WTB: Laptop Computer Hard Drive

WingaWinga MrSouth Africa Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Trading Post
I'm looking for a used (or new if it's a good price) HDD for an old laptop. It's presently got a 6Gig Hitachi drive in it that's seen better days. Model DK23AA-60
if anyone has a spare drive to sell me please shoot me a PM.

You must be willing to ship o/seas. I will pay immediately on confirmation of item and price. I use Paypal. Otherwise Money order.

Thanks

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    You may want to post your location. "Location: At the seaside on the seashore" is a little vague. :wink:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    South Africa. ;)
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Thanks for the heads up guys.
    Yes shipping is to SA.
    I am happy to pay the extra postage. If anyone has an old busted notebook lying around that may have a salvageable drive in it, pleeese lob it my way.
    It doesn't have to have a large storage capacity on it.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    I have a spare laptop drive, which I think is about 30-40GB. Let me throw it on the test bench and make sure it's 100% A-OK.
    edited September 2006
    wow sounds great Prof. I'm holding thumbs.....
    edited September 2006
    Keep holding...

I can't get the drive to be detected by either of the boards I've tried it with. I don't have a laptop to try it in, so I'm using one of those IDE adapters so I can hook it up to a 40-Pin connection.

There's a chance that it's the adapter at fault, though I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that it's just a bum drive. :(
    edited September 2006
    Damn :( I was so hoping...
    You won't believe how I've battled to find a used one locally. New drives are so expensive and the notebook is quite old. It's not financially viable to fit a new drive :-/

If theres anyone else out there that may be able to help me i would be extremely gratefull
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I'm looking for one for my laptop. If I come across any deals (2 drives on ebay, or something), I'll let you know. Can you pm me (or post) what size you want and how much (USD would be better to know, but I can always convert) you'd want to pay (before shipping)?

Another option, depending on how much a new drive costs where you are, is to have someone in the US buy it, and then ship it to you, if it's significantly cheaper.
    edited September 2006
    I didn't think of e-bay. I have bought things on there before, but very few people ship to international, so my choices have been limited. The ppl who do ship internationally are usually also the biggest morons I've had to deal with, so my experiences haven't been the best :(

I have sent you a PM, maybe we can come to some arrangement :)
    Cost is a factor so I will have to see what these things are going for first.
  • sgtwilliamssgtwilliams Grand Rapids MI
    edited September 2006
    Shwaip and Winga PMs sent I need to dig through the closet but I think I can accomodate both of you.
    edited September 2006
    That sounds great sgtwilliams. I have sent you PM regarding my situation, postage and minimum requirements :)
    edited September 2006
    Sgtwilliams had a sweet offer, but is a bit out my price range.
    If anyone has an old drive....6 to 10 Gigs if fine and I can get it landed here for around $40 max (postage is about $15) i'm all ears ):
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for all the offers and help!!
    I took shwaip's advice and sourced a drive on e-bay.
    It arrived today and I managed to get it here within budget. :)
    edited October 2006
    Glad to hear it, Winga. :)