updated bios and restarted-now comp wont display anything

edited March 2007 in Hardware
Hi any help on this problem is greatly appreciated. I have an asus A8N32sli deluxe board with a amd 3800+ processor. I recently updated my BIOS. when my computer prompted to restart it did, and when it came back on there was no display. other than this everything seems to be running fine. there are no beep indications and the LED on the motherboard is on. I have tried resetting CMOS, removing hardware components such as sound card and even switched up my RAM. Please help! is there any way of reverting to the original BIOS?
or do i need to RMA this thing. thanks in advance.

Comments

• RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    is there a posting beep when you turn your computer on? you can only revert back to original BIOS without replacing the BIOS chip if your motherboard has the dual BIOS backup function
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    Try resetting the BIOS using the CMOS jumper and removing the battery while the computer is unplugged from the wall.

What type of video card do you have? If it's AGP or PCI-E and you have an old PCI card laying around, give it a try. :)
  • edited March 2007
    I have geforce 7800 gtx. my bios doesnt have dual bios function. i have tried resetting cmos and taking out the bios battery. nothing seems to work. =(
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Next step is pull the battery (power cord disconnected) and let sit overnight. If it still won't start, then you've apparently got a bad CMOS chip or your flash catastrophically corrupted the BIOS. If worse comes to worst, you will be able to get a replacement chip for a reasonable price.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    If you determine that your bios is indeed corrupt:

www.badflash.com