How to offer coupon codes?

edited December 2006 in Internet & Media
I've seen websites that had branded coupon codes that offer 10-20% off on major brand names and e-tailers. For example, website aabbcc.com might have a code, aabbcc that you can enter in a bunch of different stores and get a discount. I'm sure there is some sort of revenue sharing there. How do I get into that? I want to offer a discount code to stores on my website. Is there a place where one can sign up for that and then pick from lists of stores?

Thanks,
Daxx

Comments

• edited December 2006
    seems to me you'd have to go talk to the stores and get an agreement with them as to what they'd discount and how much they'd discount. they might not work with you on that unless you can show that the ads for those store on your site generate a large amount of sales for them, but hey one of them might be willing to talk.

this isn't so much a programming question as it is a business relationship question.
  • edited December 2006
    lightnin wrote:
    this isn't so much a programming question as it is a business relationship question.

Yeah, but there doesn't seem to be a forum category for this type of web developement (the business end) question.

Thanks for the answer though. I thought about that but I figured there just had to be an easier way.
  • edited December 2006
    yeah a lot of people get lost on the business aspect of web dev... which is really the most important aspect IMHO.

hey if you DO find an easy way to find an 'in' with e-tailers... let us know...