World of Warcraft...

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    checkmate wrote:
    Has anyone looked at the WoW Trading Card Game yet? I play it with my friends. It's very true to the Video Game, and I have a Warlock deck that is slowly but surely becoming well built.

Run away! lol
  • edited December 2006
    Malenkai - Tanaris - Level 26 (?) - Warrior Dwarf
    Malenkai - Chromaggus (PvP) - Level 10 - Mage Dwarf
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2006
    I've been playing my warrior a lot lately. He could be 60 pretty quickly if I really wanted it, but I've been collecting some gear to twink him out for the 50-59 battlegrounds. Warrior PvP is just so damn fun!

I plan on pretty much abandoning my warlock and my warrior will become my main. I'll eventually get him switched to another server because on Medivh horde there's almost no guilds between the point of breaking into Blackwing Lair and guilds that are farming it. All of this crap started with the patch that introduced Ahn Quiraj amd the war effort that came with it. Long story. :range:
  • edited December 2006
    Not sure how well Piercing Howl Kiting will work from tomorrow, hear that skill is getting a big nerf along with a lot of the other crowd control stuff.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Easymode HWL gear GOGOGO.
  • edited December 2006
    Just downloading the patch now, should be done in about 10 minutes. Looking forward to new imba lock talents!
  • sim2340sim2340 Bisley,Woking,Surrey
    edited December 2006
    Bloody good game best ever!
    Allmost been addicted lol life got in the way.

lv40 Hunter- Mordorhunter
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    TheGr81 wrote:
    I've been playing my warrior a lot lately. He could be 60 pretty quickly if I really wanted it, but I've been collecting some gear to twink him out for the 50-59 battlegrounds. Warrior PvP is just so damn fun!

I plan on pretty much abandoning my warlock and my warrior will become my main. I'll eventually get him switched to another server because on Medivh horde there's almost no guilds between the point of breaking into Blackwing Lair and guilds that are farming it. All of this crap started with the patch that introduced Ahn Quiraj amd the war effort that came with it. Long story. :range:

You mean there is a way to server swap a character?
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, implemented months ago. $25 and you can go to any server not tagged full. You can't do it again for 90 days.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Yeah, implemented months ago. $25 and you can go to any server not tagged full. You can't do it again for 90 days.

Wow, that must've got put in after I stopped playing. I would've done it for sure had I known about it since I had friends on other servers I would have played with. O well.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited December 2006
    RWB wrote:
    Just curious who all is still playing this, what server your on and character names. I've been playing for a couple days now with some buds of mine. I am on Cho'Gall Realm playing as either Daedelmarn or Talle, which are levels 23 and 7 :)

1 1/2 years, 3 accounts, 4 60's, and 35 xtra lbs. o.O..

I have played wow alot over the past year or so..before i started playing i use to hold my nose up to people that played wow..even would make fun of them.After starting my own gaming clan (Dirty South Gamers) and running a TeamSpeak server for years i would always have people come into my TS.Many of them wowuld be warcraft players.after many months of seeing the same guys come in and out i got to know the pretty well.to make a long story kinda short these guys i met finally talked me into tring the game out.I searched thru my stack of PC Gamer mags and found the trial for WoW(loved that it was on DvD btw :) Once i started the game and watched the intro i was getting into it.get in game,make my toon and from there i was HOOKED!
    Almost everyday since then i have played WoW.I have become what i use to hate(wow nerds) So many of my friend dont see how i can play this"lame a** game".

Anywho after all of the questing and epic raids i have givin the game up.This month i cancelled my account so all my toons sit in IF.It has been a nice run but i am not that pleased with Patch 2.0. I enjoyed being able to read World LFG channel to quickly find a group.But with the changes it seems that the new LFG interface grabs random people to throw into your group..Blah Blah Blah..Dont mean to rant but that is one biggy on why i have left the game.Seems when i get ingame now i just dont have that Desire to stay ingame for aslong as i use too.

Main server: Cenarius Alliance 60 Mage Sololock, 60 Mage Sololockback(both Gnomes) , 55 Huntard Solow, 54 Huntard Sololok(both Dwarfs) :D many many other toons also but these are my mains..and my fav name for my Warr Gnomerpyle

So BC is suppose to be comming out next year.maybe that will have content to get me playing again or maybe it wont either way it was goodtimes gaming with the guild..

