AMD back of the bus?

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited December 2006 in Hardware
I'm not trying to start trouble or anything so don't even think about it. I just read this and it makes sense to me now. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

"AMD, we are told, was advised to stick with the standard SOI technology for its first ramp of 300mm wafers at Fab 36. With Intel adopting its "second generation" strained silicon process for 65nm production, AMD could well be seeking a renewed advantage with sSOI at the 45nm node."
http://www.fabtech.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=765

So question is ...when do we see 45nm from AMD?

Comments

• Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited December 2006
    csimon wrote:

Datsun 1600
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Probably six months after Intel.

Even though I own exclusively Intel now, NO, I am not an Intel fanboy. AMD is a remarkable competitor given their enormous disadvantage to Intel in capitalization and manpower. I hope they can catch up technologically within the next 18 months.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Probably six months after Intel.

Even though I own exclusively Intel now, NO, I am not an Intel fanboy. AMD is a remarkable competitor given their enormous disadvantage to Intel in capitalization and manpower. I hope they can catch up technologically within the next 18 months.
    Well said Leo.