BeyondTV for ME!

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Well, after fiddling with and running GB-PVR for about 6 months, I have decided to go with BeyondTV 4 and the Firefly Mini. Fry's had it on sale for $50 (bundled with a Firefly Mini) with a $30 mail in rebate, so I couldn't pass it up for $20.

The biggest reason to switch was a catastrophic hard drive failure and a total system reload. So with a fresh install, I thought I would go with a commercial version of software for my HTPC.

Does anyone have any websites that they like for setting up, tweaking, and fine tuning Beyond TV? I would really like to have the links.

Man, I can't wait to start recording my shows again! :D

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Well, I've installed and been running BeyondTV for a couple of weeks now. It was the easiest PVR build I ever did. I've recorded tons of shows and the PVR hasn't even hiccuped and the PVR is running one instance of Folding@Home. Overall, I am very satisfied and plan to build a second BeyondTV unit with dual tuners for my big-screen. :rockon:

If anyone else is interested in setting up a PVR using BeyondTV, follow this excellent guide I found while trying to set up my PVR.

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13226