/Moo :wave:
  • edited December 2006
    i played for a year and a half, then i got boored and now i'm looking to play guild wars or everquest 2. but i can't get the play the fae to work on my comp =(. oh well, guess i'll just have to buy guild wars and play it to find out if i like it. anywho, had a 60 pally on twisting nether and 2 19 twinks with full enchants. pally name was arlann.
  • edited December 2006
    WoW is the most addicting game in the history of man kind. i played that game non stop when i bought it and it can really ruin your life, that dosn't mean it's not fun. but what MMORPG isn't a little addicting?
  • edited December 2006
    yeah you'r e right playing wow is so very addicting....I find it very nice and very challenging.....you"ll find alot of friends.... i just started playing wow just this week...and it's owesome...I'm on a free trial as of now....
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I had Skinning and Herbalism as my professions. I was selling leather to vendors, and never found much in the way of herbs, probably because I had the beast / humanoid trackers on all the time and was killing for XP and leveling up. I'm a 24 now and so is my pet cat (snow lepoard).

Last week I read on the WoW forums about Mining. So I dumped Herbalism, picked up Mining, and at the same time I started selling all my stuff on the Auction House. I'd compare prices on stuff, then price my thing just a bit below that. Only if things didn't sell on the AH first would I dump them on the vendors for cheap prices, just to get rid of them and make room for new stuff I picked up.

I sold quite a few stacks of 20 Copper Bars, then some Tin Bars, Bronze Bars, and a few Silver Bars. And other things too, like light leather and other stuff.

In the past week, my money went from 1 Gold and change to a little over 17-1/2 Gold!

Strange thing - with the Mining tracker on all the time, I have come across more herbs than I ever saw before. Can't get them now, of course, but at least I know they are out there.

A good place to start mining copper (and herbs) is all up and down the western shore of Westfall (west of Sentinel Hill). I find that if I run along the top edge of the ridge, just about all the ore on the beach or the land in that area comes across my mini-map and I get it. My best run down the length of the Westfall beach got me 105 Copper Ores, 9 Tins, and 4 Silvers in less than 2 hours.

Only annoyance is the ore veins that show up, but you can't find them anywhere. Usually happens in the same spots over and over again.
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, those are ore veins that spawn under the world.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Harudath, level 60 night elf hunter, almost full epic and i'm on shadowsong, happy drooling :)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Gold! I need it. Where's the best place to farm at level 60? I want my epic mount. Hehe.
    edited December 2006
    Depends on your class..

If you're a Warlock/Mage/Rogue/Hunter, do Tyr's Hand. Everyone else should go to the chapel side of SM and run it solo over and over and over, selling everything you find to a vendor.

//EDIT: You might also try farming Felcloth from Jadefire Run in Felwood.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    making money isn't hard, made 1000g in a week and if someone like me can do that so can you.
  • edited December 2006
    Having fun with the new talents but thinking about another respec just to get things how I want.

Huntards need a nerf, silencing shot and 1200 damage auto shots convinced me to start an alt.
  • Calypso01Calypso01 Paradise
    edited December 2006
    how i can change my password in WOW?
  • edited December 2006
    Account management on the wow site, you can change your password there.
  • edited August 2007
    Wired wrote:
    Malenkai - Tanaris - Level 26 (?) - Warrior Dwarf
    Malenkai - Chromaggus (PvP) - Level 10 - Mage Gnome

Warcraft bump FTW :)

Looks like in 8 months I've been a bit busy...

Malenkai - Tanaris (PvE) - Level 58 - Warrior Dwarf (Haven't played char in months)
    Malenkai - Chromaggus (PvP) - Level 70 - Mage Gnome (Main)

Multiple alts on Chromaggus, trying to down Attunmen w/ guildies ATM, no luck :(
    edited August 2007
    Update: I quit WoW 6 weeks ago. Yay.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited August 2007
    My account expired late April and I haven't paid to get it back online yet. I'm starting to miss tanking though, my warrior was great...

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Medlock

...stupid dps ring. Should be an epic tank ring.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Update: I quit WoW 6 weeks ago. Yay.

Sledge commends the Thrax and gives him the shinny penny award...

attachment.php?attachmentid=23822&stc=1&d=1187636038
    edited August 2007
    WoW is a great game. I will admit that until the very end. I just completed all the things there were to do at the time, without a sharp increase in time investment. So the return on what I was willing to invest was poor.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, but there is another expansion on the way, so I might have to return to see how they did Northrend.
    edited August 2007
    More items, more professions, more levels, more raid bosses, more grinding!

Wait, that was Burning Crusade.