My talents are lost on Mii creation

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2006 in Gaming
I think I actually have made some really hilarious Miis, but dammit if I can't figure out a way to get them onto a computer so I can share my dumb little talent with the world :crazy:

If anybody on my friends list has access to some kind of screen capture, please let me know :D

I've GOT an ATI all-in-wonder, and you'd think I'd be able to figure out a way to do a screen grab, but for some reason I just can't. Anybody have any clues? I have ATI MMC 9.08 and a Radeon AIW 7500.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    do you have this button?

It says the shortcut is ctrl-ins if you don't.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, but it doesn't do anything. I press ctrl-ins, or I click that icon, and nothing... I search the whole HD and can't find any image files created.

I was seeing something about the "stills library" but I cannot find it anywhere!

The ATI MMC software pretty much sucks, on a side note.
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited December 2006
    Try Gadwin Printscreen 3.5.

Datsun 1600
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, but it doesn't do anything. I press ctrl-ins, or I click that icon, and nothing... I search the whole HD and can't find any image files created.

I was seeing something about the "stills library" but I cannot find it anywhere!

I've had that happen to me before, too. Unfortunately, I can't remember how I fixed it (or if it just fixed itself). I can corroborate your story, though :)

Isn't there a way to tell it to save in a specific folder? Not sure, I might be remembering PowerDVD's similar interface. You could always try a different TV Tuner software and see if it has capture ability. I can't remember if DScaler does, but it's the only free TV Tuner that comes to mind.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Can you save Miis to a memory card? Seems you can save them to everything else.
    edited December 2006
    Datsun: thanks for the suggestion, but screenshot software won't work because as far as windows is concerned, it's just a black box. The card's hardware takes over and puts the composite image on the screen (i.e it doesn't get drawn by the video card, and thus is not visible to windows) so I need capture software that can see the hardware itself :)
    edited December 2006
    Buddy J: I haven't found a way to save Miis. You can only attach them to emails (which don't show up when you send them to a non-Wii email address - i already tried it) as little face icons.

See, it's really very important that I get this figured out, because I made a shorty Mii that is really great, and I just have to share it with you guys :p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Try hypersnap DX?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    www.miiplaza.net is just taking pictures of their creations, so I'm not entirely sure there IS a way to do it...perhaps you should put your SLR to work on the TV? *shrugs
    edited December 2006
    Just start doing an inverted wood etching, then you can apply ink and press the etching onto paper. You could then repeat the process for all forum members, and mail us copies.

I'll wait patiently over the next fortnight for my copy.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2006

On mine it pops up another window that asks if you want to save it or do other things with it. I have 9.15 though.
    edited December 2006
    Maybe I'll update to 9.15
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited December 2006
    PrimeS - Found this on youtube don't know if it helps
    I used a device called the Canopus ADVC-100 (now the ADVC-110) to record the video and audio output from my television to the FireWire port in my Intel iMac. I used iMovie HD to record directly to my hard drive. Then I just exported for the web and loaded it here. Simple!

the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpiHNydyKXk

And for those who haven't found these already

Easter Eggs

Photo Viewer Hint Cat!
    While in the menu of the photo viewer, a cat should walk across the top title bar.
    If you catch the cat with the Wiimote by clicking on him before he runs away, he tells you secrets and tips about the Wii.

Fireballs In Wii Shop
    While a game is being downloaded in the shop channel mario or luigi will run across the screen. Sometimes they will have the fire flower outfit. If they do you can press B to make them shoot fireballs.

Unlockables

192 Piece Puzzle
    At the puzzle piece selection screen hold down the 1 button and an option for a 192 piece puzzle appears.
    edited December 2006
    I have no problem capturing video. I guess for now I'll have to capture the video and then grab a frame from the video. A lame process, but it'll have to do.

Any tips for good grab software that'll capture a frame from windows media player?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Fraps? You could also use Media Player Classic and capture from that.
    edited December 2006
    Well yeah. I had to capture it as a video and then use hypersnap to take a shot of the video playing... :-/

me mii:

prime_mii.jpg
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2006
    Haha, Prime's got some awesome Miis running around, Shorty's is great. There's even one of Borat, but I think IGN's rendition was better! :p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Well yeah. I had to capture it as a video and then use hypersnap to take a shot of the video playing... :-/

me mii:

prime_mii.jpg

Holy ****ing crap.
    edited December 2006
    Kentigern PMed me with a different way to get a screen cap from a video:
    Kentigern wrote:
    Here is the free and simple way to capture Images from Windows Media Player that I use.

1) Open Window Media Player
    2) Then go to Tools | Options
    3) In Options, select the Performance Tab
    4) Way below you click on the Advanced Button
    5) Uncheck “Use Overlays’
    6) Click Ok

Run your movie in any size or screen resolution. Use the standard ‘Print Screen Key’ and you have captured a snapshot from movie on windows media player without using any special multimedia software.

OR Instead of the Print Screen - try pressing “CTRL+I”. This pops up a save as window after capturing the screenshot (My preferred method)

Please note

Disabling the overlays will result in poor playback performance on some machines. So Not a good long term solution.

Another way (not tried personally)

After you open Window Media Player.
    Go to Tools | Options | Performance Tab.
    Reduce the “Video acceleration” from the default Full to None,
    click ok and then close down media player.

Next open the file you want to take a still from - using the Print Screen method - press ALT and the PrintScrn key to copy an image of media player to the clipboard.

regards Kentigern
    edited December 2006
    See, it's really very important that I get this figured out, because I made a shorty Mii that is really great, and I just have to share it with you guys :p

So where's this Shorty Mii?
    edited December 2006
    I'll post it tonight :rarr:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Awesome! I gotta find a way to capture mine now . . .
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    So eight days later and no Shorty Mii... C'mon slacker!! Get it in gear!!
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Tut tut Brian.

I found this article, which may help with putting Wii's onto your computer a bit easier?

Mii's Mobilize for Migration from Your Desktop via Bluetooth. It links to this site which is great for all Wii-related hacking and stuff
    What we have here is brand new way to grab fancy looking Miis from right off of your desktop. Using your Wii Remote and a desktop bluetooth connection you can grab various Mii's from places like the Mii Transfer Station and then using the Mii transfer program you can transfer the Mii to your Wii Remote and then to your Wii itself. All using Bluetooth. LiquidIce gives a full step by step rundown of the procedure...

"MiiTransfer is a small application for reading and writing data to the internal memory of the wiimote. Using this app you can easily transfer mii's from your wiimote to your pc, and back to your Wii. This is exciting, because now Wii hackers can begin trading Mii's using sites such as WiiModWii's Mii Transfer Station: http://www.wiimodwii.com/miis/ This was all made possible due to efforts by marcan and the author of WDML (WiiMote Data Management Library)."

Obviously most of this is still in the infancy stage, but already I can see the potential for some fun to be had. Between the lightsaber sounds, Mii transfer, and punching holes in TV screens, the Wii Remote is showing us new sides itself everyday.

~Cyrix
  • edited December 2006
    thanksssssssssssssssss
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    ... still no Shorty Mii ... :nudge:

~Cyrix
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I know why this is ;)

At the moment, I'm helping Brian fix a customers exchange server and I think he wants to keep me on his good side :p

:D
    edited December 2006
    i've not touched the Wii in over two weeks :( This makes me very sad. I'm just..... too busy :-/
    edited December 2006
    I always find time to touch my Wii.

Ahem, or at least, that's what I would say if I managed to find one for sale.
    edited December 2006