DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in NDIS.SYS Part Deux

mtroxmtrox Minnesota
edited March 2007 in Science & Tech
Gorby wrote:
Hi, I was doing a search for this error message and saw this thread so I thought I'd post my problem here after reading.

I just recently got this BSOD also. I was just browsing some news on the web and puter froze, then got the BSOD.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBA5D2BEF)

NDIS.SYS - Address BA5D2BEF base at BA5BC000, Datestamp 41107ec3

NDIS.SYS tells a lot. That always has to do with your Ethernet card. Is it a desktop PC where you can just pull a card out and reboot? If not, have you changed the Ethernet card driver lately? Can you roll it back or if it's an onboard Ethernet, can you just disable it and see if that solves the error?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Ya, it's a desktop PC. I tried rolling back the driver and still had the same problem. I had to switch to wireless, got the new card, had no problems for like 2 months, then got a BSOD, rebooted, didn't think anything of it. A week later, I get another BSOD and tried rolling back the driver. Now I've gotten 3 BSOD's in like a weeks time since rolling back.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited March 2007
  • edited March 2007
    I was having a similar error (NDIS.SYS related BSOD). Turns out what caused it was the combination of downloading a very large torrent of over 36 gigs and a bittorrent client unable to handle it - ABC. I switched from ABC to Azureus and the BSOD stopped showing up.

This shows that just because the NDIS.SYS BSOD happened doesn't mean its a direct result of a bad NIC or bad NIC drivers. A specific network related program could cause the problem as well.
  • edited March 2007
    Well, my network card is a D-Link card on IRQ 21...not sharing that IRQ with anything else.