World of Warcraft...

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    rc1974 wrote:
    I went ahead and got a 60 day game card. I also purchased the full game as it was only $20 and gave me 30 days free. WoW is fun and my gripes with it I can get used to or ignore. I can't remember the server I am on :confused2 , but I started out as a Tauren Druid named Dounup. :cool:

Well I play mostly at night too since I work overnights here... but it ain't so bad the stars kinda look cool anyways.

I spent all night working my herbalism from 0 to 104, in Elywen :ninja: Would have been faster but I also was mining anything I could find and killing the crazy level 5 through 9 monsters aggro'ing me.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2006
    Man I used to spend countless hours in Winterspring for Icecap and Azshara for Dreamfoil to sell and save to get pots made for raids. I think herbalism is the best profession out there. I also used to scout out my Black Lotus spawns and get them when they popped. Lots of gold to be made from herbalism.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Skinning and Herbalism are the skills to get? Well, I'll get them then. I've passed by many dead creatures that were listed as being skinnable, but I did nothing about it.

I just found out a friend of mine is a level 21 player, I'll go to him to learn more new things in the next few days.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2006
    60 Mage/Rogue on Elune.

Kinda waiting for the Exp to come out to do much more. Guild is kinda stuck in progression. Rag is easy and getting into BWL but havent even tried Razorgor 10 times yet. I dont really feel like raiding anymore either, only Azuresong is an upgrade for me in MC anymore and I smoke everyone on dmg by 1-2%.

There are only few items in the game available to me that are upgrades atm but the second item on Thottbot in tailoring past lvl 300 is an upgrade....makes no point to try again until the exp. Then I can go get some more Random Blues/Purples which will always be better than any set Blizz makes for Mages.

Thrax: I thought you had a decked out Lock? Pink gnomes are funny.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2006
    Tim wrote:
    Skinning and Herbalism are the skills to get? Well, I'll get them then. I've passed by many dead creatures that were listed as being skinnable, but I did nothing about it.

I just found out a friend of mine is a level 21 player, I'll go to him to learn more new things in the next few days.

Skinning and Flower Picking are 2 professions available to players to choose from. Skinning is by far the easiest prof. to level up by far, and will also make you a decent amount of guaranteed gold. Picking 2 gathering professions is my recommendation for a first time character to level with. Once you get a lvl 60, you can farm with that guy to make gold or w/e. I actually leveled my rogue fairly quickly and pretty much always had gold to buy new gear whenever I found an upgrade on the AH. Selling Leather instead of wasting it on Leatherworking helped on that. LWing doesnt have a BoP item, only the crafter can wear, so if you want something find someone that can make if for you instead of wasting gold to level a profession.
  • edited November 2006
    Fatfunkey 60 Troll Hunter
    Wibbles 13 Druid
    Stormscale

dont start playing..it eats your soul D::bawling:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    mmonnin wrote:
    60 Mage/Rogue on Elune.

Kinda waiting for the Exp to come out to do much more. Guild is kinda stuck in progression. Rag is easy and getting into BWL but havent even tried Razorgor 10 times yet. I dont really feel like raiding anymore either, only Azuresong is an upgrade for me in MC anymore and I smoke everyone on dmg by 1-2%.

There are only few items in the game available to me that are upgrades atm but the second item on Thottbot in tailoring past lvl 300 is an upgrade....makes no point to try again until the exp. Then I can go get some more Random Blues/Purples which will always be better than any set Blizz makes for Mages.

Thrax: I thought you had a decked out Lock? Pink gnomes are funny.

I disenchanted all the Warlocks stuff and made 1200g off of the shards to finishing saving for a flying mount with BC. I never played him anyhow, and the Warrior is vastly more entertaining.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    I disenchanted all the Warlocks stuff and made 1200g off of the shards to finishing saving for a flying mount with BC. I never played him anyhow, and the Warrior is vastly more entertaining.
    Diaf.

...I like my warrior but I don't think I like him that much. :range:

I have a 60 lock and priest, and a level 54 (for now) warrior all on Medivh and all horde. I made a lame attempt at an alliance lock but I only made it to 19.
    edited November 2006
    Eat glass, noob.

I play a Fury warrior with 1100 AP, 28% to crit and 13% to hit (That image is old). I blow people away in the damage meters, and I have a blast doing it.

Warlock, on the other hand, was: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, =, =, =, =, =, =, 7, 7, 7, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, and even with +550 dmg and an SM/Ruin spec that maximized raid DPS, it still couldn't touch what my Warrior does now. So, he in his pink mageweave shirt and his black war Kodo are sitting somewhere in the Badlands alone and hungry. I only kept him because of the war kodo.
    edited November 2006
    I must admit I like fury more than arms. Do you use a DW or 2h build?

My guild is breaking into Naxxramas now with two boss kills. But my warlock is pretty undergeared (around 400 +damage, conflagrate build) compared to the rest cause I haven't had a lot of time to raid. I dunno where I'd be if my guild had attendance requirements. :(
    edited November 2006
    Dual-wield. I mainhand a Claw of the Black Drake and offhand a Crul'Shorukh. My guild is just breaking into Naxx also.

If you switched off of the conflag build ( I was 7/5/40 when I went to Rank 12 with my Warlock), you'd do a lot more DPS.
    edited November 2006
    I know that. I've been SM/ruin 3 or 4 times now, but when I'm not raiding or playing my warrior I'm into pvp. I'm exalted with warsong outriders and the defilers...haven't really touched AV though. I got most of that rep with a soul link build and after I switched from that I realized it was pretty EZ mode. (cloth tank - wtf?) Now I'm 7/7/37.

My warrior is using a 2h fury build for now. I might try and gear him up but I'm not sure yet.
    edited November 2006
    2h fury is good, but it's only more damage than MS if you have about 1100 AP. That's the crossover point when the damage scaling begins to favour BT.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I finally hit 60 on my warrior two days ago, my first 60, i've only been playing for about 5 months now. DW, but talents are spent in arms, I'm much happier doing high DPS so I want to respec. Right now I've got the 31/20 most warriors have, Thrax, how is your warrior spec'd? And also, when you say 1100 AP, what is AP? I can't figure out what it would stand for.

I'm still using non-raid gear, my guild is tiny and we can't even find a healer to do anything fun like zg or scholo. I think the highest instance I've seen was sunken temple. I went into zg once, but that was to play bait for a hunter who wanted to tame some bat in there. I didn't make it far in at all, just to a bridge and got 4 shotted basically lol.
    edited November 2006
    Honestly, Kanez, without gear that grants you at LEAST +6% to Hit (With 10% considered the low end of ideal) 31/20 mortal strike with a heavy-hitting two-hander is a vastly better option for freshly-60 Warriors looking to do some damage. Even better is a 31/5/15 spec, which allows great tanking utility AND the ability to do DPS when necessary. I was that spec for a LONG time, until I got the necessary gear to push fury all the way.

A great, easily-obtainable weapon is the Unstoppable Force from AV, which anyone can get with just an hour or two a day. Just completely whore yourself for rep/quest turnins, and you'll have one in no time. AVs are so quick with the cross-realm BGs now.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2006
    My warrior was in all Might when I stopped playing him. I had the wrath legs and belt though. Got tired of raiding all the time really, I got a 60 rogue also that I might start playing some just to mess around with.
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited November 2006
    rc1974 wrote:
    I went ahead and got a 60 day game card. I also purchased the full game as it was only $20 and gave me 30 days free. WoW is fun and my gripes with it I can get used to or ignore. I can't remember the server I am on :confused2 , but I started out as a Tauren Druid named Dounup. :cool:

I play on the Ysera server and currently am at lvl 11.
  • edited November 2006
    I have a 58 Human Warlock on the European servers.

I've just started getting dragged through raids with my guild, I was attuned to MC and had my first run through there at level 56, that was messy but got a piece of teir 1 for my bank, have 2 saved now.

Currently trying to get the last 2 levels. I've done Moam in AQ20 and Onyxia since and just getting some fire resistance gear so I can be more use in MC and get the rest of the felheart set. We only do MC as a pickup instance now usually with randoms from outside of the guild so I will have to roll on stuff but shouldnt be too hard to get the gear I need.
    edited November 2006
    rapture-IC wrote:
    I have a 58 Human Warlock on the European servers.

I've just started getting dragged through raids with my guild, I was attuned to MC and had my first run through there at level 56, that was messy but got a piece of teir 1 for my bank, have 2 saved now.

Currently trying to get the last 2 levels. I've done Moam in AQ20 and Onyxia since and just getting some fire resistance gear so I can be more use in MC and get the rest of the felheart set. We only do MC as a pickup instance now usually with randoms from outside of the guild so I will have to roll on stuff but shouldnt be too hard to get the gear I need.

That's pretty sweet that you did all that at such low levels. Yesterday was my first time in DM and scholo, those are the hardest places I've been. I'm kinda bored with warrior right now so I rolled a rogue, I like doing massive DPS, which is what a warrior would be doing when I started. Oh well.

