What is your favorite game?

Comments

• SDISDI The Internet
    edited April 2007
    Cheers mate.. will do a scout on it, tho tbh, think my Nova days are gone... they suck at supporting their games and giving moders the tools to help the games survive and evolve
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    SDI wrote:
    Been a total Guild Wars addict since its release, with a short break in middle... Still play, but not as often as I once did. It's just a totally beautiful game to wander around in, and pretty non grind.

We used to be into Guild Wars pretty big, but never got past the first game, let alone all the expansions that have come out since... Just saw in PC Gamer that they are delaying the next expansion because they are working on Guild Wars 2...
  • SDISDI The Internet
    edited April 2007
    True in part.. they never really made expansions as such b4; they were stand alone games that interconnected, so-called chapters. They seem to have figured they've gone as far as they can with the GW1 model and are going to pursue a new game, GW2, tho dont expect to start beta until 2007-8. In the meantime, having abandoned stand alone 'chapters', they're going to fill the wait for GW2 with an expansion of end game content accessable to any1 playing one of the previous three chapters, supposedly wrapping up some of the lose ends... and mebe some free content after that.

Still got a real soft spot for the game, had never seen anything like it b4. I've tried a few others MMO when my attention waned, but nothing grabbed me like GW did.. still dipping in.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    IT has to be UT
  • gritzgritz Way out West
    edited April 2007
    Ok ......

DescentII
    Wild Metal Country
    Ghost Recon

That should say something about my age ..... :^)))
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited April 2007
    SDI wrote:
    Cheers mate.. will do a scout on it, tho tbh, think my Nova days are gone... they suck at supporting their games and giving moders the tools to help the games survive and evolve

Be looking for you in the game if you get it. Nova has released the mod tools for free, that is how the guys on BearForce made the mod. NovaWorld will be kind of on and off for the next 2 weeks, they are moving and upgrading their servers. We just log into them but play the game through Hamchi.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    oh man wild metal country! I love it! i believe i recieved that game with my Riva TNT2 card
  • gritzgritz Way out West
    edited April 2007
    Ahh yes .... I can't believe they just dropped it. We play inhouse up to 4 players and it's a blast. Nothing more satisfying than to see your opponent blow up into tiny pieces ... specially with the A-Bomb. :^) Originally you needed IPX but it plays fine in TCP!
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    I'll have to second that one... I have been a fan of this series from the beginning and have played all of Paradox's games... They're awesome...

omg there is someone else out there who understands ;_;
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited April 2007
    PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 IS THE ONLY GAME.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Nomad wrote:
    omg there is someone else out there who understands ;_;

'Hearts of Iron'?? More like 'Hearts of Beating a Dead Horse' or 'Hearts of Pumping a Dry Well' :P
  • edited April 2007
    oh man wild metal country! I love it! i believe i recieved that game with my Riva TNT2 card
    You can download it for free, it's one of Rockstar's Classics...
  • edited April 2007
    I'll have to go with UT. I think I've got all the different versions of the game on all the consoles as well as all the pc versions. They're all great with the exclusion of Unreal II...that was horrid. I'm also going to have say Duke Nukem does still and always will have a special place in my heart. It's just too hard to pick one game. I've also become a COD2 fan. There are just so many great games.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    'Hearts of Iron'?? More like 'Hearts of Beating a Dead Horse' or 'Hearts of Pumping a Dry Well' :P

The second was better.
  • edited April 2007
    Counter-Strike, Battle Field 2
  • edited April 2007
    I know no one has said anything in a couple weeks, but I still wanted to add mine. :P

I seem to love all the games no one else does/did. I'll try to keep this list short.

Here are a few (in no particular order)

~ Fable :rolleyes:

~ Legend of Legaia (1 and 2) both awesome games

~ Final Fantasy VIII, I'm one of the few that doesn't like VII.

