Looking for a Tablet PC

AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and HubrisAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited January 2007 in Hardware
So I was talking to one of my co-workers today and she asked me about which tablet PC I would recommend to her. Honestly, I've never given a second thought to tablet PCs and have no idea which ones to recommend. So I came here for the sage-like advice of the SM community :)

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2007
    at work we use HP TC4200's and TC4400's

TC4200 - Centrino 1.7GHZ, 14inch swivle screen, standard with a 60 or 80gb hdd, bluetooth, wireless G, stylus, can function like a normal laptop, then just swivle the monitor around and close it as you would in laptop mode, only with the screen pointed outward for full tablet mode.

TC4400 - Core 2 Duo 1.8GHZ, looks almost identical to the TC4200 only this one has biometric scanner for authentication on the side of the screen.

they are OK tablets, anythign beats the old TC1100 we had ewwwww. i woudl damn my worst enemy with a TC1100.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    Armo, I have to ask....(Sorry, folks... I realize this is a non sequitur.... I just gotta know....)
    Where in heavens name did you get that...video clip....that plays in your signature!!! I find it both, well,....disturbing a-n-d yet, facinating at the same time, I can't take my eyes off 'it.........!!!!! :wow2: :wow2: :wow2:
  • nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
    edited January 2007
    Small tip for you Pterocarpous :)

You can always right click on it and untick Play if it distracts you that much :)
    edited January 2007
    nonstop301 wrote:
    Small tip for you Pterocarpous :)
    You can always right click on it and untick Play if it distracts you that much :)
    Thanx I didn't know that. I don't think I can do as you suggested, though.... It's like I'm a moth drawn to the fire....... :eek:
    Really, though. I like it. I really am interested in where he found it...

PS: It's no feat. I'm easily distracted... :cheers:
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Stop jackin' my thread, boys!

*breaks out the whip*
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    StainMeNow wrote:
    Stop jackin' my thread, boys!

*breaks out the whip*

When pronouns attack. ;D

/me hijacks more.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    SMN,
    I have seen one of the new Toshibas, with the flip over screen. I haven't used it, but the guy said that he liked it. No major issues.
    edited January 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    When pronouns attack. ;D

* Thrax hijacks more.
    Ducking as we speak! I may stick around for the whips, though..... :p
  • sgtwilliamssgtwilliams Grand Rapids MI
    edited January 2007
    Have used the toshibas for a medical practice and Electronic Medical Records (templating, etc) for quite a while.

The older T3500s were ok, but slower.
    The newer M200s faster.

The problem I found is that in order to use a tablet, you want max life and lightweight.

but with power saving settings enabled, it was too pokey for my preferences. I would rather carry an anchor that I can work on than a lightweight "sexy" tablet that I cant.

Newer Toshiba beyond that, no opinion.

Fujitsu, nice small slow.

Compaq, real slow ,too proprietary for support. (but "sexy") the removable KB is a cool feature, that I NEVER used!