What is your Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer, Version 3

danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
edited December 2006 in Hardware
This thread is based on the old thread started by kingfisher from exactly two years ago. It is time for this thread again.

What is your favorite motherboard manufacturer now. I originally said that I would be Abit for life, but that was before all of what happened to them.

Sorry about the duplicate new thread, but it seems I exceeded the time limit for adding a new poll.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I cleaned up your dupe thread.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited December 2006
    Thank you.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited December 2006
    Wow, this thread isn't getting much attention.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited December 2006
    Short-media seems dead recently.

I said it once and I will say it again. Tyan pwns all.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I've been very pleased with all the Supermicro boards I've had.

-drasnor :fold:
  • edited December 2006
    It would be good if server/professional and enthusiast class board manufacturers are separated, because evaluation criteria are not same. ASUS produces in both classes and can be considered in both categories, but Tyan does not produce enthusiast boards. My favorite enthusiast board manufacturer is ABIT, server class motherboard manufacturer is ASUS. I will only vote for ABIT in the list assuming we are voting for enthusiast boards.
  • OrianeOriane Turn around.
    edited December 2006
    GrayFox wrote:
    Short-media seems dead recently...

Uhm, I don't know how many of SM are college students, but it is nearly the end of semester. Then I suppose the older folk are busy shopping computer stuff to give their kids too. :)

Umm, I wasn't fair. Personally I've used only ASUS- so that's what I voted. I have a socket A that is 5 years old and is now folding-only and my 939 seems to have a bit of everything on it and in it.

... back to the books ....
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Oriane wrote:
    Uhm, I don't know how many of SM are college students, but it is nearly the end of semester.
    Totally describes me right now. Just got out of my last final :rockon:.

-drasnor :fold:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    It all depends,
    a machine for my wife, needs to be rock solid, either ASUS or MSI
    a machine that I want to rock with, used to be ABIT, now DFI

A lot of hte guys on your list run hot and cold. One mobo they build is considered a contender, but another model is DoA. That doesn't cut in my book.
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited December 2006
    Still buy Abit, currently have 8 of their boards.

Datsun 1600
  • athalonheadathalonhead Member
    edited December 2006
    I have had good luck with asus. For my new computer I wanted to go DFI but I ended up with a A8N-E.
    This computer in this sig has been totally stable with the A7N8X. Over a year on this windows install and it hasent slowed down or goten glitchey.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Previously my answer would have been Abit. Since 2003 I've been building with Abit, MSI, and Asus. The Asus boards have totally eclipsed Abit and MSI in performance and have matched MSI and clobbered Abit in reliable, stable operation.

Danball, thanks for the thread. This type of thread always stands for updating.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, ABIT lost all their good engineers to DFI, and the Abit boards have been mediocre or ordinary since; a far cry from the KX7-333R/NF7-S 2.0 days.