Inspiron Not Scaling Screen

Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
edited October 2006 in Hardware
I have a Inspiron 8100 with a geforce 2 go video card that is not displaying the whole screen. Its like the screen itself is only displaying at 2/3 the resolution of what the videocard is actually putting out. This occurs even in the BIOS screen and in windows. Changing the resolution in windows does not make any difference. Things do get bigger/smaller as the resolution changes but it still cuts off the bottom and right hand side of the screen. Everything appears fine when using a monitor on the VGA output.

Since this problem occurs in BIOS as it does windows it leads me to believe its a setting in BIOS itself or a problem with the output to the LCD screen instead of driver issue. Unfortunaltly I do not see any BIOS options for the videocard. Any Ideas?

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2006
    Are you on your native resolution in windows ?.(1400x1050)
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited October 2006
    GrayFox wrote:
    Are you on your native resolution in windows ?.(1400x1050)

I did try that resolution, but the laptop claims its native resolution is 1600x1200.(its someones laptop I am working on) I also tried 1024x768, 800x600, etc but still the same thing.
    edited October 2006
    Here a screenshot of the computer in the BIOS. Notice how it cuts the right side and bottom off. I did tried all of the function keys related to the screen also.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2006
    Have you tryed flashing a bios update ?.
    edited October 2006
    I wanted to find out the bios version but I couldn't read what it was since the upper right hand screen was cut off in bios.

Thinking maybe if I hit the tab key when the computer first turned on (at the dell logo) it would reveal info in the background such as the bios version. For some reason I decided to hit tab and esc at the same time...needless to say after doing that everything now looks like it should and I can actually see EVERYTHING on the screen now! :banghead:

Thanks for the help grayfox! :wave: