then I took her home and I got in around 12:30...not exactly the evening I had planned for.

Comments

• RWBRWB
    edited September 2006
    Man you did better than I would... you touch me in an unpleasing manner and I can't help it. I say way to go... it wasn't something you could have prevented.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan
    edited September 2006
    Nice job controlling yourself in that sitution, I know I don't have enough self control to have resisted deckin' that dude.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    edited September 2006
    That sucks, man. Good self control, though.
    Anyway, I had about 4 guys come up to me to and tell me that if I had swung they were ready to jump in and help me, though I was thinking that would have been nice to know when it was happening.

Heh, easy for them to say after the fact :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    Those other guys were obviously there just to stir something up. Add in the fact that four guys were willing to jump right in on your side if things broke loose and it could have been quite a melee. The only person who really had a chance to keep a riot from starting was you, and I'd say you did a fine job controlling the situation. :thumbsup:
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited September 2006
    Over the years i'm afraid to admit i've noticed this problem getting worse and worse in public situations. I've had to break up many fights in my time as a barman and i'll honestly admit most of em are cause by people being drunk, getting the wrong impression of something and because they're intoxicated going those few extra steps towards starting a fight.
    However in the last few years i've noticed more people that genuinely seem to be out for a fight, I've broken up in the last few months several fights started by people at the drop of a hat, with out any provocation. I don't know where its coming from or where its gonna lead to, but people are getting hurt.

You did well not to "take a swing" at them, no matter how well u thought u could handle yourself or how many people have your back because i'll tell u its not worth it if even only one of them is carrying a knife or other weapon.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited September 2006
    Red Dawn wrote:
    Over the years i'm afraid to admit i've noticed this problem getting worse and worse in public situations. I've had to break up many fights in my time as a barman and i'll honestly admit most of em are cause by people being drunk, getting the wrong impression of something and because they're intoxicated going those few extra steps towards starting a fight.
    However in the last few years i've noticed more people that genuinely seem to be out for a fight, I've broken up in the last few months several fights started by people at the drop of a hat, with out any provocation. I don't know where its coming from or where its gonna lead to, but people are getting hurt.

You did well not to "take a swing" at them, no matter how well u thought u could handle yourself or how many people have your back because i'll tell u its not worth it if even only one of them is carrying a knife or other weapon.

And thats what I was afraid of, because I hate to relate to stereotypes, but their appearance and general demeanor just lead me to think that they weren't just bringing their fists to the fight.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited September 2006
    Well done, Airborn. :wave:
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2006
    how old do you think they were?...or at least the main guy who wanted to fight.
    edited September 2006
    I'd say around 15,16 or 17, im not real sure. Looked like a bunch of punks to me.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited September 2006
    dude, you are so freaking awsome dude..

i know in like 3 seconds i would have layed that guy out.. i have no patience for mexican retards... especially when all my cousins think they are "gangsta's" they know i dont mess around with that crap....

dont be scared of them, i am mexican, i know those kinds of idiots dont really have balls, i would have made at least 3 of them kiss the concrete.. i dont put up with idiots like them.. and most of them that are in my life know this, so they dont mess with me.. i guess it helps that i am also mexican but i dunno.. lol
    edited September 2006
    If anyone listens to korn, "Coming Undone" describes pretty accurately how I felt last night. Except I didnt actually come undone:vimp: