World of Warcraft...

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited November 2007 in Gaming
Just curious who all is still playing this, what server your on and character names. I've been playing for a couple days now with some buds of mine. I am on Cho'Gall Realm playing as either Daedelmarn or Talle, which are levels 23 and 7 :)

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Realm: Haomarush

Lvl 60 Human Mage - Khallel
    Lvl 8 Dwarf Priest - Alishza
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2006
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    No one's on Cho'gall? COME ON! :)
    edited October 2006
    Haha. There's like 50 realms or something. The chances of us being on the same realm are pretty slim. :)
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Haha. There's like 50 realms or something. The chances of us being on the same realm are pretty slim. :)

I think it's closer to 160 servers actually lol.. And I'm on Whisperwind, human warrior lvl 57. Also lvl 10 druid named venar, but he's just there as my bank, so I don't logon to him for more than 5 minutes a day.
    edited October 2006
    Well even better to support what I was saying. Damn, they've added a lot! Haha.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I started playing recently. It's a nice game, lots of neat scenery.

What's my realm? I don't know, I'll have to log in and check.

Username is Wadley, I'm a Dwarf Hunter (becuase they can shoot guns, the only other game I play is Halo 2), I'm currently level 8. I hang around Stormwind City, but I'm gonna be going out exploring more soon. Need a bigger and more powerful gun, but I have to get up a few levels more first. I finished last night at Northshire Abbey.

I had first inadvertently created a warrior character, then after I got it up to level 7 realized that warriors can't shoot guns.

I would like to have an imp for a minion, but Dwarf Hunters can't have imps, or so I've been told so far.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I played over the summer with some friends on TwistedNether. The game is fun once you get to know some people on your server.

However I don't see how you guys find time to play. To get anywhere in the game you have to spend a whole bunch of time. If I still played I would probably fail out of school and be even more broke than I already am! :(
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I play at work :)
    edited October 2006
    I set aside a night during the week to spend a couple hours, now that I'm higher level. Before that, I'd play for little bits at a time, log out in an inn and gain rested XP.

I've had my account for over a year and a half and just recently hit 60. Granted, I deactivated my account for about a 4 month period in there. I play for fun. I don't get all crazy about gear. If something drops and I win the roll, then yay! If not, then I still had fun. It is a thousand times more enjoyable if you have friends to play with and a good guild.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    used to but the monthly payment kicked me I hated it! I play lineage II with Sledgehammer on a free server
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited October 2006
    I started playing the free trial of WoW last week. It's not a bad game, but there are some things that I do not like. I do not like the real-time day/night cycle as I tend to play after work at 2AM and I dislike it being dark the whole time. In the other MMORPG's I have tried, the day/night cycle is much faster. Also, during the day if I play I run into the wait queue quite often.

For WoW I currently have a toon on the Aerie Peak realm and I am a lvl6 Druid named Kwahakaga.

As for other MMORPG's, I've played SWG :honoes: for about 18 months now. A lot of people hate it, but I like it. I currently play on the Naritus galaxy and have a lvl 80 Wookiee Bounty Hunter named Bowochrakitanta and a Human Master Architecht/Shipwright named Renli Saren.
    edited October 2006
    If you're char is that low, re-roll on a low-pop server. You can get back to 6 ina couple hours max.
  • edited October 2006
    Got a rank 13 shadow priest,ex rank 12 druid with full stormrage,ex rank 12 rogue with 8/8 bloodfang =p
    edited October 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    If you're char is that low, re-roll on a low-pop server. You can get back to 6 ina couple hours max.

I could try that, but I don't know if I will play past the trial period or not. I am not fond of the real-time day/night cycle that WoW has. Most of the low-pop servers are PvP and I am not into PvP. WoW also does not have very good charachter appearance customization IMO, as all of the charachters tend to look alike. Also when starting you are in an area with only your own species, unlike a few other MMORPG's where you are dumped in with everyone else starting out. With the the two other MMORPG's I have tried classes are not restricted to certain species as all species can play all classes. I've yet to see the appeal of WoW as it really seems no different than EQ2 and I've been playing that occasionally for about three months now.
    edited October 2006
    rc1974 wrote:
    I could try that, but I don't know if I will play past the trial period or not. I am not fond of the real-time day/night cycle that WoW has. Most of the low-pop servers are PvP and I am not into PvP. WoW also does not have very good charachter appearance customization IMO, as all of the charachters tend to look alike. Also when starting you are in an area with only your own species, unlike a few other MMORPG's where you are dumped in with everyone else starting out. With the the two other MMORPG's I have tried classes are not restricted to certain species as all species can play all classes. I've yet to see the appeal of WoW as it really seems no different than EQ2 and I've been playing that occasionally for about three months now.

