.IPB images

boricua9215boricua9215 Hollywood, FL.
edited November 2006 in Internet & Media
Would anyone know of a good program that can read these images?

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    An Invision Power Board file? o_O
  • boricua9215boricua9215 Hollywood, FL.
    edited November 2006
    I'm not sure, but the reason I posted is that I was sent a photo album from a friend of mine and some of the pictures are in an IPB format which my computer can't read while the rest are JPEG or Bitmap.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited November 2006
    IPB is not an image file format I recognize, and I just checked several extensive lists of file extensions to no avail. I, P, and B are letters used to describe types of compressed frames inside an MPEG file, but that's not likely to be what you are dealing with here. I'm guessing this either is not a valid image, or someone renamed a file extension by accident, or it is something wacky that some software is doing renaming a valid file type to make it harder to read. Or it could be a catalog file used by some software that made the photo album.

Can you attach one here so we can take a look, if it is not too big? Or host it somewhere and point us to a link?

Dexter...
    edited November 2006
    Ok, I read something wrong here, the picture is listed as an IPB image, but going into the properties it reads as a JPG. I dont understand.....

Another thing I dont get is why I can see most JPG's and some I cant...

And now I cant copy and paste the pic here for some reason :(
    edited November 2006
    You can't copy and paste pictures to the message board, you need to attach them using the attachment manager. When you click Reply, scroll down and look for the button that says Manage Attachments. Click that, follow the steps to attach the file. Note that the file extension IPB won't be recognized by the system, so you will have to stick it in a Zip file first.

Dexter...
    edited November 2006
    http://the-driven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3610

Alright, here is the link to the photo album I mentioned. Scroll down a bit and and you will see some pictures, and others you cant that are labeled "IPB image". It might just be my computer though so you may get to see them...
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    That link goes to a page that says it's out of date or doesn't exist anymore.
    edited November 2006
    Damn...I think maybe it has something to do with this part of the page being password protected.
    edited November 2006
    What size are the IPB files?
    edited November 2006
    84 X 30 pixels
    edited November 2006
    I'm sorry. I meant file size.
    edited November 2006
    They're not files, they're images, at least, thats what they're listed as in the album.

Like I said earlier, theres that little box where a picture is supposed to be if you cant see the image that usually says what it is. This one says "IPB image" right next to that little red square, but when I look at the properties, it has it as a JPEG. This is where Im really confused. Im trying my best to provide information, but this situation is making my head hurt.
    edited November 2006
    Oh! My bad. I misunderstood. I thought you had actual image files in a folder. This makes things difficult if we can't see it.
    edited November 2006
    Yea it does, which is why Im looking for something that can show me what the damn pictures are. Grrrrrrr....
    edited November 2006
    OK, IPB stands for Invision Power Board, as Jared pointed out above. That site is an Invision Power Board based site. Probably the term "IPB image" is something that IPB does to the image if there is a problem with the image? Maybe it got corrupted in the board's database or something? Or has been removed by the staff?

Dexter...
    edited November 2006
    K.
    edited November 2006
    Dexter wrote:
    OK, IPB stands for Invision Power Board, as Jared pointed out above. That site is an Invision Power Board based site. Probably the term "IPB image" is something that IPB does to the image if there is a problem with the image? Maybe it got corrupted in the board's database or something? Or has been removed by the staff?

Dexter...

Oh! Well that changes my entire perspective on the matter. Thanks, Dexter.
  • jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
    edited November 2006
    IPB Image is the alt text that is displayed when the image cannot be found.

It simply means the image cannot be located by your browser, so the box and alt text is displayed instead.
    edited November 2006
    /salute for clarifying this situation for me :)

Sooooo my next question is, is there a way for my browser to locate these images?
  • jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
    edited November 2006
    No, not until the original image poster updates the links. This usually happens when the images get deleted or the server goes offline and the clock is reaching toward two months of downtime and your host isn't returning phone calls.... *hint*
    edited November 2006
    Word.