Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Comments

• SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited November 2006
    The Wii is amazing! Played it all day long yesterday, had lots of fun with Wii Sports, and ExciteTruck, and it's kinda cool cuz Red Steel multiplayer reminds me of Goldeneye multiplayer for some odd reason. I dunno, but all the games are fun. I finally started playing Zelda and it's good too, only about 2 hours into it tho. /me runs back to his Wii to play Twilight Princess
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    all Wii users should read this:

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35853

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2183346

just an afterthought. don't want anyone here at short-media short of a tv. lol

cheers.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    lets see some images!
  • edited November 2006
    Heard about that. I'm going to wrap electrical tape around my brother's wrist when he plays.
    edited November 2006
    good idea on the electrical tape. imagine losing a 60" plasma screen......i mean if whoever has one that is....
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Would you guys recommend Red Steel? If not, what should I get other than Zelda? (When I eventually find a store with a Wii or Thrii).
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited November 2006
    Wii's alot of fun, but I can see it getting old pretty fast. Theres only so much movement that I want to be doing while gaming....pretty much why i hate ddr. I thought gaming was intended for lazy people like me. Oh well wii is fun either way.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Heard about that. I'm going to wrap electrical tape around my brother's wrist when he plays.

Does he not have hair on his wrist? Good god that would hurt when it comes off...
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    i think i have tennis elbow, and my back is thrashed.
    edited November 2006
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC']i think i have tennis elbow, and my back is thrashed.

that doesn't sound too good.. :S?
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    You know, I think the Wii may just be the answer to the West's rising levels of child obesity lol

~Cyrix
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC']i think i have tennis elbow, and my back is thrashed.

Bwahaha! I swung too hard at a baseball yesterday and hurt my back. I feel somewhat retarded for that. But, I spent a lot of time playing Wii Sports. What a great game.

Also, if you want something that utilizes the motion senesitivity and other aspects of the Wii remote, check out Rayman: Raving Rabbids. It's a bunch of mini-games that really use the remote's capabilities. I can imagine if you get a group of 4 people together to play some of the games, you'd have a ball.

My opinion on the Wii: Fantastic.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2006
    A little warning as well, the $9.99 wiimote gel/rubber (blue, pink, black) thing that covers the wiimote for protection is great - BUT - the strap that it comes with snaps way too easy. I just broke it playing red steel.
    shwaip Would you guys recommend Red Steel? If not, what should I get other than Zelda? (When I eventually find a store with a Wii or Thrii).

Red Steel is alright. It wasn't as great as a thought. The whole FPS on wiimote is kinda hard. Controls are really hard to get used to.

I personally would recommend Trauma Center: Second Opinion. A great game, although frustrating at times.
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited November 2006
    haha yeah I pulled a muscle in my arm Sunday night playing Wii Sports, I think it might have been swinging to hard in baseball.
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited November 2006
    So does anyone understand the messaging system with the wii? apparently you can send your friends messeges and exchange miis once you have their wii code. its in the format xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx but i cant seem to figure it out.

we should make a list so we can all connect and stuff.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    edited November 2006
    Well me and MountainDew spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure this crap out - it is way less intuitive than Xbox Live. We got each other on the phone and typed in our respective Wii numbers, and then .... nothing.

We kinda gave up and said "well, check back later and we'll see what happens".

About 20 minutes later, my Wii (powered down), starting pulsating with a bright blue light. I turned it on and discovered that I finally had a message from Mountain Dew. I guess either the system is bogged down because it's new, or it just plain sucks and needs to be fixed by Nintendo.

On a side note: The Miis are totally unnecessary for all gameplay. You can attach them to messages, but they act merely as avatars, they do not tie you to an account of any sort.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited November 2006
    Yeah i got the same thing, Prime. I really hope it's not always gonna be like that. Only one of my buddies that stood in line with me (not overnight) got his Wii online, the other is a bit late to join the Wireless club AND he's still running 56k. I don't know if he could get online if he wanted to.

I have big hopes for the friends and messaging system. Hopefully they'll suck less in the future. :(

I think I'll post my Wii code and test it out some more :)
    edited November 2006
    Check out http://www.smashmywii.com/ some guy got one of the first Wii's, then smahed it up outside the shop in front of all the other people waiting in line. Teh funny :D

~Cyrix
    edited November 2006
    far too funny for words. however, i already saw the video.....good stuff

cheers.

-isi
    edited November 2006
    I'm Visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. Brought the Wii with me. We probably spent a good 6 hours total today playing Wii Sports. What a fantastic console.

My mom was pretty much done after a lot of bowling. So, we started a tennis match. She didn't want to stop. Haha. We played for a while after that. If this were a normal button-pressing sort of game, they would have been done with it before we started.

Nintendo has surely accomplished what they were aiming for with this console. My dad is thinking about buying one, and my sister went out looking for one today. She couldn't find one, but everyone is excited about this thing.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Got Zelda and a second Wiimote today. Played Wii golf with my dad and brother-in-law, and then a few games of bowling with my mom and sister. Everyone loves it. Can't say that about any other gaming systems I've got.

Guitar Hero 2 comes close (mom tried it) but the Wii wins hands down when it comes to getting everyone involved.
    edited November 2006
    So who's still having trouble finding a Nunchuk attachment?! I've been all over and cannot find one.
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited November 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    So who's still having trouble finding a Nunchuk attachment?! I've been all over and cannot find one.

I can't find one either, I grabbed the last two wiimotes at a target, but the nunchuck is MIA.
    edited November 2006
    No nunchuk here either :-/
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited November 2006
    I got all that I needed on launch day, but that's prolly cause I was there early. :p
    edited November 2006
    Oh, I could have gotten everything launch day as well. I just figured I'd be able to walk into the store a few days later and pick up a nunchuk no problem. Obviously that's not the case. I've found plenty of remotes, but no nunchuks.
    edited December 2006
    Wii day in Europe! Any of you guys getting one? :D
    edited December 2006
    Had one on pre-order since 12th October. Unfortunately that was about a week too late to get one on release day. I'll have it by Christmas and I was going to save it until then anyway.

Having that party game that comes with the extra controller (it's only $5 than the Wiimote alone), Zelda, Red Steel, the Wario Party game, and hopefully some surprises off my family & girlfriend.

Can't wait!!

~Cyrix