Well, to each his own then. :)

I tried EQ2 for a short period and wasn't able to get into it. It could have been that I had a lot of friends in WoW, and none in EQ. Who knows, though.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I checked, my realm is Andorhal PVP.

Do different realms cover the same areas? As in you'd have the same cities and places to go, but with only the people on whatever realm you switched to?

Or do different realms have entirely different cities and everything else in them?
    edited October 2006
    The game world is identical server to server. Only the people change.
    edited October 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Well, to each his own then. :)

I tried EQ2 for a short period and wasn't able to get into it. It could have been that I had a lot of friends in WoW, and none in EQ. Who knows, though.

Friends and family is the main reason I play SWG. My brother-in-law, my nephew, and two friends play the game. The other reason is the space combat. I have about a week left on my free trial of WoW. WoW might be more interesting once I get past the initial stages... could be worth it to buy the actual game and a game card. :smiles:
    edited October 2006
    Well, if you're using the trial, no need to purchase the game. Just login to your account on WoW's website and activate a subscription. :)

WoW was my first MMORPG, so I may have been able to deal more easily with the early stage minutiae. I've had more fun since level 55 than any of the rest of the game.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I am so digging this game I am already 28 now, I hope to try to hit 30 tonight, either that or get my skills all the way up like blacksmithing and mining.
    edited November 2006
    RWB wrote:
    I am so digging this game I am already 28 now, I hope to try to hit 30 tonight, either that or get my skills all the way up like blacksmithing and mining.

dump blacksmithing and pick up skinning. you'll be broke forever with a crafting profession at low levels. you'll level your profession faster than you can get the materials for it, when if you had two gathering professions, you'd level then at the same rate as your character level.

Two gathering professions == lots 'o gold

Also get yourself a mod called auctioneer, you can thank me when you start to make serious moolah, which at level 28 should be right now.

Seriously, I always tell new players to get skinning and herbalism, it's 100% profit, you sell everything you pick up. Do'nt believe me, ask in game, you'll see.
    edited November 2006
    Goldthorn on most servers sells for 4-6g a stack, and can be had by the megaton in STV. No joke, an hour of your time will net you about 30g in the stuff. A few days of that, and you, sir, could have your mount.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I was a smith and a miner. The stuff I mined I could make cash on.... the stuff I made as a smith to advance was only good enough to sell to a vendor. I don't think I EVER made something that I wore (I was a loner though, no guild really). Anyways, the only good stuff you make from a crafting profession requires so much crap that you either go poor buying it all or it requires a guild working together to get all the ingredients. Gathering is where its at.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I'll probably drop smithing because it seems worthless to me as well, the crap I make doesn't suite me. My other character has enchantment and herbalism. I'll replace smithing with skinning.

BTW how do I get rid of blacksmithing?
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2006
    I picked up Blacksmithing to go into armorsmithing. The only way to get the Dark Irong fire resist gear I needed to tank Rag was through it.

I think you can go to the blacksmith trainer and select to unlearn the profession. I haven't played in a couple months but I think that is how. And remember if you drop a profession and pick it back up again, you got to start all over from 0.
    edited November 2006
    You have to open your character pane, go to the skills tab, scroll down to professions, click on that profession, then click the NO symbol in the new pane.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I really tried to get into WOW but just couldn't.. not sure why but.. oh well. I am now hooked on my very own L2 :)
    edited November 2006
    also a low level herb that sells for lots of money is gravemoss. it's almost 15-20g a stack. man tonight i was farming silithus, looted a couple greens from those twilight bastards, DEd them and got some essence of something, total selling for like 20g woot! but that's when you get to level 57 or 58. I need 47k to hit 60. was gonna do it tonight, but I'm too tired.
    edited November 2006
    I went ahead and got a 60 day game card. I also purchased the full game as it was only $20 and gave me 30 days free. WoW is fun and my gripes with it I can get used to or ignore. I can't remember the server I am on :confused2 , but I started out as a Tauren Druid named Dounup. :cool: