World of Warcraft...

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    I disenchanted all the Warlocks stuff and made 1200g off of the shards to finishing saving for a flying mount with BC. I never played him anyhow, and the Warrior is vastly more entertaining.

Pfft, most overpowered PvP class...and how much are nexus on your server....only 15g on Elune right now. I have quite a few purples and there is no way I could get 1200g from all of them.

Yep go PvPing if you are in a small guild, or even in a large guild for that matter. AV rep is really easy and the Rare PvP set isnt all that hard to get. Just loot everything and turn in Scraps/Crystals/Hides for AV and IF rep.

Put it this way for PvP gear, I have 7/8 T1 (passed on Chest to an alt cause he would use it) and do not wear a single piece of it. I have 3 items from PvPing and others elsewhere in the game. With +513dmg no one comes close to touching me on the meter most of the time.

Not sure how you save gold in BGs, I lost gold. Get little to none in BGs and none outside and still have to repair from getting smoked by the damn warmasters in AV (which sometimes the only time I died in AV).
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I looted everybody I killed, and made tiny amounts of silver over a period of weeks.

Nexus are worth about 90g on my server since I DEd all my 'Lock's equipment and then transferred to a new server a few weeks later with my Warrior.

As for my Warlock, I got really good with him before they were an absolute menace. It didn't matter who was facing me, or of what class with what gear, I usually won. Then they revamped deathcoil, and then I <i>never</i> lost.

That was a snooze after a while.
    edited November 2006
    I just cant stand it that I can die from 3 instant cast DoTs...
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    They just did some kind of overhaul on the WoW system. I think I read somewhere in the message boards that you can now go to level 70? Not sure about that.

I've had a problem since last night. I just got my Dwarf Hunter to level 10, then my gun wouldn't work anymore. I had ammo, and nothing else in my skills had changed, but my gun icon (Ornate Blunderbuss) in the bar at the bottom of the screen got a green highlight in it, and I could no longer left click a target and right click my gun icon to shoot at it with auto shot.

Just now, I moved my Concussive Shot and Auto Shot icons to the bar (taskbar?), and now I can once again left click a target and right click auto or concussive to fire at it.

What's that green highlight in my icon all about?

And, now and then, the game will either freeze on me, or the screen will go black for a few seconds and then I'll see my desktop with WoW in a tab on the taskbar, and I have to click the tab to reopen the game to where I was.

Starting a game session usually requires at least 2 times of clicking on the tab in the taskbar to get things started. I wonder if that is a computer issue?

I tried asking these questions on the WoW forums, but got little help. I also sent in a help ticket request to tech support, but they were pretty useless too.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Tim, the level 70 thing wont happen until the expansion is released, slated to hit on january 17. Only if you buy the expansion will you be able to level to 70, otherwise you're stuck at 60.

As for your gun problems, at level 10 hunters can tame pets. I'm guessing that maybe you tamed a pet and you might be looking at the pet toolbar instead of yours somehow. it would help if you posted a screenshot so we can see what you're looking at. just hit the prtscrn key while in game, you'll notice a short pause and then you'll find a jpg image in wow directory. post that sucker here so we can help you.
    edited November 2006
    I hit print screen and saved an image, but it comes up as a .tga file. Truevision something or other.. What program can open it?

I got the gun thing figured out today. My friend's character has gone from 21 to 26 in the past week, and he helped me today some. We got the gun thing figured out and replaced it with an autoshot icon.

He also did the 3 part pet training quest for me. I've got a wolf now, but he's only temporary.

I still have problems with the game locking up, and with the game suddenly going to black screen and minimizing itself whenever it feels like it.
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited November 2006
    Tim wrote:
    I hit print screen and saved an image, but it comes up as a .tga file. Truevision something or other.. What program can open it?

If you have Quicktime you can use the Quicktime Picture Viewer to view .tga files.
    edited November 2006
    I figured out the locking up problem. There's a repair utility in WoW, plus I read through an email I got from Blizzard, and it had a link in it that gave lots of tech help for various problems. There's 3 files in the WoW folder you can delete. It's like deleting your cookies or temporary internet files. Game didn't lock up on me once all day today!

I got up this morning at 11 am, and with little exception, played WoW until 8 pm tonight. Am I a loser?:scratch:

Nah, I just didn't feel like going outside, because it was cold and I didn't have anything specific to do anyhow.

I did get my Dwarf Hunter to level 12 and halfway to 13, a few days ago my friend helped me get started with pets, so I ended up with a wolf which I named BigDumbWolf, and he went from level 7 to 12 in the past few days. I noticed that once the pet gets to the same level as you, they don't earn XP points until you go up a level first.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Hey guys, my Hunter as it stands is not very good... I am curious if anyone could suggest some items I should try equipping... It's a 24 Night Elf Hunter. Almost 25, should be 26 sometime tonight. Dunno how I can show you guys what I have.... I know I saw something a while back.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    edited November 2006
    Oh god done use Quicktime.../shudder...Use Irfanview for petes' sake for saving screenshots to .jpg
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited November 2006
    mmonnin wrote:
    Oh god done use Quicktime.../shudder...Use Irfanview for petes' sake for saving screenshots to .jpg

:honoes: Why the animosity? :confused:
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I took about 4 months off, but have been back for a month now. I have always been horde side on Doomhammer. I have:

60 priest main, we're most of the way thru AQ40 and have taken tentative steps into Naxx, with no boss kills yet. Due to the time off I took, I'm only 5/8 Transcendence. 300 enchanter/herbalist, dropping herby for jewelcrafting come expansion. Have all the mats on hand to go to 300+ immediately.

