prime's car wreck

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK
    edited October 2006
    Nosferatu wrote:
    After I was rear-ended by a motorcycle while in my car I also had dreams of getting into car accidents. It lasted a few weeks. :shakehead Glad to hear nobody was seriously injured. It must have been absolutely terrifying.
    That's how I feel at the moment. I don't want to get into my car, driving like Miss Daisy at the moment.
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited October 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    That's how I feel at the moment. I don't want to get into my car, driving like Miss Daisy at the moment.

Haha yeah, in my case it was 100% the other drivers fault, yet it still shook me up a lot. It's been 7 months since the accident and I'm still holding the wheel with two hands like "SLOW DOWN YOU CRAZIES!" at times. ;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK
    edited October 2006
    That's me the last few days. Paranoia! I guess it will pass in time but damn it, slow down!
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited October 2006
    The first couple of sentences gave me hives, so I'm very grateful you're ok. The world just wouldn't be as bright as it is without you. I love you bruce.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited October 2006
    yeh, im still a bit jumpy and overly cautious (if you can be). im starting to calm down a bit, but still.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England
    edited October 2006
    Glad you're ok prime. Did you take any pictures? ;) Only kidding!

~Cyrix
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited October 2006
    dang, what a scarey thing. i'm really glad to hear there were no serious injuries.

LIN
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2006
    Well, my granddad owns a quarter section of land in rural oklahoma.

Hey, airbornflght
    Would it be possible for us to do this (surely we have something to get rid of)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGwH_ivrNUw

Just make sure we are using Primes totalled Jeep not yours ;D
    edited October 2006
    yeh, we have enough room, we just have to find a giant car launcher, maybe top speed will let us borrow their's. And as far as targets, there are a couple old pickups, a buick rambler, and a grain truck. I could get ahold of the 50 cal machine gun, but im not sure about any RPG's/Anti-Tank weaponry, but maybe I could pull some strings. And since it is out of town, then they have no say so..
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2006
    Carl Gustav is a Swedish antitank gun, I'm sure that US army would like a swede like me to test it :usflag:

It would be rather difficult for me to bring it with me on the airplane these days :crazy:
    edited October 2006
    Esso wrote:
    Carl Gustav is a Swedish antitank gun, I'm sure that US army would like a swede like me to test it :usflag:

It would be rather difficult for me to bring it with me on the airplane these days :crazy:

nah, just drape it in a lead blanket, and then it will just look like a big blob on the x-ray machine.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin)
    edited October 2006
    Brian

Good to hear everyone is OK. And forget those dreams of a truck coming after you. I can tell you first hand that is definitely no fun!
  • HawkHawk Fla
    edited October 2006
    I'm very sorry to hear of your accident Prime.
    And the loss of your Jeep. Bummer man.
    But, I'm very glad you and the other driver walked away without serious injury.
    Wife & I wish you and yours well during your recovery of soreness, and with getting a new vehicle.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana
    edited October 2006
    Glad you're ok brian!
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK
    edited October 2006
    The US army were using Carl Gustavs around the mid 1980's weren't they?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan
    edited October 2006
    im not riding in a car with Brian behind the wheel again :)

good to hear you got outa that one on two legs man.
  • jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
    edited October 2006
    In that weather, did you have it in 4H or is it a 2wd Jeep?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited October 2006
    I didn't have it in 4H because I was on the expressway. Plus, it was dry when I started, and 15 miles later it was pouring rain. In hindsight, yes, I should have had it in 4H.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited October 2006
    I am sorry to hear about your car wreck. But I am glad that you and everyone else is safe and relatively unharmed.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin
    edited October 2006
    I too am glad that you are not dead.
  • jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
    edited October 2006
    Hindsight has the clearest vision Brian... nothing you can do now...

Again, sorry to hear about it... I know how scary it is to lose control of a top heavy vehicle at high speeds on a windy road... It's no fun and not something I wish upon anyone (esp. you since you sign some of my checks :P j/k )

Any plans on a new car, or is the Jeep somewhat salvagable?
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited October 2006
    I'm just glad that you're safe...
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan
    edited October 2006
    me too, who else would h4x0r my 73h pC and st33l my pr0nz?
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited October 2006
    Late to the thread, but wanted to chime in my "thank goodness!" as well....I've been a couple of crunch-ups in my time and I know that scary out-of-control feeling (one time I hit black ice, spun 180 degrees and slid backwards off the highway at full highway speed.) Glad you are safe and sound Prime.

Dexter...
    edited October 2006
    I was comming home from camping today, and it was drizzling out, I was doing about 75, and I was on some new asphault that they just laid down. the water got a little deeper, and I felt my jeep hydroplaning. not the funnest experience, but I slowly let off of the gas a tad at a time, and got into the other lane, thank god. I was like ahhh crap, here we go, Im gonna pull a brian.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    I had a biker dude cast a baleful glance my way at a stop light the other day.

Scary. :eek:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much
    edited October 2006
    Another belated reply.:(

Glad you came out OK, Brian. At least a Jeep can be replaced, unlike yourself.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited October 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    I had a biker dude cast a baleful glance my way at a stop light the other day.

Scary. :eek:

Biker Dude casts level 8 Baleful Glance at ProfDLP. Roll for save, please
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    Sorry. I don't have a recent scary car story of my own and was feeling a bit left out. :mullet:

/me rolls snake eyes
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-
    edited October 2006
    rolling snake eyes on a d20 is some serious bad luck :P