Wii Claims First Victim - A 60 Inch TV

WingaWinga MrSouth Africa Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Science & Tech
It seems somebody got a bit too excited with their Wii remote while playing Wii sports and managed to impale a 60-inch rear-projection TV.

This tragic tale with pictures can be found over at the Something Awful forum.
Apparently even the trusty wrist strap, designed to prevent such incidents couldn't stop this tragedy from unfolding.

Source: The Inquirer

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    OMG THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO - My son got a little carried away with Wii Sports baseball and actually pitched the Wiimote and it banged off the TV glass. Nothing was harmed, but I can see the potential for disaster......
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited November 2006
    I saw this possibility right away, I NEVER play without my little wrist strap on (I make everyone else use it too).
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited November 2006
    That's a funny story lol

Poor guy tho, it was a nice tv :(
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    OMG THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO - My son got a little carried away with Wii Sports baseball and actually pitched the Wiimote and it banged off the TV glass. Nothing was harmed, but I can see the potential for disaster......
    Look on the bright side, by the time he's ready for the big leagues he'll be worth millions. :thumbsup:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    OMG WIIIIIIII!!1!1!!!

I can't resist. sorry. In this day and age, I wonder how long it'll that some sue-happy Americans to bring forth a class action lawsuit?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    ...I wonder how long it'll that some sue-happy Americans to bring forth a class action lawsuit?
    I would bet that it would be measured in days and not months. :range:
  • jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
    edited November 2006
    Saw this on CNN today... Slow news day.