THE (final) SHORT-MEDIA LAN #1 THREAD

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2004 in Community
Well folks here it is:

<center>The first ever gathering of the short-medians.

SHORT-MEDIA LAN #1

May 28th-30th, 2004

Maximum capacity: 60 people, registration on a first come-first served basis
Registration Fee: $20 US per person
Games: TBA
Please PM primesuspect for registration and information

Lodging Notes:

I have room for 4 people at my personal abode. First-come, first-served. PM me for reservations ;)

Floor space is available at Deebe's. if you really don't mind sleeping on a hard floor. Bring a pillow!</center>

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Booking a room at shez Ambrozy please :D
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited October 2003
    $20.00 USD registration cost, or $20.00 in whatever currency you have on you at the time?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    SimGuy said
    $20.00 USD registration cost, or $20.00 in whatever currency you have on you at the time?

Good point. US Dollars. Post edited.

I feel really bad about having to charge a reg. fee, but this thing is gonna cost some major coin to throw together . We have to rent furniture, buy some more equipment for infrastructure, drive people to and from the airport, etc.

We're currently hoping to get some industry sponsorships. I plan on offering a door prize, so you'll get SOMETHING for your money, besides the honor of meeting your fellow short-medians face to face ;)

Pseudonym has a big ol' van - it is being christened the "Short-Media Short-Bus Shuttle" for travel to and from the local Taco Bell ;)
    edited October 2003
    Shorty said
    Booking a room at shez Ambrozy please :D

Thank you for your reservation, m'lord. You'll be staying in room 2 (of 3). Mind the children running about your feet. Oh, and please excuse the cat - he does so love to sleep on people's faces.

;)
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Brian,

First of all, many and i mean MANY thanks for even considering to fix something like this. My Colorado Avalanche cap is off my head for a while for you (which is rare).

Second, $20 is peanuts compared to the time and quite possibly the amount of money you have to fork out.
    I am trying like hell to down this trip buddy. My tickets was as of yesterday $700 but i dont care, I HAVE to do this.

Good man!
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited October 2003
    Hmmm. how much are flights from UK to Detroit :(

Better stop drinking beer & save my pennies :)

Jim
    edited October 2003
    hahah marcus, you'd better leave that hat at home, you'll get killed for wearing that in Hockeytown.

I have a special trip planned for you, Mack, you'd better try to make it ;)

Just out of curiousity, if you could see a Wings game, would you rather see them play Boston, or Chicago? ;)
    edited October 2003
    Im just checking it out now Jim :)

//EDIT// Around £250 - £300 :)
  • DOSMANDOSMAN Grand Rapids, MI
    edited October 2003
    I'm interested, but not quite sure yet if I want to go.

I kind of gave up on the old Icrontic community when it split. It sounds like fun, but some more info (like what games, etc) would help.

EDIT: BTW, I live in Grand Rapids so the trip would be nothing. :D
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited October 2003
    MM is going to lean on his clients for all the swag he can lay his grubby little mitts on. I've even got an Athlon64 board that may find its way there. :)
    edited October 2003
    primesuspect said
    hahah marcus, you'd better leave that hat at home, you'll get killed for wearing that in Hockeytown.

I have a special trip planned for you, Mack, you'd better try to make it ;)

Just out of curiousity, if you could see a Wings game, would you rather see them play Boston, or Chicago? ;)

I dont care if it is the Islanders i have to see, as long as i can get the chance to see a NHL game live at the arena, ANY team will do.

Can you get some plates?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I cant make it but i want to put a bid in for SM lan #2 In Fl some place!
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    DOSMAN said
    I'm interested, but not quite sure yet if I want to go.

I kind of gave up on the old Icrontic community when it split. It sounds like fun, but some more info (like what games, etc) would help.

EDIT: BTW, I live in Grand Rapids so the trip would be nothing. :D

There will be a thread going up within a few about what games are going to be running, and any suggestions from participants. Currently we are looking at UT (Of course), BF1942, Halo (Pc and Xbox, o my!!), HL2, C&C, Warcraft, JK, R63, etc etc.

We'll have to determine which ones we want as offical Tourneys (Prolly UT and HL2) and which ones are just for fun.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    SimGuy said

Hey SimGuy, are you going? If so, how are you getting down there? Driving to Windsor could lighten the cost considerably.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    It'll be good to meet all of you. Especially Shorty and Mack, the two people I look up to the most here. :D

You guys have to come.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I'll try to throw together a trip up there for myself and CBDroege. Possibly Zanthian and CrazyJoe0813 as well (two of our friends who are members here but haven't posted). We're fine sleeping on the floor at sarcnet; we're used to it from LANWAR accommodations...
    edited October 2003
    Thrax said
    It'll be good to meet all of you. Especially Shorty and Mack, the two people I look up to the most here. :D

You guys have to come.

:wtf: You look UP to shorty? :scratch: :confused2
    edited October 2003
    Figuratively, of course! ;D
    edited October 2003
    Here we go again :wtf:
    edited October 2003
    Funny, I was just thinking that. You know what else is funny? Even if it was simple, by nature it was a higher thought. ;D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    MediaMan said
    MM is going to lean on his clients for all the swag he can lay his grubby little mitts on. I've even got an Athlon64 board that may find its way there. :)

:eek2: Does that mean that even MM is coming?? I'm bringing my camera!! :p I definitely can't miss it now! I've already got my 20 in to Brian.
    edited October 2003
    I´m looking forward to extend this picture with the bunch from Short-Media Lanparty January 9-11 (I just hate those numbers, they seem to pop up everywhere): BTW, i was standing on a stool ;D

PS: Thanks for the kind words Thrax, you have made my pretty miserable day much better with your kind words :)
    edited October 2003
    Right on Mack!

I want a load of class action pictures :D:D:D:D

512mb memory card to fill!
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited October 2003
    Shorty said
    Im just checking it out now Jim :)

//EDIT// Around £250 - £300 :)

Hmm straight after Xmas, I probably wont be able to stretch to that I'm afraid. :(

Jim
  • edited October 2003
    Prime, I have a table (Fits 2-3 people/computers) and 6 folding ( :fold: ) chairs I could bring. Lemme know if you could use them.

I will be coming, and quite possibly RyThom, and a third.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited October 2003
    Mackanz said

I dont care if it is the Islanders i have to see, as long as i can get the chance to see a NHL game live at the arena, ANY team will do.

Can you get some plates?

I HATE being the bearer of bad news, but the wings are away that saturday night. :grumble:

They play the wednesday before, and the wednesday after, so keep that in mind when you get plane ticket.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited October 2003
    TBonZ said
    SimGuy said

Hey SimGuy, are you going? If so, how are you getting down there? Driving to Windsor could lighten the cost considerably.

It really depends on what the weather is like there. If its ****ty outside and everything's snowed in, probably not going at all.

If I am going, I'll be driving down.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    RSVP for Norge and myself. I will pay $20 to see all you guys and to have some fun. He prolly wont like it but I dont think that will stop him.
  • MarsupialMarsupial Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    edited October 2003
    I don't know about bringing my rig south of the border and back... that will most likely get me into troubles... how about having a LONG wire to get another part of the lan party in Windsor, ON? that would be coooool!
    edited October 2003
    If I could ask everyone right now to PM me with your definite confirmation, I would appreciate it. I'm collecting the reservations in my PM box.....