GTA IV

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited April 2007 in Gaming
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

A trailer is out for GTA IV. Its supposed to come out for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, the graphics look good but other than that you can't tell anything from that trailer.

What a tease.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2007
    I've always been a fan of the GTA 3 Series (which most people don't know is actually composed of GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, and Vice City Stories.) So Rockstar decided it was time to finally start something new....I hope
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    It's gotta come out for the PC... I would love to have a GTA game that has multiplayer... We haven't had any GTA multiplayer since GTA2...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    so far we've got a russian mobster trying to start a new life in NYC, but somehow most likely gets dragged back into a life of crime.

That's what I got out of the trailer.
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Wow can't wait... :)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Indeed... Should be pretty awesome being set in NYC... What time frame I wonder... Looked mostly pretty modern...
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    It's gotta come out for the PC... I would love to have a GTA game that has multiplayer... We haven't had any GTA multiplayer since GTA2...

A few friends of mine have been raving about San Andreas MP.

http://www.sa-mp.com/

Check it out.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2007
    I think the most interesting thing here is that it's not exclusive to the PS3. I know neither were the some of the others but they took a while to come to other platforms.

When is Sony going to see a real system seller?
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    They'll probably just release it for PS3 and Xbox, and when they've sold enough of them, theyll make a crappy convertion to PC...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    TheGr81 wrote:
    I think the most interesting thing here is that it's not exclusive to the PS3. I know neither were the some of the others but they took a while to come to other platforms.

When is Sony going to see a real system seller?

mgs4? Whenever that comes out, I'd say.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2007
    From what I've heard, sony wasn't exactly cooperating on the GTA 4 deal. I guess since its been exclusive for the past few games (and later came out for xbox), they assumed they had some sort of loyalty built up with rockstar. Anyway when it came time to make the deal MS jumped right on it while sony procrastinated....I read this on a few forums and I'll try to find them
  • edited April 2007
    I recall reading that Sony wasn't able to get their PS3 specs nailed down and a working system out soon enough for GTA IV's development to start in time, so they simply went right into working on the game for the already released XBOX 360.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    I actually heard that MS had a deal with Rockstar and there will be exclusive extra missions you will be able to download for the 360. :cool:
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    NiGHTS wrote:
    A few friends of mine have been raving about San Andreas MP.

http://www.sa-mp.com/

Check it out.

Beat me to it.