Logitech G7

sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
edited February 2007 in Hardware
Has anyone here got (or atleast used) The Logitec G7 mouse? Im lookin for a great all rounder for both gaming and draughting (within AutoCAD) and Im looking seriously @ gettin one…

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I use a G7 daily within AutoCAD and 3DStudio Max 9. I also use it on Photshop and for gaming. A very solid Mouse...

I also very much like the G5 mouse, as it allows me to make it as heavy as I want it...
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited February 2007
    the G7 is way more than $30. And yes it is worth the extra money, especially since I'm assuming you use the computer alot.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    G5, G7, MX500, MX1000 and the Revolution are all worth the price, and then some.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I really like my G7, but would trade its tilt wheel for a 'forward' thumb button.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    shwaip wrote:
    I really like my G7, but would trade its tilt wheel for a 'forward' thumb button.

Ditto.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I like the G7 a lot, but I like the G5 better.

my review.
  • edited February 2007
    shwaip wrote:

Agreed. Thats the one feature the MX700 had which I miss a lot on my G7.

The batteries discharge a lot faster too, but at least they're swappable on the fly rather than docking the mouse for a few hours.
  • sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
    edited February 2007
    Thanks everyone for your replys, Im pretty sold on the G7, one final question, is it a similar size to the microsoft mouse? I dont like small mice...

And I know the G7 is more than (US)$30, their over (NZ)$120 :eek3: here, hence why Im askin before I buy one...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    It is a nice big mouse :) not to huge but not to small...
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited February 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    G5, G7, MX500, MX1000 and the Revolution are all worth the price, and then some.

Agree, I have a MX1K on my desktop, and a MX518 for my lappy. Both have been amazingly reliable. Would recommend them to anyone...
  • sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
    edited February 2007
    so I bought the G7, it arrived in the post on monday and I have to say, Im amazed at the difference. having never actually bought or used a decent mouse Id never known the difference...

I LOVE MY NEW MOUSE SO MUCH, I WANT TO HAVE ITS BABIES!!!
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    if it does have your babies mind if i get one of them...an extra mouse is never frowned upon..or rat :)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Well, a little off topic, but I have an MX410 laser mouse and the performance is very sporadic. Sometimes the cursor lags and then jumps halfway across the screen which makes working in a photoshop a pita. I'm tempted to sell it and try one of the others.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I think it is definitely worth it to spend on a mouse. You are constantly interacting with it, and having a piece of quality hardware under your hand really improves the workday (yeah, that's what she said). I just bought a VX Revolution for my notebook, and I am thoroughly impressed. It makes the MX500 I'm still using at work seem like a dinosaur...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    For photoshop I highly recommend the G5 (wired!) mouse.