60 warrior prot, I'm like 2nd tier call-up tank. We did MC with 20 on Friday night, thru Geddon, with me and 1 other warrior. This guy I have the most fun with but our guild (and server) is absolutely polluted with warriors. 300 miner/armorsmith

60 rogue - also lots of fun, revered with ZG so mostly ZG gear. Fast killz r us. Great farming toon. 300 herbalist/engineer

60 hunter - had been abandoned, other than tailoring, at lvl 46. Recently took him to 60 just for something to do. Core Marksman Rifle go boom. 300 tailor/skinner

60 shaman - actually my first 60, but at the time we had wayyy too many shamans so he got abandoned. Has crap blues and doesn't get played other than to use his alchemy 300.

In total, I have about 200 days /played including (lol) 4 days on my level 1 storage/auction toon. I gave away 4500g when I quit at the end of May, am back up over 1500g in a month, even in the very poor current economy. I will fly at level 70!

For anyone planning to play in the expansion and wanting to make a lotta dough fast, BUY GEMS CHEAP NOW and I mean all of them and I mean RIGHT now. I buy every Az Diamond, Huge Emerald, Blue Sapphire and Large Opal that I see for <5g on our server. They are gonna be 20+ for a while after the expansion comes out, as people buy them up to level jewelcrafting. Even the lower end gems, and ALL current metals, are going to see a big spike in price. I've got just under 2000 bars of all metals on hand, and 2 bags of gems, everything I dont use to level jewelcrafting will hit the AH.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I took a week off, which is nice because I just level from 24 to 26 in 2 hours with rested XP while also doing my job here at work haha. Gonna work on my Warrior, it would be nice to hit 32 on him.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Realm: Uldaman

Character: Nicea, 60 Paladin (I like to heal but not be squishy)

3/8 Lawbringer, 1/8 Judgement

Guild is currently stuck at the beginning of BWL. We can down Razorgore about 1 time in 10. Don't have the FR to progress past Vael ATM. We're also having a problem with raid attendance when we're not raiding MC.
    edited November 2006
    Ah, the beginning of BWL, where raid members pussy out and stop showing up en masse because "Vaelastrasz is hard" or "I can't afford repair bills" etc. Every guild goes through it. It'll happen when you start AQ40, and again when you get to the Twin Emps, and on every boss in Naxxramas.

Waaaah. ;[

In other news, clever choice in names, SMN. Fitting for Paladin. Go go spot healer!
    edited November 2006
    I'll feel a lot better about my roll in the Razor fight (which I actually a bit confused about, now, I'm still a nub 60) once I get the speed enchant on my boots. That'll finally make it possible for me to kite some of that stuff. Hopefully I'll be getting it tonight for the Razor/Vael attempt on Tuesday. I think I finally have enough fire resist to not get totally stomped on Vael by that silly constant AoE fire.
    edited November 2006
    They make you kite on Razorgore?

WTF. That's unholy.

What a waste of a good Paladin...
    edited November 2006
    *shrug* This is my first 60 and first raiding guild. How am I supposed to know if they're doing something wrong? Who usually kites? I'm so busy during this fight I really don't know what's going on most of the time. I heal the kiting warriors and hunters until someone yells something and then I start trying to get higher on the threat meter with the big kite (lead by a paladin). I don't really understand the reason for the paladin kite, I just do what I'm told :)

Only fought Razor about 5 times, still learning. Any tips from the more experienced would be MORE than welcome :)
    edited November 2006
    Hehe, I'm not suggesting that you're the clueless one. Like you, I'm just a peon in my guild too, but I've been in charge in my day, and I've found more than a few strategies that work and work well, but the Paladin kite is not one of them, because the Paladins are much better-dealt as spot-healers in the corners.

Here are the two basic strategies. Your guild can pick which one works.

Brute Force Strat:

Two groups each get dispatched to a corner, and after the Grethok the Controller and his cronies are deep sixed, every Orc that spawns is killed. Mages are killed first, then the Centurions. There's enough CC/healing in each corner to keep the momentum going, and healers can feel free to go all-out on the healing. The dragonkin are kited by Hunters with instant attacks, slept, and dragged around the room clockwise with warriors to pick up the rest of the slack. One person controls the orb the entire time.

Piercing Howl Kiting:

This one is more complicated. At the start of the fight, a largely expendable warrior will begin the fight. With boot enchants, he has to run clockwise around the room with all the orcs in tow, constantly piercing howling the mobs to keep them off. Every spare drop of rage he has, that isn't going to a Piercing Howl, goes to a demoralizing shout, or a battleshout if they reach a corner with groupmates. This Warrior will just gain more and more aggro from new mobs and old mobs as he runs, leaving spot-healers free to top off his health as he runs by.