~ Elder Scrolls III: Oblivion

~ Shining Force: Neo

~ I loved Dynasty Warriors back when they were new... I used to play that every day! Lu Bu was awesome :D

~ Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne (for those that don't know, this is like a satanic pokemon game, haha)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics (the only grid based game I ever loved playing)

~ Duck Hunt, lawl, I keed, I keed. Though I did rox the clay pidgeons back in 1989. :wink:
  • xerxezxerxez South Africa
    edited April 2007
    My all time favourite has to be Populous: The Beginning. Also enjoy System Shock 2, Nox, Sacrifice (only played the demo but would love the full game)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    I am kind of a "period-person". By that I mean that i play mostly everything, but at different times. Right now I'm playing DF:BHD and Americas Army. Last week, I played only Lock On and Dangerous waters. I switch between different genres.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2007
    I've been into Capcom vs. SNK 2 (5 1/2 yr old ps2 game, not the EZ mode gamecube rip - not to be confused with the button masher that is Marvel vs Capcom), Call of Duty 2 on the 360 (haven't played 3 much), In the Groove 2 in arcades (A DDR type game), and Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

I get around.

My friends and I like to do push-ups equal to our number of deaths after every game of CoD2. And I suck at that game. :aol:
  • balldripsballdrips tampa
    edited May 2007
    Believe it or not, i enjoy playing Quake 4 on 360 and PC. I am actually looking for any lan parties for 360 or PC (pc preferred) for Quake 4 in the Tampa area. Please help! Im new to this site so pleasebe patient.
  • sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
    edited May 2007
    gritz wrote:
    Ok ......

DescentII
    Wild Metal Country
    Ghost Recon

That should say something about my age ..... :^)))

I wouldnt be too concerened about those picks, the first 2 games I was ever addicted too where:
    Heretic
    Descent

Glad to find someone else that played atleast one of these

(P.S - Im only in my mid 20's...:D )
  • edited May 2007
    *Everquest (played hardcore for 7 years till I had to start focusing on real life, Maxtorpor of "Descendents" of Mithaniel Marr server, if their are any other EQ players on here lol)
    *Final Fantasy 7
    *Final Fantasy 9
    *Final Fantasy 10
    *Zelda: Ocarina of Time

*All the Grand Theft Autos

*all the old Warcrafts (including 3)

*Counter Strike (havent played in years)

*Age of Mythology was pretty cool but now im playing....

*Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 (can only play at work as my stupid comps video card sucks)
  • edited May 2007
    Wow, Rs2, Kalonline, CoD2
  • edited May 2007
    *Everquest (played hardcore for 7 years till I had to start focusing on real life, Maxtorpor of "Descendents" of Mithaniel Marr server, if their are any other EQ players on here lol)
    *Final Fantasy 7
    *Final Fantasy 9
    *Final Fantasy 10
    *Zelda: Ocarina of Time

*All the Grand Theft Autos

*all the old Warcrafts (including 3)

*Counter Strike (havent played in years)

*Age of Mythology was pretty cool but now im playing....

*Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 (can only play at work as my stupid comps video card sucks)

At work? What kind of job do you have?
  • edited May 2007
    Lol I am an Account Executive for a mortgage bank, I usually stay an hour or 2 after work and play when the office is shut down for the day. Not during work hours lol. (except maybe the occasional game during my lunch hour, haha) my boss and a co worker both play so that helps lol. the boss just updated all of our computers with new video cards so we can play after work lol.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2007
    I used to play WoW to no end, but I can thank my friends for breaking my addiction since we started hangin out more. Now looking back, I'll think again before letting an MMO take over again. :-/
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    I wouldnt be too concerened about those picks, the first 2 games I was ever addicted too where:
    Heretic
    Descent

Glad to find someone else that played atleast one of these

(P.S - Im only in my mid 20's...:D )

Decent and Heretic were two amazing classics! Anyone who hasn't played them and are at least 20 yrs old should have at least played it once before imho ;)

My first PC Game was MechWarrior 2:31st Century Combat, at least addiction wise.
  • edited May 2007
    Dont bother with games too much nowadays but i always make sure i play Splinter Cell every time it comes out.
    new one is released in December i think
  • edited May 2007
    Unreal tournament 2004
    All Command and conquer
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited February 2008
    Well, the topic title says its all...

Basically state your favorite game or series of games...ill go first, mine would have to be the Half-life 2 Series. Proberly because its just soo great to play and has a good story line.

Who's next?