My guild is tiny, we have no healers, we're leveling a priest, but only at level 35 right now, so still useless. I've been grinding twilights in silithus for runecloth, I want my human rididing around on a tiger epic. i'm almost 6000/21000 revered, and I need another 21000 on top of that to hit exalted. I'm doing some pick up groups to get loot, so I can sell it, so i can buy up runecloth. I wish you could donat money for rep, takes forever to get runecloth sometimes.
  • edited November 2006
    Yeach was lucky really, good to know someone with a decent end game guild. Did AQ20 again last night and saw a few more bosses.

Went to Strat and got some nice drops and now reached level 59. Hoping to be at level 60 for the end of next week and then will start grinding rep for naxx.
    edited November 2006
    Revered with Argent Dawn sucks so hard. >_<
    edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Revered with Argent Dawn sucks so hard. >_<

I'm grinding exalted with darna because i want to ride around on a tiger instead of a horse. I'm revered 6000/21000, ugghhhh... then once i get to 21000, i get to do it all over again /barf... altough, i'm buying a lot of runecloth, not just grinding it, so it's not so horrible, but still...
    edited November 2006
    Been there, sir. Did it with straight runecloth on my old Orc to get the Rank 11 War Kodo, and did it again with my Gnome to get a Frostsabre. I have the AV mount, and now I'm working towards exalted with the humans: 1/5th of the way through revered with that.

Thankfully, my Gnome's grind was quicker as I turned in runecloth bandages during the AQ gate opening event for 75 rep/stack of runecloth, instead of 50 rep a shot.
    edited November 2006
    once I get through this 21000, it'll say exalted on my rep sheet, but i still have to get another 21000 right? i mean i already know that, but i'd love to hear otherwise lol

and why didn't they just allow people to turn in runecloth or money if they wanted. i guess it would mess with the economy too much, who knows.
    edited November 2006
    The war effort was about gathering resources for a war. Bundles of runecloth couldn't do anything for a war, but at the worst, you had someone else to combine all the runecloth into runecloth bandages for you. No big deal. The premise was interesting even if it was just a hoop to jump through. :)

Once you get through the 21,000 reputation points of revered, all you need is ONE point in exalted which spans a paltry 999 points. The only faction-based reward that currently requires 999/999 exalted is the Rank 6 AV trinket.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    The war effort was about gathering resources for a war. Bundles of runecloth couldn't do anything for a war, but at the worst, you had someone else to combine all the runecloth into runecloth bandages for you. No big deal. The premise was interesting even if it was just a hoop to jump through. :)

Kinda disappointed I wasn't playing during that point in the game. By the time I realized my server was gonna pull it off first it was too late for me to do much about it and I didn't wanna jump on the server smashing bandwagon.
    edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:

Once you get through the 21,000 reputation points of revered, all you need is ONE point in exalted which spans a paltry 999 points. The only faction-based reward that currently requires 999/999 exalted is the Rank 6 AV trinket.

omg you just made my day brighter then I thought it could be! so I really only have 15000 and 1 points to go to be able to buy a tiger mount? woot!

/me logs in and goes on a twilight geolord killing spree.
    edited November 2006
    Thrax, I have a question about gear for you.

To give you an idea of the crap I am currently saddled with, it takes me anywhere from 25 to 40 seconds to kill a twilight geolord in silithus. My health, with my gear on, maxes out at 4304, and by the time the average fight with said twilight geolord is over, my health has gone down to usually 2600 to 2800. I DW a mass of mcgowan and a hanzo sword, this kills the fastest for me out of anything i own.

I'm a lvl 60 warrior, but only been playing wow for about 5 months now. A while back while I was still questing in un'goto, a 60 warrior in tier 2 with a Quel serrar helped me do a couple quest, he took out one of those T-rexes solo, in like 20 or 30 seconds. I wont even bother getting near those because I usually barely survive an encounter with the elites roaming around in felwood. I'm sure the t-rex would stomp me down in 10 seconds or less.

I'm in a small guild, we have no healers, and I do try to get in pugs for the higher level instances whenever I can, but it usually takes an hour to get going on those, an hour I could be making money in silithus. Now i know i could try to change guilds but I don't really want to, I know these people, we've been playing MMOs together for a while now. I know I should find a real guild but let's pretend that option is off the table.

If you needed really good gear, I'm not talking tier 1 or 2 or whatever, but something almost as good, and you pretty much played solo, what would you do to get that gear, and in a reasonably short amount of time? Some people have told me grind faction with argent dawn, some people have told me to PvP my ass off because you can get really good weapons and armor at the higher ranks, some people have told me to just get in pugs as much as possible.