The start of the orb controlling is done by another Warrior who will take the place of the warrior mentioned above, and this new warrior will be on the orb for TWO controls. Towards the middle of the second orb control sequence, this Warrior will run razorgore to the center of the room and fire off a fireball volley. Every mob in the room will aggro razorgore. Waiting until the volley cooldown is up, another volley is fired. Once this control ends, this warrior now has the aggro of every mob in the room and another (A third) Warrior needs to take his place immediately to finish the controlling stage of the fight (Predesignate this warrior). This warrior must do exactly the same thing as the Warrior that started the fight, to gain more and more aggro and kite them around.

As far as the dragonkins are concerned, the Hunters will kite them counter clockwise around the platforms. The Druids will sleep what the Hunters can't take, and once the Hunters and Druids can't take any more, the Warlocks will start CoS+Fearing the remaining dragonkin.

When all the eggs are gone, the warrior who finished the control will be the conflagration tank, and a last (Fourth) warrior will become the MT to keep razorgore occupied when the conflag tank is running around like a wussy. The last egg should be broken in one of the corners to the left or right of the control orb, so Razorgore is right there to be tanked when the orb control is done.

All told...
    The brute force tactic is much easier, but in <b>both</b> instances, the Paladins and Priests don't have to worry about aggro.
    edited November 2006
    <3 thanks for writing all of that up
    edited November 2006
    StainMeNow wrote:
    <3 thanks for writing all of that up

Glad I could help. If you and your guild runs into a bit of a stop in BWL and beyond, just let me know. I have no problem spreading the strategy love -- video games are communal. No reason why TOP SEKRAT LOLOL!1one should be stamped on strats.
    edited November 2006
    I've learned about and fixed my earlier WoW problems. I'm up to level 14 now.:thumbsup:

Had something strange happen last night. I was walking around Stormwind with my pet Wolf, named BigDumbWolf. I hopped on a gryphon to Sentinel Hill, and when I got there I had no pet. Even some of his icons were missing from my bar at the bottom of the screen (taskbar?).

So I flew back to Stormwind, and eventually found BDW in the stable. They ripped me off for 5 silver, and now it looks like they want 5 gold for him.

So I went out east of ironforge and got a snow lepoard and named him JingleBalls.;D

After getting killed in a fight with JingleBalls still on loyalty level 1, I thought he bailed on me, but after going through my talents screen and putting the Call Pet icon back on my taskbar (it disappeared again when I got killed), I was able to call him back. I wonder if that would work for BigDumbWolf also.

Any of you level 60's want to donate some gold to me? The largest money quest I've been on so far was only worth 11 silver, and I quit that one because I got killed too many times.

What information do you need to send me something, anyhow?
    edited November 2006
    Your pets disappear when you get on a gryphon. The call pet icon would've brought back your wolf. Your first stable slot is cheap, but not necessary if you only have one pet.

You never need to pay anyone anything to get a pet back.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited November 2006
    I am on Spirestone with a level 60 Horde druid

guild is working on Rag right now, only 1 try so far, this next run will be the 4th time running MC

Ony is on farm not 1 wipe on her, not even the first time.

AQ20 is on farm status

ZG is the same

exulted with both CC and the ZG tribe

revered with most other reps.(talk about a pain)

300 in all professions Cooking/Fishing/First Aid/Enchanting/Alchemy
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    we can't send you gold if we're not on the same server. get a mod called auctioneer, and learn sknning and herbalism, moeny comes easy
    edited November 2006
    I'm in the Andorhal realm. I have another character of the same name on Spinebreaker because a friend of mine plays on that realm, but I haven't done anything with that character yet.

I have skinning level 2 and herbalism level 1. I think I can train for my skinning level 3 now, as I'm currently rated 135 out of 150 in it.

When you get to higher levels of skinning, do you have a better chance of getting good leather instead of ruined scraps? So far I haven't seen much change in that.

I just got my level 17, and Jingle Balls (my snow leapoard kitty cat:bigggrin: ) is right behind me at 16. The last few nights, we've been killing a lot of level 13-16 animals near Sentinel Hill.

I make a lot of money (relatively speaking) from skinning animals and selling things I pick up, but not much from herbalism. I don't find herbs very often, and even then they sell for only 10 or 20 cents (copper) each. Haven't been doing too many quests. My last couple levels were earned by mass killings and getting XP from that.

When I got my level 17, I earned a rank. I became a Private. I had been wondering how many of the higher level players had gotten to be sergeants and majors and stuff like that. I thought you had to sign up as certain characters or something for that.
    edited December 2006
    Anyone got a list of how many XP points you need to get to each higher level, with either levels 1-60 or 1-70? I spent some time looking around on google but couldn't find any useful numbers.

Like 1000 points to go from level 1 to level 2, 2000 points from 2-3, 3000 points from 3-4, etc.
    edited December 2006
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited December 2006
    Has anyone looked at the WoW Trading Card Game yet? I play it with my friends. It's very true to the Video Game, and I have a Warlock deck that is slowly but surely becoming well built.