Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited June 2007 in Gaming
Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up tomorrow. Anyone else planning on getting one?

I'll probably pick up zelda and red steel also.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Isn't that what the littlest piggy cried all the way home?:honoes::dunce:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I do believe he (or she!) cried it at least twice. Possibly thrice.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    gonadsandstrifeob1.gif
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I stopped by my local Target today to see how many units they'd be getting. They said "at least 30." I figure I'll wake up around 8 or so and head over. If I don't get one, I'll try another store or two, but I'm not worried if I don't. They're going to be shipping a lot of units by the end of the year.
    edited November 2006
    here's a search that will tell you the allocations near you...
    http://wii.clambert.org/
    edited November 2006
    Awesome. The guy was right. It says "33." Sigh. We'll see if I can manage to get one.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Best Buys have a minimum of 40.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I'd give it a shot but I'm gonna have to wait till the next paycheck I think. Must.... play...... Zelda.....
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Damn it is hard to say no to Wii.... I'll wait and see what you guys have to say about it and hopefully it has some good online games.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I got two, Im playing zelda now its great, anyone who cant get one... which would suprise me lemme know.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    figure I'll wake up around 8 or so and head over. If I don't get one, I'll try another store or two, but I'm not worried if I don't.
    What, you mean you didn't camp out overnight and run with the thundering herd when the doors opened, braving thieves and thugs, just so you could have it a couple weeks before everyone else? Oh that's right, you've got a life outside of video games.
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited November 2006
    I've been playing my Wii nonstop since I got it, and it is a blast. The motion control is way better than I expected. And... Nintendo got it right, everyone's gonna want to play this, even my girlfriend picked it up in a couple rounds of tennis, and was actually enjoying it. Too bad I have to work all tomorrow GAH!!!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    So could someone consider it a better workout than sitting on your ass with a keyboard and mouse with the PC? :)

If so, I may have to pick one up fo'sho!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I just got back from work, on my way home I stopped by Target to get the FullMetal Alchemist Movie, but they were not open yet. This is the first time I have ever seen tents outside a building to wait for an item... a bunch of people were grouped together in front of the building and I asked if they were there for the Wii. I couldn't hold my chuckle in and left.... Most were probably not even waiting but an hour or 30 minutes, but those tents are for losers who have nothing better to do but wait in the cold all night for a game making a fool of themselves.

Sorry if that seems harsh, but I mean it... this and the Stars Wars crap is hilarious.If in a couple weeks when I do try to get one... if they are still out, I'll wait some more. At home. ;D
    edited November 2006
    I have some friends who camped out just for the hell of it. They got to our Best Buy at 10:30 last night with some chairs and sleeping bags. They're married, so they only wanted one console. They called me last night and said "if you're here by 8 when they hand out the tickets, you can have one of our spots." I responded with a "hell yeah!" and went to bed. Haha. Got up at about 7 this morning and met them up there.

Suffice to say, I have a Wii and it's currently installing updates. I won't get to play it until this evening. I have to go to the Bucs game. I really don't want to go. Not with how crappy we've been playing. Another story, though.

Oh, the Best Buy at 140 units. When they finished handing out tickets to those in line, they still had 8 left. People finally got there around 8:30 and got the last few. They opened the doors at 9 and let 25 people in at a time. You walk to a table, grab the games you want and ask for the accessories. Go to the register, hand them your Wii ticket and they get the console for you. Ring you up, and you're done. It was maybe a 5 minutes process for me. Well organized and planned. No pushing/shoving etc.

One guy did, though, say "I'm just here to shop." They let him in. He went to the accessory table, grabbed some stuff and went to the register where he was met with a "Nope!" It was kind of funny.

I can't wait to play Zelda tonight.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Just got back from Target... they didn't have my movie :( So I got a pedometer instead :P But while I was there I asked if they has anymore Wii's but they sold out.. this being 1.5 hours after opening. I don't know if I would have gotten one or not, but if there was like 1 left.... perhaps. Just to spite the next person who came in LOL! I'll just wait a couple more weeks, I don't really need it anyways. I have WoW and work.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited November 2006
    lol we are playing Wii sports right now, tennis is the ****
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Got one. Hookup tonight, and then an official short-media writeup. I walked my ass into Toys R Us at 12:30 this afternoon and bought the last one. All the Meijers (24 hour mega mart / department store, sort of like upscale Walmart or a 24 hour Target) were sold out at 12:10 AM last night (I tried four stores), and Walmart was out as well as the two local Targets, but Toys R Us had mine.

Wii!
    edited November 2006
    My car's battery died...and I can't/couldn't make it anywhere to buy one. sigh.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    yah, grand rapids area stores all had people waiting on every unit, if you didnt go out 5-8 hours early you wouldnt nab one. i waited at sams for like 5 hours
    edited November 2006
    ehhh...some stores are supposed to get a shipment this tuesday, others for black friday (not that I'll be going out to get one then).
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC']yah, grand rapids area stores all had people waiting on every unit, if you didnt go out 5-8 hours early you wouldnt nab one. i waited at sams for like 5 hours
    hey conrad, i might have to get that second unit u have there, i been at school, didn't have time to go to stores and wait in line for this stuff.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    shwaip wrote:
    My car's battery died...and I can't/couldn't make it anywhere to buy one. sigh.
    Did you double-check the thermal compound?
  • edited November 2006
    Got one. Hookup tonight, and then an official short-media writeup. I walked my ass into Toys R Us at 12:30 this afternoon and bought the last one. All the Meijers (24 hour mega mart / department store, sort of like upscale Walmart or a 24 hour Target) were sold out at 12:10 AM last night (I tried four stores), and Walmart was out as well as the two local Targets, but Toys R Us had mine.
    Wii!
    I did NOT need the mental image of you walking your ass... I think I am going blind. :-/
    edited November 2006
    Wii = Teh fun. Well implemented controls. Very cool. Wii Sports is hella awesome.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2006
    hmmm, we should all exchange friend codes when we figure it out. it'll be fun to have massive parades!! Time to read the manual now.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Must.. Resist.. Urge.. To troll the Wii owners.

Must..... Resist..

AGHFTYR&^#$ZXCZGRETWERF

//edit: :tongue2: just in case people missed it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    omg best console experience ever. room full of adults and kids having fun for hours. smiles all around. this is what nintendo intended with this thing. fun!
  • edited November 2006
    I picked up mine for little bro's xmas, and it's now chilling in my dorm room, still all pretty in the box.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    :banghead: :( :bawling:

Well it's not out in the UK until 8th December, but I pre-ordered mine through Game, the UK's biggest games chain, in the middle of October. I got an email on Saturday from them saying I won't be in the first allocation of consoles but they'll try their best to get one to me before Christmas.

It's always the same in the UK, oh I'm so upset!

~Cyrix