With the changes to the honor system, I'm hesitant to waste time now, to grind honor since it's all gonna vanish soon. That and running AV all the time gets boring tbh.

So which one is best, PvP, pugs, or argent dawn rep grind? Or is there something better yet?
  • edited November 2006
    Warrior is a hard class to play without gear, get what you can from the high level instances then see what you can do to get yourself into a regular MC run and build up from there.
    edited November 2006
    PVP. PVP armor, now more than ever before, can take a warrior's DPS equipment to something between Molten Core and Blackwing Lair. To give you an idea, I wear my Rank 10 helm and shoulders on my Warrior, instead of Drake Talon Pauldrons or the Lionheart Helm. Why? Because the PVP gear required no raiding, and no money! Just time, and time I've got!

The PVP gear is now, frankly, just amazing. If I take the Lionheart and the Drake Talons and add them together, they'd grant +3% crit/2% hit/76AP/170HP. Doing the same thing with the Rank 10 Helm/Shoulders yields this: +2% crit/1% hit/116AP/320HP. So I lose 1 crit and 1 hit, but I gain 50% more AP and about 98% more hitpoints! These are blue items out-classing 800g/BWL epics!

It really begins to add up. Now, by no means is PVP a light investment: It really takes time. Expect to be doing about 22-32K honour PER DAY to hit Rank 10 to get all the equipment, but in my opinion it was worth it. I had fun doing it, I saved DKP (Raid points I spent on other gear) and saved a lot of gold (Which will pay for a flying mount).

The easy gear to acquire is, pretty much, MS-oriented. Mortal Strike is where any warrior starts, and stays at for a long time. I was MS for 8 months after hitting 60, but here are some great gear choices that can be done with 20 mans or solo:

MORTAL STRIKE... HOOOOOOO!
    Stats
    Strength: 284
    Agility: 108
    Stamina: 309
    Intellect: 30
    Spirit: 47
    Armor: 4680
    Health: 4899
    Mana: 0
    Arcane Resistance: 0
    Fire Resistance: 0
    Nature Resistance: 0
    Frost Resistance: 0
    Shadow Resistance: 0

Bonuses
    Equip: Improves your chance to hit by 5%.
    Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 14%.
    Equip: +92 Attack Power.
    Equip: Hamstring Rage cost reduced by 3.
    Equip: 2% chance on melee hit to gain 1 extra attack.
    Chance on hit: Stuns target for 1 seconds.
    Equip: Reduces the cooldown of your Intercept ability by 5 sec.
    Buff: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 3%.

Other Stats

Back: Earthweave Cloak (Solo - Silithus Rep Quests)
    Chest: Knight-Captain's Plate Hauberk (Health +100) (Solo - PVP)
    Feet: Knight-Lieutenant's Plate Greaves (Stamina +7) (Solo - PVP)
    Left Finger: Don Julio's Band (Solo - Alterac Valley)
    Right Finger: Painweaver Band (10 Man - UBRS)
    Hands: Knight-Lieutenant's Plate Gauntlets (Strength +7) (Solo - PVP)
    Head: Lieutenant Commander's Plate Helm (Health +100) (Solo - PVP)
    Legs: Knight-Captain's Plate Leggings (Health +100) (Solo - PVP)
    Neck: Fury of the Forgotten Swarm (20 Man - Second AQ20 Boss)
    Shoulder: Lieutenant Commander's Plate Shoulders (Solo - PVP)
    Left Trinket: Blackhand's Breadth (10 Man - UBRS Quest)
    Right Trinket: Hand of Justice (5 Man - BRD Emperor)
    Waist: Highlander's Plate Girdle (Solo - Arathi Highlands PVP Rep)
    Wrist: Vambraces of the Sadist (Strength +9) (I don't f'ing remember)
    Mainhand: The Unstoppable Force (Solo - AV Rep)
    Ranged: Fahrad's Reloading Repeater (20 Man - 1 ZG+AQ20 Boss)

And there you go. You have the same crit rate I do, +5% to hit, more HP than me, and about 200 less AP. Not too bad, huh?

Yes, it requires a lot of grinding, and it requires some luck at 20 mans, but my suggestion to you is to find a raiding alliance on your server. Raiding alliances allow you to partake in raid content without leaving your guild: I've been a part of a raid alliance for over a year on my Warrior. We're breaking into Naxxramas, we have consistent people, and it might as well be a guild except we don't take people away from their own guilds and friends. We have over 11 guilds represented when we run our raids, and never once with a hiccup.

Good luck.